The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 263  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cops Are The Worst
PostPosted: Fri July 14, 2017 2:25 am 
The Master

The Argonaut wrote:
Policing in America is broken. The culture of police all across the country is just completely backwards and wrong. The police are afraid of the communities they serve and people have lost faith in their police. It's an impossible situation. Trusted law enforcement is key to a functioning society. Everyone carrying a camera around 24/7 has exposed issues that have existed for decades/generations. Have other countries figured this out? Is it better in other places?

PostPosted: Fri July 14, 2017 2:31 am 
Looks Like a Cat

The Argonaut wrote:
Policing in America is broken. The culture of police all across the country is just completely backwards and wrong. The police are afraid of the communities they serve and people have lost faith in their police. It's an impossible situation. Trusted law enforcement is key to a functioning society. Everyone carrying a camera around 24/7 has exposed issues that have existed for decades/generations. Have other countries figured this out? Is it better in other places?

Yeah. I like this take on it, but someone added some lame music to the dialogue.

PostPosted: Fri July 14, 2017 2:39 am 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

I know this is the "cops are bad" thread, and yes some cops are really bad, but I got a kick out of this released bodycam footage in light of the girl later claiming abuse/sexual harrassment

PostPosted: Fri July 14, 2017 2:45 am 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

white girls are worse than cops

PostPosted: Fri July 14, 2017 6:08 pm 
Future Drummer
 WWW  Profile

The Argonaut wrote:
white girls are worse than cops

Both are known for their dick sucking qualities, but I could co-sign this.

PostPosted: Fri July 14, 2017 6:12 pm 
Site Admin

Just because you might have a right to mouth off and be an asshole to cops doesn't mean it's a good idea.

PostPosted: Fri July 14, 2017 6:24 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Can you imagine how they would have fucked her shit up if they didn't have cameras on them?

PostPosted: Sat July 22, 2017 2:22 am 
Gone

Minneapolis cops are the worst:

Body camera video from a Minneapolis police officer who shot and seriously wounded two dogs in a residential backyard not only shows the best view yet of the animals’ temperament and movements during the encounter, but the officer is heard moments later apologizing to a sobbing resident while declaring his love for dogs.

The shootings on the night of July 8 behind the home in the 3800 block of Queen Avenue N. also were captured nearly in their entirety on residential surveillance video, which Jennifer LeMay, the dogs’ owner, posted on Facebook, quickly leading to hundreds of thousands of views.

The Police Department has yet to take a position on officer Michael Mays’ actions while he responded to a false security alarm call at the house, only noting that he is under investigation and that officers will be trained on how to best handle encounters with dogs.
Mays’ initial report filed that same night contended that the dogs, which he described as large pit bulls, “charged at” him. The police union defended Mays, contending that the first dog growled as it advanced toward him.
LeMay and her attorney, Mike Padden, have scoffed at that version of events, and have called for Mays to be prosecuted for filing a false report. They also suggested Mays be disciplined, possibly even fired.
At a news conference Thursday afternoon in north Minneapolis, where Padden made the officer’s body camera video available to other media outlets, the attorney said the imagery makes it obvious that Mays shot with the intention to kill.

As Padden had the video shown on a screen behind him, LeMay was at his side and turned away at the sight of seeing her first dog shot.
In Mays’ body camera video, the first dog, Ciroc, does not appear to be charging and is shot while slowly walking with tail wagging. After the gunfire, the second dog, Rocko, runs straight toward Mays before being wounded.
As for any growling directed at the officer at the incident’s outset, that was not picked up on Mays’ camera because the devices, when not manually activated, are always on for video only. It’s only when an officer activates it manually that the device goes back and captures the previous — and silent — 30 seconds and then records video and audio until turned off.
Padden alleged Thursday that the officer took “full advantage” of the lack of audio early on “because he knows in the first 30 seconds his audio isn’t activated.”
In a supplement to his initial report stating the dogs charged at him, Mays said, “After firing the first shot, I observed a larger size blue nose pit bull come rushing towards me from inside the residence.”

Mays’ initial report offered a “different story” from the supplemental information because, Padden alleged, the officer learned about the surveillance videos and was attempting to corroborate his story with what was revealed on camera.
Padden went on to make a connection with body camera use in this case and the lack of any at the time Justine Damond was fatally shot by a police officer in southwest Minneapolis on Saturday. He said there should be “no more excuses” for officers’ devices not recording images and sound.
“I know that some people in law enforcement are capable of, at times, engaging in conduct that knows no bounds from the perspective of audacity,” Padden said.
‘Sorry about this’
Once the audio on Mays’ camera captures sound, he is heard saying, “I dispatched both of them,” first Ciroc and then Rocko.

The camera shows the officer reaching up and scaling a wooden fence and making his way to the front door, where he speaks with LeMay’s 18-year-old daughter, Courtney Livingston, who came home early from a family trip because she had to work the next morning.
Fighting sobs, Livingston explains how she put in the wrong code for the home’s security system, leading to the police response.
“Hey, I’m gonna sit there and say sorry about this,” Mays tells her. “I don’t like shooting no dogs. I love dogs, so ... it’s unfortunate. Are they A-OK?”
Livingston says she’s not sure and points out that “I have blood all over my house, and they’re both walking, that I know of.”
Ciroc and Rocko will require thousands of dollars in treatment for their wounds. Police Chief Janeé Harteau offered her department’s help in paying the bills. That gesture was met with a cool response from Padden, who said the offer came after the family had to put up money before the dogs could receive medical care.

PostPosted: Sat July 22, 2017 2:38 am 
The Master

Yyyyeeeaaaahhhh TBH cops shooting dogs is waaaaaayyyyyy down my priority list

PostPosted: Sat July 22, 2017 4:25 am 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Yyyyeeeaaaahhhh TBH cops shooting dogs is waaaaaayyyyyy down my priority list
It's a symptom of the same disease, and points to some of the most troubling issues of American policing.

From the article I posted on the last page:
Quote:
Yet killing isn’t necessarily the only option. After all, just like police officers, postal workers regularly encounter both vicious and gregarious dogs on their daily rounds. But letter carriers don’t kill dogs, even though they are bitten by the thousands every year. Instead, the Postal Service offers its employees training on how to avoid bites. (In addition, the agency keeps a centralized database of dog bites, a marked contrast to the lack of data on police killings.) At the sessions, handlers put postal workers through sample scenarios using live dogs, teaching them how to calm a dog, distract a dog and even fend one off if necessary. Similar training for meter readers has massively reduced instances of bites. Trainers say that in many cases, officers simply have no idea how to read a dog’s body language.
In a later article on a Mississippi cop who shot a Labrador, claiming that he felt threatened despite its leash, and an Ohio cop who injured a 4-year-old girl while shooting at a dog, Balko added, “Given that there’s no shortage of actual human beings getting shot by police officers, pointing these stories out can sometimes seem a bit callous. But I think they’re worth noting because they all point to the same problem. In too much of policing today, officer safety has become the highest priority. It trumps the rights and safety of suspects. It trumps the rights and safety of bystanders. It’s so important, in fact, that an officer’s subjective fear of a minor wound from a dog bite is enough to justify using potentially lethal force, in this case at the expense of a 4-year-old girl.”

PostPosted: Sat July 22, 2017 4:34 am 
Gone

Actually I saw a postal worker in Alabama who was arrested after putting nails in some meat and then leaving it for a dog on their route.

As for the cops shooting dogs, I prefer animals to most humans, even if the dog is a jerk. But it really does say a lot about how bad cops approach their job that they do stuff like this.

PostPosted: Tue August 29, 2017 11:22 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

:shake:

PostPosted: Wed August 30, 2017 12:19 am 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

Ouchie!

PostPosted: Wed August 30, 2017 12:32 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

did i miss the almost killing part?

PostPosted: Wed August 30, 2017 2:21 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Peeps wrote:
did i miss the almost killing part?

Well, he went head first to the asphalt and ceased to move, so he may have died just then. That make it better?

PostPosted: Wed August 30, 2017 2:30 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

im pretty sure his arms were moving at the end there

PostPosted: Wed August 30, 2017 4:20 pm 
The Master

Was that dude a midget? I couldnt tell if he was 16 years old or 56 years old. Also, he had quite a beer gut on him.

PostPosted: Wed August 30, 2017 10:14 pm 
Gone

Strat wrote:
Was that dude a midget? I couldnt tell if he was 16 years old or 56 years old. Also, he had quite a beer gut on him.

Why you gotta fat shame bro?

PostPosted: Thu August 31, 2017 5:25 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

This seems to be kind of a trend. Cops are either poorly trained, or something, but it seems like they don't appreciate that people can't stop their fall when they have their arms behind their backs. It didn't look like he 'slammed' the guys face into the ground, it looks like he swept his legs and totally failed to support the guys torso. Why go with malice when incompetence will suffice?

PostPosted: Thu August 31, 2017 6:38 am 
Broken Tamborine

Attitude.

from either side.

determines how the confrontation will go down.

racism is very apparent;

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 263  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate