The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 299, 300, 301, 302, 303, 304, 305 ... 1306  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 45th POTUS - Donald J. Trump
PostPosted: Sun August 13, 2017 12:58 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Green Habit wrote:

As sickening as that whole situation is, that guy better get murder + 19 attempted and hopefully all of those torch carrying shots are naked and shamed, Let's not pretend antifa doesn't have a recent history of violence at protests. Both sides wanted violence and that's what they got to the extreme detriment of humanity.

This sickening masterbatory reaction from the left has made me extra sad. The hate filled monsters at this rally no more represent the conservative philosophy than the guy that ran down six soldiers in Paris this week represents his faith... so zip it up, stop retweeting, and have some fucking perspective.

( not u in particular GH )

PostPosted: Sun August 13, 2017 2:29 pm 
The Master

Sorry, no. Pretty much convinced all conservatives are garbage humans at this point. You guys have lost all goodwill.

PostPosted: Sun August 13, 2017 2:29 pm 
Rank This Poster

These hate-filled monsters absolutely represent a growing (and vocal) faction in conservatism who feel their way of life is being threatened. It's pretty easy to see the hate and racism that fuels a large segment of the right these days and the race-baiting that goes on in conservative talk-radio is astonishing.

PostPosted: Sun August 13, 2017 2:57 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

::breath::

PostPosted: Sun August 13, 2017 2:59 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

What. The. Fuck.

PostPosted: Sun August 13, 2017 3:00 pm 
The Master

Geezes fucking christ.

PostPosted: Sun August 13, 2017 3:02 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Yeah, it's absolutely true that the people who came out to counterprotest were expecting (and some were even enjoying) the minor scuffles and spit throwing. And there's always a little undercurrent of "if we bait them enough, then we can get them to show the world what they really are," which is not a great idea just at a personal safety level. It's a disruptive and conflict-drawn quality that isn't to be ignored.

But it's such a million miles from torch carrying, nazi flag waving, "go back to Africa" and "faggot" chanting rage. And protester-baiting is a pretty basic part of any counter protest. Counterprotestors at anti-Trump rallies do the same thing. It's not a philosophy or worldview-driven action. White nationalism IS.

I deeply appreciate that conservatism as a political philosophy is not inherently tied to this subculture. Plenty of conservative intellectuals decry it as vehemently as any liberal, and nobody failed to notice the passion of many Republican responses yesterday.

But it's also true that conservativism has allowed a tenuous bond to exist with this trash, because it could gain by it. And from time to time that connection becomes a little less tenuous and a little more open. For crying out loud, Jeff Sessions is every Republicans favorite Republican. Major conservatism messaging infrastructure is aimed AT JUST THESE PEOPLE. Donald Trump basically owns their souls at this point, exactly because he (Bannon) understood that messaging and brought it out of the shadows. And when Republican senators are hesitant to stand up to Donald Trump, make no mistake that these people's votes are part of what's holding them back.

These people don't define the Republican Party, but the willingness to silently carry them along has been a growing cyst, seeping and ugly. If the party doesn't want to be seen as the party that accepts them, then they have to stop accepting of them. Period. And I suspect that's just too costly for them to really do.

PostPosted: Sun August 13, 2017 3:20 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

McParadigm wrote:
Yeah, it's absolutely true that the people who came out to counterprotest were expecting (and some were even enjoying) the minor scuffles and spit throwing. And there's always a little undercurrent of "if we bait them enough, then we can get them to show the world what they really are," which is not a great idea just at a personal safety level. It's a disruptive and conflict-drawn quality that isn't to be ignored.

But it's such a million miles from torch carrying, nazi flag waving, "go back to Africa" and "faggot" chanting rage. And protester-baiting is a pretty basic part of any counter protest. Counterprotestors at anti-Trump rallies do the same thing. It's not a philosophy or worldview-driven action. White nationalism IS.

I deeply appreciate that conservatism as a political philosophy is not inherently tied to this subculture. Plenty of conservative intellectuals decry it as vehemently as any liberal, and nobody failed to notice the passion of many Republican responses yesterday.

But it's also true that conservativism has allowed a tenuous bond to exist with this trash, because it could gain by it. And from time to time that connection becomes a little less tenuous and a little more open. For crying out loud, Jeff Sessions is every Republicans favorite Republican. Major conservatism messaging infrastructure is aimed AT JUST THESE PEOPLE. Donald Trump basically owns their souls at this point, exactly because he (Bannon) understood that messaging and brought it out of the shadows. And when Republican senators are hesitant to stand up to Donald Trump, make no mistake that these people's votes are part of what's holding them back.

These people don't define the Republican Party, but the willingness to silently carry them along has been a growing cyst, seeping and ugly. If the party doesn't want to be seen as the party that accepts them, then they have to stop accepting of them. Period. And I suspect that's just too costly for them to really do.

I agree with you here (and heart you when you take the time to post). Trumps refusal to name the ideology of the killer is despicable, even for him, and the media must take him to task until he does. (Fox News needs to take the lead here.) This was domestic terrorism. This was white supremacism. And no one should let this slide. My point was that we shouldn't be celebrating a murder because it confirms our prejudices.

PostPosted: Sun August 13, 2017 3:24 pm 
The Master

Who is celebrating a murder??

PostPosted: Sun August 13, 2017 4:35 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

Bi_3 has achieved Maximum Concern Troll status

PostPosted: Sun August 13, 2017 7:10 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

PostPosted: Sun August 13, 2017 7:57 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Sorry, no. Pretty much convinced all conservatives are garbage humans at this point. You guys have lost all goodwill.

I see the retarded irrationality with which you judge movies has fully seeped into your politics.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Sun August 13, 2017 7:59 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

BurtReynolds wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:

I see the retarded irrationality with which you judge movies has fully seeped into your politics.

Gentlemen, please!

PostPosted: Sun August 13, 2017 8:04 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

theplatypus wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:

Gentlemen, please!

No.

Let them fight.

PostPosted: Sun August 13, 2017 8:07 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

theplatypus wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:

Gentlemen, please!

This. Is. Identity politics!

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Sun August 13, 2017 8:07 pm 

Wait that looks kinda racist in this context

PostPosted: Sun August 13, 2017 8:09 pm 
Poster of the Year

no shit

PostPosted: Sun August 13, 2017 8:15 pm 

But seriously, does anyone see anything on the horizon that suggests that the two halves of this country are going to move toward each other? I can't see anything, but I see mountains of evidence that they will continue to separate.

It seems kinda dumb.

PostPosted: Sun August 13, 2017 8:16 pm 
Poster of the Year

Why should I move toward white supremacy?

PostPosted: Sun August 13, 2017 8:17 pm 

cutuphalfdead wrote:
Why should I move toward white supremacy?

This is what I'm talking about.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 299, 300, 301, 302, 303, 304, 305 ... 1306  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate