The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1609 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 81  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Fri July 21, 2017 5:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Mon July 08, 2013 11:12 pm
Posts: 2031
SoulEngine wrote:
New Orleans '03. Crazy Mary is so chill.

Its one of the first songs I remember that made a political statement without being preachy. This little girl, poor, with violence being obvious. It really changed me.


I thought it was about a homeless woman who he accidentally murders


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Tue July 25, 2017 4:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Fri March 31, 2017 7:05 pm
Posts: 642
Location: In The Crevasse
Vault 3? 9/19/1998 Washington D.C.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Wed July 26, 2017 2:36 am 
Offline
Banned from the Pit
 Profile

Joined: Fri June 30, 2017 6:06 pm
Posts: 17
Hartford 2008-06-27 Hot fun in the summertime.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Wed July 26, 2017 11:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
A Return To Form
 Profile

Joined: Sun December 13, 2015 8:04 am
Posts: 214
Melbourne 03-05-98


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Thu July 27, 2017 3:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Mon July 08, 2013 11:12 pm
Posts: 2031
This guy's channel is so good....so many shows
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcdn-K ... tu8YohEuYQ

Im watching some 2006 shows, watching San Francisco 2 now...watched 1 yesterday and enjoyed it.

LOL this one is hilarious because Eddie forgets how to play Sometimes as the opener and just stops and says "I forgot the fuckin song" and moves on to the next song.

I wonder if he'll play Sometimes again at San Fran 3 or something or if he'll make an epic show as an apology


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Thu July 27, 2017 4:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Fri March 31, 2017 7:05 pm
Posts: 642
Location: In The Crevasse
mikejasond wrote:
This guy's channel is so good....so many shows
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcdn-K ... tu8YohEuYQ

Im watching some 2006 shows, watching San Francisco 2 now...watched 1 yesterday and enjoyed it.

LOL this one is hilarious because Eddie forgets how to play Sometimes as the opener and just stops and says "I forgot the fuckin song" and moves on to the next song.

I wonder if he'll play Sometimes again at San Fran 3 or something or if he'll make an epic show as an apology


All 3 of the SF shows and Santa Barbara are some of my favorites from this tour. Next to the Gorge shows, of course. Night 3 was at one point, considered to be the "best show ever" by Stone from what I've read. :P


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Thu July 27, 2017 9:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:38 pm
Posts: 10753
TremorJam wrote:
mikejasond wrote:
This guy's channel is so good....so many shows
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcdn-K ... tu8YohEuYQ

Im watching some 2006 shows, watching San Francisco 2 now...watched 1 yesterday and enjoyed it.

LOL this one is hilarious because Eddie forgets how to play Sometimes as the opener and just stops and says "I forgot the fuckin song" and moves on to the next song.

I wonder if he'll play Sometimes again at San Fran 3 or something or if he'll make an epic show as an apology


All 3 of the SF shows and Santa Barbara are some of my favorites from this tour. Next to the Gorge shows, of course. Night 3 was at one point, considered to be the "best show ever" by Stone from what I've read. :P

Uh oh, now you've ruined it for him.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Thu July 27, 2017 9:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 3258
Location: Oslo, Norway
Birds in Hell wrote:
TremorJam wrote:
mikejasond wrote:
This guy's channel is so good....so many shows
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcdn-K ... tu8YohEuYQ

Im watching some 2006 shows, watching San Francisco 2 now...watched 1 yesterday and enjoyed it.

LOL this one is hilarious because Eddie forgets how to play Sometimes as the opener and just stops and says "I forgot the fuckin song" and moves on to the next song.

I wonder if he'll play Sometimes again at San Fran 3 or something or if he'll make an epic show as an apology


All 3 of the SF shows and Santa Barbara are some of my favorites from this tour. Next to the Gorge shows, of course. Night 3 was at one point, considered to be the "best show ever" by Stone from what I've read. :P

Uh oh, now you've ruined it for him.

No. Now he will find great joy in complaining about it.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Fri July 28, 2017 5:25 pm 
Offline
Banned from the Pit
 Profile

Joined: Fri June 30, 2017 6:06 pm
Posts: 17
Columbia, SC 2008. I'm really enjoying these 2008 shows lately.

Can't Keep and Present Tense are noteworthy due to interesting vocal inflections that are moving to me. I love an artist as they age, how imperfections are really just new and interesting choices.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Fri July 28, 2017 5:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:15 pm
Posts: 5782
SoulEngine wrote:
Columbia, SC 2008. I'm really enjoying these 2008 shows lately.

Can't Keep and Present Tense are noteworthy due to interesting vocal inflections that are moving to me. I love an artist as they age, how imperfections are really just new and interesting choices.

They had some great sets in 2008. They get pretty maligned on this board, but I really enjoyed that tour.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Fri July 28, 2017 6:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 44587
EJ wrote:
SoulEngine wrote:
Columbia, SC 2008. I'm really enjoying these 2008 shows lately.

Can't Keep and Present Tense are noteworthy due to interesting vocal inflections that are moving to me. I love an artist as they age, how imperfections are really just new and interesting choices.

They had some great sets in 2008. They get pretty maligned on this board, but I really enjoyed that tour.

The tour itself in 08 was great. Just a shame about the sound of the boots. This was really the first year the boots sounded noticeably bad, right?

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Fri July 28, 2017 9:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:38 pm
Posts: 10753
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
EJ wrote:
SoulEngine wrote:
Columbia, SC 2008. I'm really enjoying these 2008 shows lately.

Can't Keep and Present Tense are noteworthy due to interesting vocal inflections that are moving to me. I love an artist as they age, how imperfections are really just new and interesting choices.

They had some great sets in 2008. They get pretty maligned on this board, but I really enjoyed that tour.

The tour itself in 08 was great. Just a shame about the sound of the boots. This was really the first year the boots sounded noticeably bad, right?

Yeah, Brett Eliason had temporarily stopped mixing them and didn't return until the 2011 tour.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Tue August 01, 2017 3:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Mon July 08, 2013 11:12 pm
Posts: 2031
TremorJam wrote:
mikejasond wrote:
This guy's channel is so good....so many shows
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcdn-K ... tu8YohEuYQ

Im watching some 2006 shows, watching San Francisco 2 now...watched 1 yesterday and enjoyed it.

LOL this one is hilarious because Eddie forgets how to play Sometimes as the opener and just stops and says "I forgot the fuckin song" and moves on to the next song.

I wonder if he'll play Sometimes again at San Fran 3 or something or if he'll make an epic show as an apology


All 3 of the SF shows and Santa Barbara are some of my favorites from this tour. Next to the Gorge shows, of course. Night 3 was at one point, considered to be the "best show ever" by Stone from what I've read. :P


Listening to Night 3 now and its making me so sad. Im only two songs in and Ed sounds so good on both Release and Life Wasted. I wish this PJ still existed


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Tue August 01, 2017 5:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Mon July 08, 2013 11:12 pm
Posts: 2031
Man they played Red Mosquito WAY too slow in 2006 though


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Thu August 03, 2017 3:33 am 
Offline
User avatar
A Return To Form
 Profile

Joined: Sun December 13, 2015 8:04 am
Posts: 214
Moline '14, for the first time. Pretty good show by LB-era standards.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Thu August 03, 2017 6:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Mon July 08, 2013 11:12 pm
Posts: 2031
The Hawaii show from 2006 is great


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Thu August 03, 2017 6:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 44587
mikejasond wrote:
The Hawaii show from 2006 is great

Hawaii '92 is better. Best version of "Porch" there is.

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Thu August 03, 2017 6:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Mon July 08, 2013 11:12 pm
Posts: 2031
The Crazy Mary at hawaii 06 was O___O


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Fri August 04, 2017 11:48 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:08 pm
Posts: 3943
Location: 5th floor, Bay 8, position 5851
Vic Theater '07 was on the satellite this morning. One of my favorites because of the rarities packed into one show. I bet it would have been a treat to be there. And just a couple days past its tenth anniversary.
One show that was a treat to be at was Honolulu '06. Among my top concerts ever; the whole time was amazing. It was so cool to be able to go to Hawaii just to see Pearl Jam.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Sat August 05, 2017 6:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Fri March 31, 2017 7:05 pm
Posts: 642
Location: In The Crevasse
Memphis 2014. Excellent show! One of my favorites from 2014 with an outstanding set list and a killer poster as well. :thumbsup: It's difficult to choose between this and Lincoln as my favorite.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1609 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 81  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Tue November 21, 2017 4:31 am