The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2685 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 ... 135  Next
 Post subject: Re: The War on Terror /Central Asia/Mid East/Africa thread
PostPosted: Sun June 04, 2017 1:38 am 
The Master

tragabigzanda wrote:
Strat wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
Strat wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
well I mean besides running down people in a van or blowing up 12 year old girls.

but it's like the third worst thing.

im assuming you have the solution!

It's not like there aren't solutions, Strat - they're just not pretty.

Just wait until they confirm, as is almost always the case, that the perpetrators of this incident were "known to authorities".

I agree with you but my point is nothing we do will stop this from happening. Its a new way of life. Im not saying dont do anything but....

Its whack a mole.

Lot less moles in our cozy little ski towns, amirite?

I think i have a new mole on my belly that i need to get checked out :(

PostPosted: Sun June 04, 2017 1:39 am 
The Master

Strat wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Strat wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
Strat wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
well I mean besides running down people in a van or blowing up 12 year old girls.

but it's like the third worst thing.

im assuming you have the solution!

It's not like there aren't solutions, Strat - they're just not pretty.

Just wait until they confirm, as is almost always the case, that the perpetrators of this incident were "known to authorities".

I agree with you but my point is nothing we do will stop this from happening. Its a new way of life. Im not saying dont do anything but....

Its whack a mole.

Lot less moles in our cozy little ski towns, amirite?

I think i have a new mole on my belly that i need to get checked out :(

Also our biggest problem here is white dudes who think they can grow a city's worth of weed because its "legal" here and have nothing short of a military level worth of firearms.

PostPosted: Sun June 04, 2017 1:42 am 
"Supersonic sucks."

Strat wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
Piss poor US and U.K. Foreign policy coming back to bite them.

What a comfort this must be to the families of those young girls killed in Manchester last week and those killed in London just now.

Dime has made lots of posts caring and being scared for everyone involved. . he has friends and family there.

He's not wrong with the above post either.

He is wrong, though. Most of these crazed Islamic dickheads probably couldn't find Syria on a map, they were born and raised in London or Paris or wherever else. It's a cowardly, defeatist position to think this would all stop if we would only leave the Middle East alone.

This isn't our fault and this shouldn't be acceptable to any reasonable person.

PostPosted: Sun June 04, 2017 1:46 am 
The Master

Birds in Hell wrote:
Strat wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

What a comfort this must be to the families of those young girls killed in Manchester last week and those killed in London just now.

Dime has made lots of posts caring and being scared for everyone involved. . he has friends and family there.

He is wrong, though. Most of these crazed Islamic dickheads probably couldn't find Syria on a map, they were born and raised in London or Paris or wherever else. It's a cowardly, defeatist position to think this would all stop if we would only leave the Middle East alone.

wut

PostPosted: Sun June 04, 2017 1:48 am 
The Master

Birds in Hell wrote:
Strat wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

Most of these crazed dickheads travel to syria and the middle east and that is why" that the perpetrators of this incident were "known to authorities".

As you stated. Dont be so naive

PostPosted: Sun June 04, 2017 1:50 am 
The Master

And no it wouldnt stop if we left the middle east alone. We've already done enough damage over the last 40 years but it is absolutely partly our fault, along with thousands of years of religious bullshit.

PostPosted: Sun June 04, 2017 1:52 am 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

One thing's for sure, though: I had nothing to do with this

PostPosted: Sun June 04, 2017 1:52 am 
The Master

theplatypus wrote:
One thing's for sure, though: I had nothing to do with this

You are rich. Its always the fault of the rich. Of course you had something to do with it!

PostPosted: Sun June 04, 2017 3:26 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

If the early death count is accurate, then these guys were shockingly incompetent at murdering people.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Sun June 04, 2017 1:29 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Birds in Hell wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

Yeah... I would propose that maybe in these cases when someone screams the modern Islamist battle cry as they are blowing up kids with nail bombs or mowing down tourists on a bridge or shooting up political cartoonists they don't necessarily mean "because of the failure of the host culture to integrate and support mine and after an exhaustive review of the historical, economic, and sociopolitical consequences of the violent conflict between Western powers and the Islamic peoples of the middle east and conversations with spiritual and community leaders, I have come to the conclusion that I have no other choice to make my dissatisfaction with past and present policy known". They might just mean "Allahu Akbar".

PostPosted: Sun June 04, 2017 3:43 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

ITS A TRAP!

PostPosted: Sun June 04, 2017 8:34 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Did they arrest Jorge yet?

PostPosted: Sun June 04, 2017 8:41 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Bi_3 wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

Yeah... I would propose that maybe in these cases when someone screams the modern Islamist battle cry as they are blowing up kids with nail bombs or mowing down tourists on a bridge or shooting up political cartoonists they don't necessarily mean "because of the failure of the host culture to integrate and support mine and after an exhaustive review of the historical, economic, and sociopolitical consequences of the violent conflict between Western powers and the Islamic peoples of the middle east and conversations with spiritual and community leaders, I have come to the conclusion that I have no other choice to make my dissatisfaction with past and present policy known". They might just mean "Allahu Akbar".

You mean when a rural laborer says "Because of the failure of the host culture to integrate and support mine and after an exhaustive review of the historical, economic, and sociopolitical consequences of immigration between poorer and wealthier nations, and conversations with spiritual and community leaders, I have come to the conclusion that I have no other choice to make my dissatisfaction with past and present policy known," they might just mean "Fuck Mexicans?"

PostPosted: Sun June 04, 2017 8:57 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

We have to stand up against terrorism and attempted genocide no matter where it happens. Saying that we shouldn't because of terrorist attacks, is letting them win. IS has to be stopped, and we should not let dictators kill millions freely either.

Stopping all terrorist attacks may not be possible, but there has to be a tougher crackdown on extremist environments. How often hasn't the terrorist been known to the police?

PostPosted: Sun June 04, 2017 9:19 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

McParadigm wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

You mean when a rural laborer says "Because of the failure of the host culture to integrate and support mine and after an exhaustive review of the historical, economic, and sociopolitical consequences of immigration between poorer and wealthier nations, and conversations with spiritual and community leaders, I have come to the conclusion that I have no other choice to make my dissatisfaction with past and present policy known," they might just mean "Fuck Mexicans?"

To be fair, the number of Shakira concerts that have ended with a rural laborer shredding an eight year old Mexican girl via explosive nail bomb is well... lower... but, yes.

PostPosted: Sun June 04, 2017 9:31 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Bi_3 wrote:
McParadigm wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

To be fair, the number of Shakira concerts that have ended with a rural laborer shredding an eight year old Mexican girl via explosive nail bomb is well... lower... but, yes.

Well we do spend a lot less time bombing the Plains states. In fact, with the obsession we have with rural voters in America, and the influence that America's policies have worldwide, the collective voice of rural America is among the most disproportionately empowered voices on earth...and they're still mad all the time.

PostPosted: Sun June 04, 2017 9:56 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

McParadigm wrote:
Well we do spend a lot less time bombing the Plains states. In fact, with the obsession we have with rural voters in America, and the influence that America's policies have worldwide, the collective voice of rural America is among the most disproportionately empowered voices on earth...and they're still mad all the time.

That is quite true. The power of swing states in the US to cause often unnecessary violence globally is problematic. But I don't want to argue with you man, I respect your opinions here and have learned from your posts. That post was just my jerky way of saying that projecting our western liberal ethos and moral systems on other cultures isn't always going to yield good results. Sometimes people actually are religiously motivated psychopaths and when they express exactly that during their violent actions, we should consider taking them at their word rather than trying to work backwards how we would get to that point and assuming they would think/act the same.

PostPosted: Sun June 04, 2017 10:03 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Bi_3 wrote:
McParadigm wrote:

That is quite true. The power of swing states in the US to cause often unnecessary violence globally is problematic. But I don't want to argue with you man, I respect your opinions here and have learned from your posts. That post was just my jerky way of saying that projecting our western liberal ethos and moral systems on other cultures isn't always going to yield good results. Sometimes people actually are religiously motivated psychopaths and when they express exactly that during their violent actions, we should consider taking them at their word rather than trying to work backwards how we would get to that point and assuming they would think/act the same.

I agree. I think your point was absolutely true about most individuals. Societal issues are almost universally complex, but most actors within them tend to be less so.

PostPosted: Sun June 04, 2017 10:44 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Phrasing

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Mon June 05, 2017 12:43 am 
"Supersonic sucks."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2685 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 ... 135  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate