The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 620 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Sun June 18, 2017 3:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 12:41 pm
Posts: 3723
FYI i come cheap

_________________
Chris_H_2 wrote:
...i really think i pissed myself.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Sun June 18, 2017 3:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 55153
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Peeps wrote:
FYI i come cheap

:naughty:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Sun June 18, 2017 11:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 30870
Location: Mountains
Just sent my dad some Darlington County love on the guitar for his Fathers Day message.

Then i put on Born in the USA

Guys, this album STARTS with Born in the USA. What an album opener. Geezes.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Sat July 22, 2017 7:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 8:02 pm
Posts: 359
I didn't know this was officially released. Does anyone have it - how's the sound quality? I've only heard the bootlegs.

http://live.brucespringsteen.net/live-m ... es-CA.html


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Sat July 22, 2017 7:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed February 06, 2013 2:47 am
Posts: 17375
Location: Hunter
contamination wrote:
I didn't know this was officially released. Does anyone have it - how's the sound quality? I've only heard the bootlegs.

http://live.brucespringsteen.net/live-m ... es-CA.html

KD got it from memory. It's the only archive recent release I'm yet to get.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Sat July 22, 2017 8:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 8:02 pm
Posts: 359
LetMeSleep wrote:
contamination wrote:
I didn't know this was officially released. Does anyone have it - how's the sound quality? I've only heard the bootlegs.

http://live.brucespringsteen.net/live-m ... es-CA.html

KD got it from memory. It's the only archive recent release I'm yet to get.


I actually just realized you can listen 30 seconds of each song on the website. It sounds really good, perhaps I should get it...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Mon July 24, 2017 7:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar
A Return To Form
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:20 pm
Posts: 184
Location: Earth
I've been finally digging deeper into Springsteen's catalog. What is a logical listening order? I've played Born to Run, Born in the USA and Darkness on the Edge of Town to death (and love them). I'm also familiar with Nebraska and The River but not as much. Outside of those albums I only really know the big radio hits. Oh yeah, I've listened to Live 75-85 a million times too. I've always thought the general consensus was that anything after Tunnel of Love just wasn't good so I stopped paying attention. I did catch him on the Human Touch/Lucky Town tour way back when...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Mon July 24, 2017 7:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Mon July 08, 2013 10:39 am
Posts: 362
j's brain wrote:
I've been finally digging deeper into Springsteen's catalog. What is a logical listening order? I've played Born to Run, Born in the USA and Darkness on the Edge of Town to death (and love them). I'm also familiar with Nebraska and The River but not as much. Outside of those albums I only really know the big radio hits. Oh yeah, I've listened to Live 75-85 a million times too. I've always thought the general consensus was that anything after Tunnel of Love just wasn't good so I stopped paying attention. I did catch him on the Human Touch/Lucky Town tour way back when...


Anything from the 70s and 80s is gold.

Post Tunnel of Love: The Rising, Seeger Sessions and Magic are all great (Magic especially). He had kind of an amazing career renaissance from 2002 to 2007. Ghost Of Tom Joad is also good but a difficult listen. Tracks is a 4-disc collection of outtakes spanning his career so check that out too.

Check out his live stuff too. In the last few years he's begun an archive series so we're getting amazing live shows from the 70s and 80s in great quality. Plus there are a shit ton of bootlegs (Winterland 78 and Stockholm 88 are my favourite).

_________________
"A man who doesn't spend time with the Jamily can never be a real man," - Don Corelone


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Mon July 24, 2017 10:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 9956
Location: Mizzou
lecherouslittlestump wrote:
j's brain wrote:
I've been finally digging deeper into Springsteen's catalog. What is a logical listening order? I've played Born to Run, Born in the USA and Darkness on the Edge of Town to death (and love them). I'm also familiar with Nebraska and The River but not as much. Outside of those albums I only really know the big radio hits. Oh yeah, I've listened to Live 75-85 a million times too. I've always thought the general consensus was that anything after Tunnel of Love just wasn't good so I stopped paying attention. I did catch him on the Human Touch/Lucky Town tour way back when...


Anything from the 70s and 80s is gold.

Post Tunnel of Love: The Rising, Seeger Sessions and Magic are all great (Magic especially). He had kind of an amazing career renaissance from 2002 to 2007. Ghost Of Tom Joad is also good but a difficult listen. Tracks is a 4-disc collection of outtakes spanning his career so check that out too.

Check out his live stuff too. In the last few years he's begun an archive series so we're getting amazing live shows from the 70s and 80s in great quality. Plus there are a shit ton of bootlegs (Winterland 78 and Stockholm 88 are my favourite).


Great advice. I think Wrecking Ball is worth checking out too. Some good tunes/them on that one.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Wed August 09, 2017 4:32 pm 
Offline
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 Profile

Joined: Sun January 06, 2013 6:05 pm
Posts: 67
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/bruce-springsteen-announces-eight-week-broadway-residency-w496729

Preregistration through TM's fan verified system has now opened.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Wed August 09, 2017 4:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 9956
Location: Mizzou
Stardog Champion wrote:


Cool it is through the verified fan site. Intrigued by format.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Thu August 10, 2017 3:38 am 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed February 06, 2013 2:47 am
Posts: 17375
Location: Hunter
Joey - you need to do this for the rest of us.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Sat August 12, 2017 8:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Sat August 24, 2013 2:33 pm
Posts: 2455
Location: Baltic Sea, Germany
I think Born In The U.S.A. is my favorite Springsteen album. This album is pure Pop Rock perfection. Every single song on here could be a hit single.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Sun August 13, 2017 3:54 am 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 9956
Location: Mizzou
Mike wrote:
I think Born In The U.S.A. is my favorite Springsteen album. This album is pure Pop Rock perfection. Every single song on here could be a hit single.


Most of them were.

It's a great pop album, no doubt, but the lyrics are also terrific.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Sun August 13, 2017 3:56 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 31322
Location: this field intentionally left blank
It's my favorite also.

_________________
Kevin Davis wrote:
Bullshit, I am delightful.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Sun August 13, 2017 4:12 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 30870
Location: Mountains
IT sounds fucking fantastic too.

I grew up on Born in the USA and i think i would call it my favorite as well. The only song i used to dislike was Cover Me but these days even that goes down smoothly


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Sun August 20, 2017 11:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Mon July 08, 2013 10:39 am
Posts: 362
so are we in agreement that the boss has sucked since 2007? still a great live performer but between the reissues and the broadway show and the greatest hits tour...bruce used to be the guy you pointed to as an example of an older performer who was still releasing relevant quality work. not so much now.

he really needs to release a killer album. wrecking ball was decent, but his last great one was Magic.

_________________
"A man who doesn't spend time with the Jamily can never be a real man," - Don Corelone


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Mon August 21, 2017 12:18 am 
Offline
User avatar
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 4:46 pm
Posts: 691
What's wrong with the Broadway show? Pretty cool I think.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Mon August 21, 2017 10:30 am 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 9956
Location: Mizzou
lecherouslittlestump wrote:
so are we in agreement that the boss has sucked since 2007? still a great live performer but between the reissues and the broadway show and the greatest hits tour...bruce used to be the guy you pointed to as an example of an older performer who was still releasing relevant quality work. not so much now.

he really needs to release a killer album. wrecking ball was decent, but his last great one was Magic.


I think sucked is a very strong word for his last ten years.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Mon August 21, 2017 12:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Sun January 06, 2013 4:25 am
Posts: 338
Monkey_Driven wrote:
lecherouslittlestump wrote:
so are we in agreement that the boss has sucked since 2007? still a great live performer but between the reissues and the broadway show and the greatest hits tour...bruce used to be the guy you pointed to as an example of an older performer who was still releasing relevant quality work. not so much now.

he really needs to release a killer album. wrecking ball was decent, but his last great one was Magic.


I think sucked is a very strong word for his last ten years.


Agreed. Nothing he's put out in the last 10 years matches Magic, but i'd hardly say he sucks.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 620 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sat November 25, 2017 1:37 am