The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
PostPosted: Thu April 13, 2017 9:11 am 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 17237
The official Star Wars twitter account just dropped a minute-long video announcing Star Wars: Forces of Destiny. This appears to be a new 2D animated show that will be 2-3 minute adventures released on the Disney YouTube, according to StarWars.com. A two-part TV special will also air on Disney Channel in fall 2017. It will be highlighting multiple eras, showing Padme, Ahsoka, Leia, Jyn, and Rey among other characters in the video. [ 95 more words ]

http://makingstarwars.net/2017/04/star- ... ro-series/



_________________
"durdencommatyler-dimejinky: the Han Solo of RM."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
PostPosted: Thu April 13, 2017 11:35 am 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 43989
So the new animated series is just 2-3 minute shorts? Ugh.

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
PostPosted: Thu April 13, 2017 12:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 17237
Wasn't the original clone wars series the same format?

_________________
"durdencommatyler-dimejinky: the Han Solo of RM."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
PostPosted: Thu April 13, 2017 1:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
RM Elitist
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 8:43 pm
Posts: 13221
ugh. It looks like "chicks with droids."


I dont like this one bit.

_________________
dimejinky99 wrote:
Hang on I check on my Grindr


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
PostPosted: Thu April 13, 2017 2:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 8465
Location: Alive in the Superunknown
dimejinky99 wrote:
Wasn't the original clone wars series the same format?

Yep.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
PostPosted: Thu April 13, 2017 2:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 17237
wease wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
Wasn't the original clone wars series the same format?

Yep.


From little acorns great oaks grow :)

_________________
"durdencommatyler-dimejinky: the Han Solo of RM."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
PostPosted: Thu April 13, 2017 2:30 pm 
Offline
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 31, 2013 9:44 pm
Posts: 1535
Man, this is some bullshit.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
PostPosted: Thu April 13, 2017 2:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
RM Elitist
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 8:43 pm
Posts: 13221
You know who I blame?

dimejinky. He had gotten me so excited for this rumored new animated series.

_________________
dimejinky99 wrote:
Hang on I check on my Grindr


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
PostPosted: Thu April 13, 2017 2:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 43989
jwfocker wrote:
Man, this is some bullshit.

:lol:

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
PostPosted: Thu April 13, 2017 2:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar
RM Elitist
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 8:43 pm
Posts: 13221
the chopper appearance was the highlight of course.

_________________
dimejinky99 wrote:
Hang on I check on my Grindr


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
PostPosted: Thu April 13, 2017 2:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 43989
@SkitchP wrote:
the chopper appearance was the highlight of course.

If they are going to do short bits, it would be better if it was something like "Chopper being a dick".

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
PostPosted: Thu April 13, 2017 2:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar
RM Elitist
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 8:43 pm
Posts: 13221
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
@SkitchP wrote:
the chopper appearance was the highlight of course.

If they are going to do short bits, it would be better if it was something like "Chopper being a dick".



Exactly. Short bits should be focused on funny or minor characters. Even if these are canon I can't imagine they'll do anything of significance to advance the story.

_________________
dimejinky99 wrote:
Hang on I check on my Grindr


Top
 
 Post subject: Forces of Destiny
PostPosted: Tue June 27, 2017 11:52 pm 
Online
User avatar
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed July 03, 2013 11:21 pm
Posts: 13152
Location: Lft Craquepeau


More Star Wars, but this one is free via the Disney YouTube channel. Short stories showing the background stories of the female heroines of the saga.

Looks interesting. I kind of like the retro animation style.

_________________
Rangi Guy wrote:
So skating back to the train station after work today things went wrong.....now my skateboard is at the bottom of the harbour :(


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Forces of Destiny
PostPosted: Wed June 28, 2017 12:06 am 
Offline
User avatar
RM Elitist
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 8:43 pm
Posts: 13221
Why aren't Ahsoka's lightsabers white
Sabine tying directly into leia so clearly is interesting.
BB-8 Isn't even a top 2 droid

_________________
dimejinky99 wrote:
Hang on I check on my Grindr


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Forces of Destiny
PostPosted: Wed June 28, 2017 2:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 54257
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
@SkitchP wrote:
Why aren't Ahsoka's lightsabers white
Sabine tying directly into leia so clearly is interesting.
BB-8 Isn't even a top 2 droid

Because it takes place during The Clone Wars era before she got her white blades.
Aw-fucking-huh!
But it's top 5.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Forces of Destiny
PostPosted: Wed June 28, 2017 2:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 43989
Really surprised Skitch didn't figure that out about the light sabers

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Forces of Destiny
PostPosted: Wed June 28, 2017 2:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar
RM Elitist
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 8:43 pm
Posts: 13221
durdencommatyler wrote:
@SkitchP wrote:
Why aren't Ahsoka's lightsabers white
Sabine tying directly into leia so clearly is interesting.
BB-8 Isn't even a top 2 droid

Because it takes place during The Clone Wars era before she got her white blades.
Aw-fucking-huh!
But it's top 5.



but she looks fully grown there.
glad we agree
Now Im going to see where I put him in my droid rankings. I don't think I enjoyed K2SO as much as most.

_________________
dimejinky99 wrote:
Hang on I check on my Grindr


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Forces of Destiny
PostPosted: Wed June 28, 2017 2:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 54257
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Really surprised Skitch didn't figure that out about the light sabers

I know. I hope he's okay. It's pretty clear. I mean, she's even wearing her old Clone Wars clothes.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Forces of Destiny
PostPosted: Wed June 28, 2017 2:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 54257
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
@SkitchP wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
@SkitchP wrote:
Why aren't Ahsoka's lightsabers white
Sabine tying directly into leia so clearly is interesting.
BB-8 Isn't even a top 2 droid

Because it takes place during The Clone Wars era before she got her white blades.
Aw-fucking-huh!
But it's top 5.



but she looks fully grown there.
glad we agree
Now Im going to see where I put him in my droid rankings. I don't think I enjoyed K2SO as much as most.

I didn't like K2S0 very much, either. His death was shocking and super emotional for me, though.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Forces of Destiny
PostPosted: Wed June 28, 2017 9:58 pm 
Online
User avatar
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed July 03, 2013 11:21 pm
Posts: 13152
Location: Lft Craquepeau
durdencommatyler wrote:
@SkitchP wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
@SkitchP wrote:
Why aren't Ahsoka's lightsabers white
Sabine tying directly into leia so clearly is interesting.
BB-8 Isn't even a top 2 droid

Because it takes place during The Clone Wars era before she got her white blades.
Aw-fucking-huh!
But it's top 5.



but she looks fully grown there.
glad we agree
Now Im going to see where I put him in my droid rankings. I don't think I enjoyed K2SO as much as most.

I didn't like K2S0 very much, either. His death was shocking and super emotional for me, though.

More so than Han's?

_________________
Rangi Guy wrote:
So skating back to the train station after work today things went wrong.....now my skateboard is at the bottom of the harbour :(


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sat October 21, 2017 3:16 am