The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1890 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 95  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 11:00 pm 
The Master

Terry's Song :waah:

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 6:55 pm 
Rank This Poster

01. Greetings from Asbury Park, NJ
02. Darkness on the Edge of Town
03. Born to Run
04. Magic
05. The Rising
06. Nebraska
07. Born in the USA
08. The Wild, The Innocent & The E Street Shuffle
09. Tunnel of Love
10. Wrecking Ball

Unranked:
Human Touch
Lucky Town
The Ghost of Tom Joad
Devils & Dust
Working on a Dream
High Hopes

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 6:58 pm 
The Master

Born in the USA
Born to Run
Darkness on the Edge of Town
Nebraska
Greetings from Asbury Park, NJ
The Rising
Magic
The River
Working on a Dream
Human Touch
Tunnel of Love
The Wild, the Innocent, and the E Street Shuffle

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 7:12 pm 
Stone's Bitch

Darkness on the Edge of Town
Born to Run
Magic
Born in the USA
Nebraska
The Wild, the Innocent, and the E Street Shuffle
The River
Tunnel of Love
The Rising
Greetings from Asbury Park, NJ
Wrecking Ball
Working on a Dream
Lucky Town
Human Touch
High Hopes

PostPosted: Tue June 06, 2017 11:47 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

amazing version

PostPosted: Tue June 06, 2017 11:51 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

Peeps wrote:

amazing version

I nearly went to that show. He fucked up BtR just after that.

PostPosted: Tue June 06, 2017 11:54 pm 

Joey, this is what I saw.

PostPosted: Wed June 07, 2017 6:48 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

I don't think I feel comfortable ranking his albums considering I haven't heard them all, but I can definitely say the tournament gave me a whole new appreciation for The Boss.

My favorite albums to listen during the selection period were: The River, Nebraska and Magic. I also enjoyed the Seeger Sessions quite a bit but didn't think any would have worked in the tournament considering how many originals he has.

I vaguely remember 'The Rising' and recall liking quite a few songs from it though none made my team. Most that I liked were liked by y'all as well and were taken. My "Rising big board" was: Waiting On A Sunny Day, Counting On A Miracle, Empty Sky, Mary's Place, You're Missing, and The Rising. I would say the only real knock on the album for me was it's length, which oddly didn't bother me with The River.

Speaking of 'The River', it was a blast. I really didn't know what to expect but I don't think I was expecting such a fun album. Based on the cover I though it would be more somber, and sure, there are somber / downer tracks, but it's a fun album. Songs like "The Ties That Bind", "Sherry Darling" "Two Hearts", "Crush On You", "Cadillac Ranch", "I'm A Rocker" and "Ramrod" were all on my short list for songs to pick from the album. For the more mellow songs from it, I think I like "Point Blank" best which is on LVs team.

Anyway, I guess this could go here or in the tournament thread but the gist is just that Bruce is way better than I thought. Like I knew he was good and a legend, I just didn't think I would have ended up liking him so much.

PostPosted: Thu June 08, 2017 2:46 am 
The Master

darth_vedder wrote:
I don't think I feel comfortable ranking his albums considering I haven't heard them all, but I can definitely say the tournament gave me a whole new appreciation for The Boss.

My favorite albums to listen during the selection period were: The River, Nebraska and Magic. I also enjoyed the Seeger Sessions quite a bit but didn't think any would have worked in the tournament considering how many originals he has.

I vaguely remember 'The Rising' and recall liking quite a few songs from it though none made my team. Most that I liked were liked by y'all as well and were taken. My "Rising big board" was: Waiting On A Sunny Day, Counting On A Miracle, Empty Sky, Mary's Place, You're Missing, and The Rising. I would say the only real knock on the album for me was it's length, which oddly didn't bother me with The River.

Speaking of 'The River', it was a blast. I really didn't know what to expect but I don't think I was expecting such a fun album. Based on the cover I though it would be more somber, and sure, there are somber / downer tracks, but it's a fun album. Songs like "The Ties That Bind", "Sherry Darling" "Two Hearts", "Crush On You", "Cadillac Ranch", "I'm A Rocker" and "Ramrod" were all on my short list for songs to pick from the album. For the more mellow songs from it, I think I like "Point Blank" best which is on LVs team.

Anyway, I guess this could go here or in the tournament thread but the gist is just that Bruce is way better than I thought. Like I knew he was good and a legend, I just didn't think I would have ended up liking him so much.

Nice! His catalogue is much deeper and wider than a lot of people think.

Last edited by Monkey_Driven on Thu June 08, 2017 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu June 08, 2017 2:56 am 
Stone's Bitch

Monkey_Driven wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:

Nice! His catalogue is much deeper and wider than. A lot of people think.

Yeah I know for me growing up Bruce was synonymous with Born in the USA. I didn't get into Born to Run or Darkness until around college, so it took me a long time to accept him for more than just the screamy-faced guy in denim who always looked in between workout sessions.

PostPosted: Thu June 08, 2017 10:41 am 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

Consequence of Sound posted this article back in March where they made a single album from Lucky Town & Human Touch. It actually flows very well and makes the music much more palatable. They considered sounds, themes etc to make a logical album that tells a story and I think it's much better than two separate records with a lot of filler. Some songs are from Tracks, too.

As they said, there's a great album in there somewhere but it was surrounded by less than stellar work from Brucey baby.

https://consequenceofsound.net/2017/03/ ... ucky-town/

New tracklist:

1. Better Days
2. Over The Rise
3. The Long Goodbye
4. Sad Eyes
5. Lucky Town
6. Living Proof
7. Loose Change
8. If I Should Fall Behind
9. Human Touch

I added this to Spotify and gave it a listen; it sounds pretty good to me. Tempted to replace Better Days & Lucky Town with their MTV Unplugged versions which are far superior.

PostPosted: Thu June 08, 2017 11:26 am 
The Master

Needs Soul Driver

PostPosted: Thu June 08, 2017 1:12 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

evenslow wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:

Yeah I know for me growing up Bruce was synonymous with Born in the USA. I didn't get into Born to Run or Darkness until around college, so it took me a long time to accept him for more than just the screamy-faced guy in denim who always looked in between workout sessions.

What do you think of The River? To me, BITUSA seems like a logical extension of the album. Like Nebraska was the detour, then he brought back that mix of somber tunes and pop tunes back for BITUSA. Like "Ramrod" is great synth pop, as is "Glory Days", they could pretty much be on the same album.

PostPosted: Thu June 08, 2017 1:18 pm 
Stone's Bitch

darth_vedder wrote:
evenslow wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:

What do you think of The River? To me, BITUSA seems like a logical extension of the album. Like Nebraska was the detour, then he brought back that mix of somber tunes and pop tunes back for BITUSA. Like "Ramrod" is great synth pop, as is "Glory Days", they could pretty much be on the same album.

I like the River a lot and I agree that BITUSA has about half that DNA in it. The River has a lot more balls to it though whereas BITUSA stuff by and large is poppier with a little bit of twang thrown in.

PostPosted: Thu June 08, 2017 1:21 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

:thumbsup: I fucking LOVE 'The River'. I think it may be my favorite Bruce album of the ones I have.

PostPosted: Fri June 16, 2017 10:47 pm 
AnalLog

http://nypost.com/2017/06/16/bruce-springsteen-heads-to-broadway-this-fall/

These tickets will be like $2500 in the secondary market considering it will almost certainly be 2 ticket max w/ no physical ticket and credit card holder must enter show.

PostPosted: Fri June 16, 2017 10:50 pm 

It could be the new acoustic album he has ready too.

PostPosted: Fri June 16, 2017 11:37 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

He's playing Broadway later this year, apparently. Everyone is losing their goddamn minds.

PostPosted: Fri June 16, 2017 11:39 pm 

durdencommatyler wrote:
He's playing Broadway later this year, apparently. Everyone is losing their goddamn minds.

Hope you know someone connected to that theatre.

PostPosted: Fri June 16, 2017 11:44 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

LetMeSleep wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Hope you know someone connected to that theatre.

I'll be able to get a ticket if I want, I'm sure. But it won't be discounted. It won't come cheap.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1890 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 95  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands