The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 760 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 38  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Black Crowes Thread
PostPosted: Tue March 14, 2017 11:48 pm 
Future Drummer

veddar10 wrote:
Looks like they have a RSD release from the Jimmy Page shows coming. Sick

Have you been able to find what the songs being released are? I hope this will be the missing Black Crowes songs.

PostPosted: Wed March 15, 2017 11:42 pm 
Broken Tamborine

surfndestroy wrote:
veddar10 wrote:
Looks like they have a RSD release from the Jimmy Page shows coming. Sick

Have you been able to find what the songs being released are? I hope this will be the missing Black Crowes songs.

Naw. The only list I saw said it Live at Jones Beach but I have a feeling it isn't those. Would be a nice surprise though. Looks like a pretty good unofficial record store day list though. Going to be an expensive Saturday that one.

PostPosted: Thu March 16, 2017 8:26 pm 
Future Drummer

Checking out the setlist from Jones Beach, if it's not the Black Crowes songs it could be the Zep songs not on Live at the Greek. I'd be pretty happy to get those.

Wanton Song
Misty Mountain Hop
Hots On For Nowhere
Bring It On Home
I Can't Be Satisfied (Muddy Waters cover)

The Black Crowes songs from Jones Beach were;

No Speak No Slave
Horsehead
Remedy
She Talks To Angels

PostPosted: Thu March 16, 2017 10:51 pm 
Broken Tamborine

surfndestroy wrote:
Checking out the setlist from Jones Beach, if it's not the Black Crowes songs it could be the Zep songs not on Live at the Greek. I'd be pretty happy to get those.

Wanton Song
Misty Mountain Hop
Hots On For Nowhere
Bring It On Home
I Can't Be Satisfied (Muddy Waters cover)

The Black Crowes songs from Jones Beach were;

No Speak No Slave
Horsehead
Remedy
She Talks To Angels

Yeah I want it either way

PostPosted: Fri March 17, 2017 3:38 pm 
AnalLog

Pro shot Jones Beach has been around for a while, it's been up on Youtube for at least the last 5 or 6 years, and the audio has circulated for a while as well...odd timing for this release

PostPosted: Tue March 21, 2017 10:48 pm 
Broken Tamborine

The Magpie Salute have a RSD release too. Damn good list this year

PostPosted: Thu March 30, 2017 5:15 pm 
AnalLog

Psyched to finally have a great quality recording of Omission

The Magpie Salute TO RELEASE SELF-TITLED DEBUT ALBUM JUNE 9, 2017 VIA EAGLE ROCK ENTERTAINMENT

NEW BAND CELEBRATES THE GUITAR TEAM OF RICH ROBINSON AND MARC FORD, BRINGING TOGETHER THREE KEY MEMBERS OF THE BLACK CROWES

THE MAGPIE SALUTE--a new band bringing together Rich Robinson, Marc Ford and Sven Pipien of The Black Crowes--will release their self-titled debut album worldwide on June 9 via Eagle Rock Entertainment. Produced by Crowes guitarist and co-founder Robinson, the musically tight and expansive album was recorded live in the studio in front of an audience at Applehead Recording in Woodstock, New York, except for the full studio track “Omission.” The album carries special significance as it marks the last recorded work by Eddie Harsch, the late Black Crowes keyboardist whose signature sound and gentle soul are woven into THE MAGPIE SALUTE.

The deeply soulful rock “Omission”--written by Robinson and vocalist John Hogg--is the album’s first single, arriving to radio in May, with a video to be released shortly thereafter. Look for the band to launch a national headline tour starting July 26 in Indianapolis.

In advance of the album’s release, THE MAGPIE SALUTE will issue a 10” vinyl 45 single of “Comin’ Home” and “Glad and Sorry” on Record Store Day, Saturday April 22 (U.S).

THE MAGPIE SALUTE--driven by the magic of the reunited Robinson and Ford guitar team--features musicians who’ve played together for decades throughout various projects and share a truly deep musical bond. Joining Robinson, Ford and Pipien in the band are drummer Joe Magistro and guitarist Nico Bereciartua. The group also boasts a fine cast of vocalists, including Robinson, Ford, lead singer John Hogg (Hookah Brown, Moke), former Crowes singer Charity White and background singers, Adrien Reju and Katrine Ottosen.

There is wide open musical freedom on the band’s debut album, with half of the 10 songs coming in over seven minutes in length, and the musicians’ wide-ranging roots are reflected in the diverse selections. They offer fresh takes of The Black Crowes’ “What Is Home” and “Wiser Time,” and interpret songs by Delaney and Bonnie (“Comin’ Home”), Bobby Hutcherson (“Goin’ Down South”), War (“War Drums”), Pink Floyd (“Fearless”), the Faces (“Glad and Sorry”), Bob Marley (“Time Will Tell,” which The Black Crowes covered on their second album) and the traditional “Ain’t No More Cane.”

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 3:10 pm 
Stone's Bitch

Haven't listened yet but Gorman was a guest on the Celebration Rock podcast the other day (same guy that did the PJ series).

http://www.93x.com/2017/05/15/season-2- ... f-the-90s/

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 2:11 am 
AnalLog

CR is such a fucking douche

https://www.jambase.com/article/chris-r ... stern-show

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 2:48 am 
Major Dude

MattA75 wrote:

Gregg seemed to know what he was about...

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 4:00 am 
Stone's Bitch

Oh boy. This is gonna go over real well with the Magpie Salute.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:22 pm 
Stone's Bitch

Just listened to the Gorman interview on Celebration Rock and it has once again solidified that dude as my favorite person in rock. If I could hang out and drink with one guy to talk about rock history and music, it would be him.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 5:06 pm 
AnalLog

The Gorman interview was cool, though there was definitely a few of those stories that he had already told on Dean Delray's show a couple of years back

the Gallagher brothers story about him waiting in their trailer was fucking :nice: :haha:

the difference between Steve and Chris seems to be that Steve is ACTUALLY over it, and even at the end when he goes into the whole deal with Chris trying to fuck him, he's just like "that was just Chris, one day he's your best friend, the next he's an asshole"...meanwhile Chris feels it necessary to denigrate everyone else in the band and their contributions to it (or lack thereof)...Chris made sure to praise good ole oven mitts though

to me it just makes the Chris interview from earlier this week look even worse...here's a guy who his singer was trying to rail out of the band partnership, and he's just like "yup, that's Chris, he's an asshole"...while Chris just sits there and says "they're lying" over and over again with no further insight into his perspective (which I'm convinced he has none, he's just full of shit and trying to somehow save a little bit of face in public)

PostPosted: Sun June 11, 2017 8:26 pm 
The Master

I hate Chris Robinson. Fuck that guy. Anytime the brother hood comes on the radio or in the news I get angry.

Warpaint is fantastic.

That is all.

PostPosted: Mon June 19, 2017 5:05 pm 
AnalLog

Magpie record is really good

Excited to see them in August, and excited to see what they can come up with for original material next year

PostPosted: Mon June 19, 2017 6:33 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

I'm not a huge Crowes fan, but I love Amorica. That album is amazing.

PostPosted: Wed June 28, 2017 7:03 pm 
The Master

I hate Chris Robinson even more now.

Flipping through the satellite radio and blew past the Jam station to hear his new brotherhood doing a shitty long extened jam band version of I Ain't Hiding.

Fuck that guy.

PostPosted: Wed June 28, 2017 7:38 pm 
Future Drummer

MattA75 wrote:

Excited to see them in August, and excited to see what they can come up with for original material next year

It left me feeling a little blah. Too many of the songs had a past life as either Black Crowe songs or known covers that the Black Crowes had been doing. I think doing that just made the record too much of a comparison between BC and MPS, and I fall squarely in the BC did it better camp.

Still interested in hearing what they come up with on their own though.

PostPosted: Tue July 04, 2017 10:35 pm 
AnalLog

surfndestroy wrote:
MattA75 wrote:

It left me feeling a little blah. Too many of the songs had a past life as either Black Crowe songs or known covers that the Black Crowes had been doing. I think doing that just made the record too much of a comparison between BC and MPS, and I fall squarely in the BC did it better camp.

Still interested in hearing what they come up with on their own though.

Well to be fair, the shows in Woodstock weren't ever really meant to be a "Magpie Salute" record...it was supposed to be another Rich and Friends Woodstock Sessions release and it just kind of evolved into what it is...

PostPosted: Fri July 14, 2017 11:22 pm 
AnalLog

Exit, fuck yeah

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 760 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 38  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands