The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: KEY ARENA RESIDENCY??
PostPosted: Thu April 13, 2017 8:44 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

bodysnatcher wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
digster wrote:
I'm a little surprised we don't see them pop up in smaller Seattle venues periodically, a la Live at the Showbox or that kind of thing. I suppose even back in the day, they mainly did that as warmups for bigger shows/tours.

Do they all still live in Seattle?

mostly. matt, stone and mike are full-time here (although i think mike spends a fair amount of time in LA). jeff seems to be here about a third of the year. and ed is about half and half.

PostPosted: Thu April 13, 2017 8:45 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

EJ wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
digster wrote:
I'm a little surprised we don't see them pop up in smaller Seattle venues periodically, a la Live at the Showbox or that kind of thing. I suppose even back in the day, they mainly did that as warmups for bigger shows/tours.

mostly. matt, stone and mike are full-time here (although i think mike spends a fair amount of time in LA). jeff seems to be here about a third of the year. and ed is about half and half.

nah, that's just what mike told me when we were out looking for records.

PostPosted: Thu April 13, 2017 8:50 pm 
known prankster

bodysnatcher wrote:
EJ wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
digster wrote:

PostPosted: Thu April 13, 2017 9:01 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

lecherouslittlestump wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
EJ wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
digster wrote:

damn straight, mf'er took my Beatles record

PostPosted: Thu April 13, 2017 10:58 pm 
Stone's Bitch

bodysnatcher wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
digster wrote:

I thought Ed had gotten rid of his stalker?

PostPosted: Thu April 13, 2017 11:01 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

Ed's kids must go to school somewhere, so I'd imagine he spends a lot more time in one place (probably Seattle, but that's just a presumption) than any other.

PostPosted: Thu April 13, 2017 11:18 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

evenslow wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
digster wrote:

I thought Ed had gotten rid of his stalker?

only temporarily

PostPosted: Fri April 14, 2017 12:51 am 
Major Dude

Birds in Hell wrote:
Ed's kids must go to school somewhere, so I'd imagine he spends a lot more time in one place (probably Seattle, but that's just a presumption) than any other.

I'd bet my left nut they're home schooled.

PostPosted: Fri April 14, 2017 2:22 am 
Stone's Bitch

Birds in Hell wrote:

I know he's got a place in Hawaii somewhere (Maui?) that he's at a lot.

PostPosted: Fri April 14, 2017 2:44 am 
mXn

EJ wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
digster wrote:

Jesus BS, what color panties is Jill wearing right now?

PostPosted: Fri April 14, 2017 5:26 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Bammer wrote:
EJ wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
digster wrote:

what panties

PostPosted: Fri April 14, 2017 5:29 am 
10Club Complaint Department

bodysnatcher wrote:
Bammer wrote:
EJ wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
digster wrote:

what panties

PostPosted: Fri April 14, 2017 12:43 pm 
mXn

PHATJ wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
Bammer wrote:
EJ wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
digster wrote:

what panties

I'm getting tired of holding this

PostPosted: Fri November 03, 2017 11:22 am 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

This got mentioned again by a developer. He's speaking as though it's confirmed, but I'm not sure that it is.

http://www.thestranger.com/slog/2017/11 ... na-remodel

PostPosted: Fri November 03, 2017 12:35 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

B wrote:
This got mentioned again by a developer. He's speaking as though it's confirmed, but I'm not sure that it is.

http://www.thestranger.com/slog/2017/11 ... na-remodel

How many shows a year does PJ play now? 30 at most over the last decade? What would that residency look like, once a month? I think it would be a great way to develop new material and just have fun with the music for a change, but yeah it's not very PRAMG.

PostPosted: Fri November 03, 2017 3:29 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Guys the key Arena discussion he been going on for almost 10 years now, and the furthest it's gotten is just more discussion. By the time this gets resolved, PJ will be in their 60s.

And that's considering the renovation of Key Arena goes smoothly and on time. Which it won't. Nothing in Seattle does. If it even gets to the point to renovation.. this will likely be held up in public debate and on ballots for years.

PostPosted: Fri November 03, 2017 3:33 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

bodysnatcher wrote:
Guys the key Arena discussion he been going on for almost 10 years now, and the furthest it's gotten is just more discussion. By the time this gets resolved, PJ will be in their 60s.

And that's considering the renovation of Key Arena goes smoothly and on time. Which it won't. Nothing in Seattle does.

yeah, I mean they had a decade almost to sort out the Sonics situation and keep them from leaving, then did nothing in that time and then bitched and complained when they left.

PostPosted: Fri November 03, 2017 3:37 pm 
AnalLog

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:

And that's considering the renovation of Key Arena goes smoothly and on time. Which it won't. Nothing in Seattle does.

yeah, I mean they had a decade almost to sort out the Sonics situation and keep them from leaving, then did nothing in that time and then bitched and complained when they left.

well at least we have a new album to look forward to in the meantime!

PostPosted: Fri November 03, 2017 5:07 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:

Par for the course

PostPosted: Fri November 03, 2017 11:06 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

at what point is PJ able to pull a bon jovi and lead an investor group for a seattle NBA franchise?

Spoiler: show
Tim Biermann as GM

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam