The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Portable HD music players.
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 10:18 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

Chud fucking sell me your Fiio already sheeeeeshhhh

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:00 pm 
Poster of the Year

i dont feel like spending the balance to upgrade right now, and i'm not selling unless i'm going to immediately replace it

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:05 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

tragabigzanda wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
I use iTunes for file management and for podcasts, but I do all of my tagging in other programs.

Have you tried Downcast? You can sync your podcasts across multiple devices, and it outperforms the iphone podcast app in every way (or at least since I abandoned the podcast app a few years ago).

Another vote for Downcast. It's starting to show it's age but I saw online that version 3 should be coming soon. Then again, that blog post is almost a year old.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:07 pm 
The Master

bune wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
I use iTunes for file management and for podcasts, but I do all of my tagging in other programs.

Have you tried Downcast? You can sync your podcasts across multiple devices, and it outperforms the iphone podcast app in every way (or at least since I abandoned the podcast app a few years ago).

Another vote for Downcast. It's starting to show it's age but I saw online that version 3 should be coming soon. Then again, that blog post is almost a year old.

oh man, i would love a brand new version of this!

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:09 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

cutuphalfdead wrote:
i dont feel like spending the balance to upgrade right now, and i'm not selling unless i'm going to immediately replace it

I understand. Thanks for getting back to me

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:22 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

tragabigzanda wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:

We've talked about it in the podcast thread a bit, but I'm a weird dinosaur when it comes to podcasts--I much, much prefer downloading podcasts than streaming them. Unless an app has a feature that allows you to build multiple playlists, it's a no-go for me.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:23 pm 
The Master

Simple Torture wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:

We've talked about it in the podcast thread a bit, but I'm a weird dinosaur when it comes to podcasts--I much, much prefer downloading podcasts than streaming them. Unless an app has a feature that allows you to build multiple playlists, it's a no-go for me.

You can download them in Downcast, but you can't customize your own playlist yet (though he says it's up for V3)

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:43 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

tragabigzanda wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:

You can download them in Downcast, but you can't customize your own playlist yet (though he says it's up for V3)

I took a look, and it's iPhone only wah wah wah

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:48 pm 
The Master

Simple Torture wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:

:roll:

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 3:16 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

tragabigzanda wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:

I have a custom playlist that curates itself: they play in order of release and it always adds the newest episodes automatically. That alone is what keeps me from moving on while this wait for 3.0 keeps going.

Simple Torture wrote:

Well, there is that.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 2:15 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

I loaded up my 2 256 GB SD cards last night. Installed them and formatted right through the x5. (Awesome)

Downloaded dbpoweramp to tag files.

This thing is starting to get my rocks off. I love it.

My next step is to figure out if I can adjust volume equally across my entire catalog.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:50 pm 
Poster of the Year

Teeeeeekay wrote:
I loaded up my 2 256 GB SD cards last night. Installed them and formatted right through the x5. (Awesome)

Downloaded dbpoweramp to tag files.

This thing is starting to get my rocks off. I love it.

My next step is to figure out if I can adjust volume equally across my entire catalog.

8-)

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 4:18 pm 
Broken Tamborine

I just got a fiio x3 II, any recommendations for headphones it will push? I have Grado SR 80s, which I think sound pretty good with my laptop but were underwhelming with the x3. Right now I'm using Bullex ear buds which aren't bad. I don't care if they are new or used but I'm trying not to spend more than $60.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 5:45 pm 
Poster of the Year

I use these. https://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-II-Pr ... B001EZYMF4

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 10:51 pm 
Broken Tamborine

Thanks for the rec

PostPosted: Tue June 20, 2017 4:11 am 

CHUD,

Do you have problems with your album art displaying? The first thing I do when I download anything is embed every song on the album with art and proper tags through dbpoweramp. Then load it to the fiio.

In pure music mode I have had all of it show up, then slowly disappear over time until none of the art shows up. 8,000+ songs.

Any other android app music players you use/prefer?

PostPosted: Tue June 20, 2017 10:17 pm 
Poster of the Year

Are you using the second or third generation x5?

I don't really pay too much attention to the album art before loading the songs onto the device, because I don't really care that much about it. So sometimes it shows up and other times it doesn't, but I assume that's because many of the albums I have are missing the artwork, not because the device is mishandling it.

PostPosted: Tue June 20, 2017 10:28 pm 

III Gen.

I actually found a letter to users that said it's a big problem that they are trying to fix. Apparently they use different file types and most of their album art is sepereate files contained in the album folder.

Would have been nice to know this when I started.

PostPosted: Tue June 20, 2017 11:52 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

cutuphalfdead wrote:
I don't really pay too much attention to the album art before loading the songs onto the device, because I don't really care that much about it. So sometimes it shows up and other times it doesn't, but I assume that's because many of the albums I have are missing the artwork, not because the device is mishandling it.

You're a fucking monster.

PostPosted: Tue June 20, 2017 11:53 pm 
Poster of the Year

Simple Torture wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

You're a fucking monster.

I'm sorry, I don't spend a lot of time staring at the 1.5x1.5 inch screen while the music is playing.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands