The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: So Jeff is the coolest and Stone the lamest on stage rig
PostPosted: Mon July 24, 2017 4:49 pm 
Broken Tamborine

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Let's all laugh at Rangers wrote:
The first I saw of Pearl Jam was unplugged. I thought Jeff looked cool as he looked so different to the rest who quite frankly, all looked the same. As for the least cool, I really don't understand the standing, staring and pointing thing Mike does.

You probably don't understand it because you aren't cool

Dunno about the 1st bit but deffo the 2nd :haha:

PostPosted: Tue July 25, 2017 5:12 am 
Future Drummer

The live forum had some setlists made by Jeff and Stone

09/07/06 – Palacio de Deportes, Madrid, ES (JEFFS SETLIST)

set: Better Man, Corduroy, Animal, Big Wave, Rearviewmirror, In Hiding, Jeremy, Given To Fly, Once, Daughter/(Another Brick in the Wall, Part II), Not For You/(Modern Girl), Grievance, Why Go, Do The Evolution, Even Flow
first encore: Severed Hand, Elderly Woman…, Romanza / Man of the Hour, Black
second encore: World Wide Suicide, Go, Alive, Rockin’ in the Free World, Yellow Ledbetter, Little Wing

11/21/06 – Adelaide Entertainment Centre, Adelaide, Australia (STONES SETLIST)

set: Elderly Woman…, Go, Do The Evolution, Gods’ Dice, Once, Immortality, State Of Love And Trust, Wishlist, World Wide Suicide, Even Flow, Severed Hand, Army Reserve, Daughter/(Beds Are Burning/War), Why Go, Given To Fly, Interstellar Overdrive, Corduroy
first encore: Man of the Hour, No Woman, No Cry, Better Man/Save it for Later, Black, Life Wasted, Alive
second encore: Last Kiss, Don’t Gimme No Lip, Sad, Last Exit, Jeremy, Baba O’Riley

Jeff's setlist is AMAZING. Like...seriously I did not expect to see this setlist and get even more evidence. But Jeff's setlist just ROCKS. Ok, the encores aren't perfect, but that main set IS perfect and so different. Stone's is interesting but not as interesting as Jeff's, and the interesting choices in Jeff's setlist seem like they'd pay off more than the interesting choices in Stone's. (REALLY not feeling corduroy to end the main set, or last exit -> jeremy -> baba to end the show, BUT I am TOTALLY feeling the interesting placements of better man, RVM, Even flow, and Black in Jeff's set)

PostPosted: Tue July 25, 2017 5:43 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Did Stone steal your girlfriend or something?

PostPosted: Tue July 25, 2017 5:44 am 
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

Anders wrote:
Did Stone steal your girlfriend or something?

*mother

PostPosted: Tue July 25, 2017 2:54 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

I'll bet you Stone makes the least mistakes in live performances.

PostPosted: Tue July 25, 2017 3:12 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

B wrote:

I think you're right about that.

PostPosted: Tue July 25, 2017 3:53 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

TremorJam wrote:
B wrote:

I think you're right about that.

That's b/c he's over there concentrating while everyone is fucking around like their in Jeff's basement or some shit.

PostPosted: Tue July 25, 2017 4:21 pm 
Future Drummer

He also hits the lowest heights out of anybody in the band.

PostPosted: Tue July 25, 2017 4:38 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

PostPosted: Tue July 25, 2017 6:25 pm 
Broken Tamborine

mikejasond wrote:
The live forum had some setlists made by Jeff and Stone

09/07/06 – Palacio de Deportes, Madrid, ES (JEFFS SETLIST)

set: Better Man, Corduroy, Animal, Big Wave, Rearviewmirror, In Hiding, Jeremy, Given To Fly, Once, Daughter/(Another Brick in the Wall, Part II), Not For You/(Modern Girl), Grievance, Why Go, Do The Evolution, Even Flow
first encore: Severed Hand, Elderly Woman…, Romanza / Man of the Hour, Black
second encore: World Wide Suicide, Go, Alive, Rockin’ in the Free World, Yellow Ledbetter, Little Wing

11/21/06 – Adelaide Entertainment Centre, Adelaide, Australia (STONES SETLIST)

set: Elderly Woman…, Go, Do The Evolution, Gods’ Dice, Once, Immortality, State Of Love And Trust, Wishlist, World Wide Suicide, Even Flow, Severed Hand, Army Reserve, Daughter/(Beds Are Burning/War), Why Go, Given To Fly, Interstellar Overdrive, Corduroy
first encore: Man of the Hour, No Woman, No Cry, Better Man/Save it for Later, Black, Life Wasted, Alive
second encore: Last Kiss, Don’t Gimme No Lip, Sad, Last Exit, Jeremy, Baba O’Riley

Jeff's setlist is AMAZING. Like...seriously I did not expect to see this setlist and get even more evidence. But Jeff's setlist just ROCKS. Ok, the encores aren't perfect, but that main set IS perfect and so different. Stone's is interesting but not as interesting as Jeff's, and the interesting choices in Jeff's setlist seem like they'd pay off more than the interesting choices in Stone's. (REALLY not feeling corduroy to end the main set, or last exit -> jeremy -> baba to end the show, BUT I am TOTALLY feeling the interesting placements of better man, RVM, Even flow, and Black in Jeff's set)

Both interesting setlists imho. When I hear a version of a song that could end a set but doesn't, I love the idea of it ending a set of a subsequent gig. Even Flow (Hyde Park 2010) and Corduroy (Tokyo 2003) are both good shouts, and both represented in the Jeff/Stone setlists. I'd suggest Not For You as well, another one from the Hyde Park gig.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam