The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 348 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: HBO: Silicon Valley
PostPosted: Fri June 09, 2017 10:51 am 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

Mecca wrote:

Ed Chambers, however, would lay a hurt on those insulters.

PostPosted: Sat June 10, 2017 8:48 pm 
Major Dude

The monkey with the robot arm is the funniest thing I've ever seen.

PostPosted: Sat June 10, 2017 10:43 pm 
RM Elitist

EJ wrote:
Mecca wrote:

I was very disappointed in how little of Ed Chambers we got.

PostPosted: Sun June 11, 2017 1:26 am 
slower than 82% of US

@SkitchP wrote:
EJ wrote:
Mecca wrote:

I was very disappointed in how little of Ed Chambers we got.

he deserved to get fired

PostPosted: Wed June 14, 2017 2:21 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

The second half of this season has blown the first half out of the water.

PostPosted: Fri June 16, 2017 3:55 am 
Looks Like a Cat

Catching up on the last three weeks. Russ pulling up in his sports car while blaring "I Alone" was a short, sweet and kind of perfect little joke.

PostPosted: Fri June 16, 2017 4:59 pm 
slower than 82% of US

washing machine wrote:
Catching up on the last three weeks. Russ pulling up in his sports car while blaring "I Alone" was a short, sweet and kind of perfect little joke.

You think his car has streaming radio?

PostPosted: Fri June 16, 2017 7:08 pm 
Production Police

So is Haley Joel Osment's character just being set up to fill the Erhlich void?

PostPosted: Fri June 16, 2017 9:28 pm 
Major Dude

I just realized this series has a character named Richard and one named Bachman. Richard Bachman.

PostPosted: Sat June 17, 2017 12:41 pm 
Major Dude

tragabigzanda wrote:
So is Haley Joel Osment's character just being set up to fill the Erhlich void?

It doesn't seem so to me. I don't see how we'll see much more of him since he sold out to Hooli.

PostPosted: Mon June 19, 2017 12:43 am 
slower than 82% of US

i hope TJ Miller isnt leavin Silicon Valley for his stand up career cuz that special wasn't that good

PostPosted: Tue June 20, 2017 4:17 am 
The Master

PSA: zach woods (jared) is a top notch talk show guest. #youtube

PostPosted: Tue June 20, 2017 4:18 am 
The Master

PostPosted: Mon June 26, 2017 4:52 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

Quote:
About a month ago, HBO revealed that while its hit show “Silicon Valley” will be returning for another season, one of its foremost stars, T.J. Miller, will not.

The news caused a mild uproar among the show’s dedicated fan base and led to questions about why Miller would not be coming back.

In a lengthy new interview with The Hollywood Reporter, Miller gives more than a few reasons. While the comedian had kind words to say about many people on the show ― and said he felt he was leaving the show “at its height” to let other characters grow ― he also made it clear he thought “Silicon Valley” had some problems.

“I just thought that what the show has suffered from, what’s bad about it, is that Richard is the CEO and then he isn’t but then he finds his way back to be CEO, and then once he finds his way back to being the CEO he says he doesn’t want to be the CEO, and it’s just the same thing over and over,” Miller said.

He added: “And even my father when I told him that I was leaving was like, ‘Yeah, we watched three or four episodes in a row and it’s kind of one-note. I think it’s a good idea [to leave].’ So I had the perfect father-son moment with him going, “Yeah, it’s starting to kind of suck. It’s a little stale. You’re becoming a bit hack.”

T.J. Miller (right) has given fans more than a few reasons why he decided to leave “Silicon Valley.”
Miller clearly adores many of the other actors on the show, especially Zach Woods (Jared) and Jimmy O. Yang (Jian-Yang). But Miller also took some parting shots on his way out, saying things like, “I don’t like [‘Silicon Valley’ executive producer] Alec [Berg].”

“He went to Harvard, and we all know those kids are f**king idiots. That Crimson trash. Those comedy writers in Hollywood are f**king Harvard graduates and that’s why they’re smug as a bug,” Miller said.

Perhaps even more notably, Miller revealed some quiet tension with the show’s star, Thomas Middleditch, who plays Pied Piper CEO Richard Hendricks. When the reporter asked how the cast members responded to his departure, Miller began, “This is where the publicist is supposed to step in and go, ‘Next question.’”

He said that Woods, Kumail Nanjiani (Dinesh) and Martin Starr (Gilfoyle) all took the news well. But Miller didn’t mention Middleditch until later, when he said, “A very good article was written that says that Erlich in the show is just this constant annoyance to Richard ... And I think in some ways, that is analogous to real life.”

“We [Miller and Middleditch] have a contrarian relationship, like a big brother-little brother relationship. And this is also an opportunity for me to be like, ‘Let me just step off, dude. Like, just do your f**king thing. You’re amazing.’”

Anyway, if you’re hoping that Miller will ever return for a cameo, the answer certainly sounds like “no.”

“I will never be on ‘Silicon Valley’ again,” he said. “That character, as you have seen, disappeared into the ether.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tj- ... mg00000313

Kinda sucks to hear TJ complaining about the show.

PostPosted: Mon June 26, 2017 5:23 pm 
Production Police

EJ wrote:
Quote:
About a month ago, HBO revealed that while its hit show “Silicon Valley” will be returning for another season, one of its foremost stars, T.J. Miller, will not.

The news caused a mild uproar among the show’s dedicated fan base and led to questions about why Miller would not be coming back.

In a lengthy new interview with The Hollywood Reporter, Miller gives more than a few reasons. While the comedian had kind words to say about many people on the show ― and said he felt he was leaving the show “at its height” to let other characters grow ― he also made it clear he thought “Silicon Valley” had some problems.

“I just thought that what the show has suffered from, what’s bad about it, is that Richard is the CEO and then he isn’t but then he finds his way back to be CEO, and then once he finds his way back to being the CEO he says he doesn’t want to be the CEO, and it’s just the same thing over and over,” Miller said.

He added: “And even my father when I told him that I was leaving was like, ‘Yeah, we watched three or four episodes in a row and it’s kind of one-note. I think it’s a good idea [to leave].’ So I had the perfect father-son moment with him going, “Yeah, it’s starting to kind of suck. It’s a little stale. You’re becoming a bit hack.”

T.J. Miller (right) has given fans more than a few reasons why he decided to leave “Silicon Valley.”
Miller clearly adores many of the other actors on the show, especially Zach Woods (Jared) and Jimmy O. Yang (Jian-Yang). But Miller also took some parting shots on his way out, saying things like, “I don’t like [‘Silicon Valley’ executive producer] Alec [Berg].”

“He went to Harvard, and we all know those kids are f**king idiots. That Crimson trash. Those comedy writers in Hollywood are f**king Harvard graduates and that’s why they’re smug as a bug,” Miller said.

Perhaps even more notably, Miller revealed some quiet tension with the show’s star, Thomas Middleditch, who plays Pied Piper CEO Richard Hendricks. When the reporter asked how the cast members responded to his departure, Miller began, “This is where the publicist is supposed to step in and go, ‘Next question.’”

He said that Woods, Kumail Nanjiani (Dinesh) and Martin Starr (Gilfoyle) all took the news well. But Miller didn’t mention Middleditch until later, when he said, “A very good article was written that says that Erlich in the show is just this constant annoyance to Richard ... And I think in some ways, that is analogous to real life.”

“We [Miller and Middleditch] have a contrarian relationship, like a big brother-little brother relationship. And this is also an opportunity for me to be like, ‘Let me just step off, dude. Like, just do your f**king thing. You’re amazing.’”

Anyway, if you’re hoping that Miller will ever return for a cameo, the answer certainly sounds like “no.”

“I will never be on ‘Silicon Valley’ again,” he said. “That character, as you have seen, disappeared into the ether.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tj- ... mg00000313

Kinda sucks to hear TJ complaining about the show.

I've consumed a bit of TJ lately outside of the Silicon Valley world -- podcast interviews, Youtube standup sets, and his new special on HBO. I think he's one of those rare artists who genuinely doesn't give a fuck; he does it for his own amusement, his own idea of what's funny. Which doesn't make his comedy any better. But I'd wager he gave that interview and then immediately didn't care about any fallout.

PostPosted: Mon June 26, 2017 11:56 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

Let's be honest: TJ Miller is funny, but he's kind of one-note. This show doesn't need him and will be better off without him. Good riddance

PostPosted: Thu June 29, 2017 12:02 pm 
TIER 1 Essential Critical Infrastructure Worker

Well played circle back in the finale to what seemed like a midseason one episode gag.
Liked the read on the TJ Miller article. I did like his character on the show but he was rarely key to any of the plotlines. And I can see how if you didn't particularly like TJ's schtick how that could annoy someone on a daily basis.

PostPosted: Thu April 05, 2018 10:26 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

I appreciate the little moment in the animated title sequence when the Facebook logo glitches into Cyrillic for a second. Also, this show is back, guys. It is funny as ever

PostPosted: Thu April 05, 2018 10:34 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

The Argonaut wrote:
I appreciate the little moment in the animated title sequence when the Facebook logo glitches into Cyrillic for a second. Also, this show is back, guys. It is funny as ever

This current Jian Yang arc is a better usage of the Erlich character than anything TJ Miller would have brought to the season. Addition by subtraction for sure.

PostPosted: Sun April 08, 2018 8:42 pm 
Major Dude

I had no idea this started back already.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 348 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment