The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 60  Next
 Post subject: Re: Foo Fighters
PostPosted: Thu August 24, 2017 9:55 pm 
The Master

theplatypus wrote:
Don't they inject a bunch of jam sections and stuff? I remember seeing a live version of "My Hero" that ended with a jam section

Dave Grohl hops onto a set of toms at the end of that song. That is literally the only live moment I've seen from them that approached anything resembling a divergence from their albums.

PostPosted: Thu August 24, 2017 9:57 pm 
Major Dude

tragabigzanda wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
Don't they inject a bunch of jam sections and stuff? I remember seeing a live version of "My Hero" that ended with a jam section

Dave Grohl hops onto a set of toms at the end of that song. That is literally the only live moment I've seen from them that approached anything resembling a divergence from their albums.

They'll stretch out bridges and stuff similar to the abortion that Corduroy has turned into.

PostPosted: Thu August 24, 2017 10:09 pm 
AnalLog

wease wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
theplatypus wrote:

They'll stretch out bridges and stuff similar to the abortion that Corduroy has turned into.

yeah, they jam a lot of things out. they sound pretty rehearsed on them though

PostPosted: Thu August 24, 2017 10:16 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

tragabigzanda wrote:
theplatypus wrote:

That's not what I saw. The live performance I saw had a lot of jamming

PostPosted: Thu August 24, 2017 10:17 pm 
The Master

theplatypus wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
theplatypus wrote:

Liar!

PostPosted: Thu August 24, 2017 10:19 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Pearl Jamming? or Foo Fighting?

PostPosted: Fri August 25, 2017 6:35 am 
Jeff's Infallible Pendulum

theplatypus wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
theplatypus wrote:

That Wembley dvd turned all those 3-4 minute radio singles into 8 minute pointless jams. They still do it live when I saw them on the last tour. It gets boring quick.

PostPosted: Fri August 25, 2017 6:40 am 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

Yeah I'm not saying it's good. Just that it is different from the studio version.

This isn't the performance I saw, but they did it here too from 48:15 onward. They do it on a bunch of songs.

PostPosted: Fri August 25, 2017 2:04 pm 
The Master

Yeah, they didn't do any of that when I saw them. But it's boring AF.

PostPosted: Fri August 25, 2017 2:22 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

I'm sure the Foomily eat up those live jams.

PostPosted: Thu September 07, 2017 8:16 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

PostPosted: Fri September 08, 2017 12:58 am 
jeeeesus relax already

Thats the worst song they did. They are not even trying....and the vocals sound so processed and clean. Horrible.

PostPosted: Fri September 08, 2017 3:24 am 
"Supersonic sucks."

These guys (and Weezer) are playing about about a five minute drive from my house in January, thinking of going along. Haven't seen them since 1998.

PostPosted: Wed September 13, 2017 12:14 pm 
Rank This Poster

Birds in Hell wrote:
These guys (and Weezer) are playing about about a five minute drive from my house in January, thinking of going along. Haven't seen them since 1998.

I've seen them a few times in the past few years and looked at tickets again but can't justify $150 this time.

PostPosted: Thu September 14, 2017 11:26 am 
AnalLog

Release day for a Foo Fighters record feels like groundhog day. Just heard the record for the first time.
Ive never really been a fan of the Foo's but like most think Dave is just cool, and a great drummer.
I really want to like his band. I did like some songs on the first 2 records, Ive even bought 'Wasting Light'. And Ive listened to all the records. On some records there's always like 2 or 3 songs that I think are good. But most of them are just soo bland and uninspiring to me.
And that feeling happened again today. Groundhog day...cause once again Im dissappointed in the record.
Almost as poor as the last one. The song 'La Dee La' is allright...but that's about it...

As much as I like Dave...I really want to like his band...
As this moment they are like the biggest rockband on the planet...but how?? Not sure if I understand haha...

They are closer to...say...Nickleback than QOTSA or even PJ :roll:

PostPosted: Thu September 14, 2017 1:29 pm 
A Return To Form

Yes, the foo fighters are the cool nickelback. I still like the first album though, and everlong is a 90s classic.

PostPosted: Thu September 14, 2017 1:59 pm 
A Return To Form

Just listened to the whole album. What a disappointment. It's not terrible (except the phrase "the sky is a neighborhood" is dumb) but nothing grabs me. Just generic-as-it-gets rock music. We've all heard this before.

PostPosted: Thu September 14, 2017 2:40 pm 
AnalLog

joostone wrote:
Release day for a Foo Fighters record feels like groundhog day. Just heard the record for the first time.
Ive never really been a fan of the Foo's but like most think Dave is just cool, and a great drummer.
I really want to like his band. I did like some songs on the first 2 records, Ive even bought 'Wasting Light'. And Ive listened to all the records. On some records there's always like 2 or 3 songs that I think are good. But most of them are just soo bland and uninspiring to me.
And that feeling happened again today. Groundhog day...cause once again Im dissappointed in the record.
Almost as poor as the last one. The song 'La Dee La' is allright...but that's about it...

As this moment they are like the biggest rockband on the planet...but how?? Not sure if I understand haha...

I guess the question is, if you haven't liked anything since the second album, why keep trying?

PostPosted: Thu September 14, 2017 4:09 pm 
AnalLog

meatwad wrote:
joostone wrote:

I guess the question is, if you haven't liked anything since the second album, why keep trying?

Every three years I ask myself the same question, guess I really like Dave. ;)

PostPosted: Sat September 16, 2017 4:54 am 
Future Drummer

Birds in Hell wrote:

You should definitely go Spenno - they're a well-oiled machine and play a nice mix of songs from all albums :nice:

I saw the last two tours, both at Sydney Football Stadium. The first one was great, the second felt like I was watching the exact same show again, but with a few lame Sonic Highways songs slotted in. Weezer is a nice bonus this time, but I'm suffering Foo-fatigue so going to pass this time.

The new album is not bad on first listen - much better than the last, but not as good as Wasting Light.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 60  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands