The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 530 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27  Next
 Post subject: TV: Lost
PostPosted: Sat January 12, 2013 7:26 pm 
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

That show was pretty good.

Post subject: Re: TV: Lost
PostPosted: Sat January 12, 2013 7:29 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

The best.

PostPosted: Sun January 13, 2013 6:01 am 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

You made it better, ensign. Those blog posts of yours breaking down every episode were tremendous. I feel bad for people watching the show for the first time now, since they won't get to experience that communal discussion and mystery and all the little layers.
I recently re-watched the show in its entirety. I was very impressed by how compelling it is just on a basic character level, putting aside all of the nerdy stuff. I hated the ending the first time around, probably mainly because I was disappointed that it was so disconnected from the island's mysteries and the first five seasons. But knowing what to expect allowed me to take it on its own terms, and I think it does actually work on the character level.
I still think too much time was wasted on the flash sideways. Also, the emotional power of the final island scene of jack in the bamboo was undercut by being intercut with the scene of happy jack and the others in the church. But I at least have a better respect for the ending.

PostPosted: Sun January 13, 2013 3:51 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

I miss this show, but for some reason, I don't feel like rewatching it.

PostPosted: Sun January 13, 2013 5:59 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

I feel like rewatching it every day. And I rewatched every previous episode before each new season aired (before S2 I rewatched S1, before S3 I rewatched S1 & S2, before S4 I rewatched S1 & S2 & S3, etc).

I've watched this show more than any other. I've seen every episode, at least, twice. Every day I think about watching it again.

Soon.

PostPosted: Mon January 14, 2013 2:05 am 
jeeeesus relax already

darth_vedder wrote:
I miss this show, but for some reason, I don't feel like rewatching it.

exactly! i miss it, and i love it, but there is no way ill be watching it again. Besides a lot of good things happened during this show and its just too painful to think about those times.

PostPosted: Mon January 14, 2013 3:00 pm 
The Master

durdencommatyler wrote:
I feel like rewatching it every day. And I rewatched every previous episode before each new season aired (before S2 I rewatched S1, before S3 I rewatched S1 & S2, before S4 I rewatched S1 & S2 & S3, etc).

I've watched this show more than any other. I've seen every episode, at least, twice. Every day I think about watching it again.

Soon.

I haven't seen an episode since the finale. I'd like to rewatch the whole series some summer or something.

PostPosted: Mon January 14, 2013 4:05 pm 
The Master

ive watched a couple marathons on G4. I miss this show. I miss the anticipation. Discussing it. Reading all about it. The losties: I miss them. Jack, Kate, Hurley, Sawyer, Locke etc... like old friends :\

Ho hum.

Love you,

Strat

PostPosted: Mon January 14, 2013 6:17 pm 
Future Drummer

The Argonaut wrote:
You made it better, ensign. Those blog posts of yours breaking down every episode were tremendous. I feel bad for people watching the show for the first time now, since they won't get to experience that communal discussion and mystery and all the little layers..

Very true. I loved reading Ensign's Lost blogging. His insights added to my enjoyment of the show.

PostPosted: Mon January 14, 2013 7:19 pm 
Broken Tamborine

i saw a rerun of an earlier hatch episode and thought, man what a sucker i was. each episode was great but the final payoff was terrible. kinda like the patriots winning every game then losing in the superbowl.

PostPosted: Mon July 14, 2014 2:10 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

The AV Club is doing this as one of their Classic reviews this summer, so I've started all over with Season 1. Besides some of the overacting in the pilot and some of the really heavy-handed metaphors, these early episodes hold up well. I'm sticking with just two per week, just like the reviews: http://www.avclub.com/tv/lost-classic/

Anyone else in?

PostPosted: Mon July 14, 2014 2:26 am 
The Master

I dont care if the end payoff wasn't what i had expected/hoped for. The journey was so incredible, and guys, thats what its all about. The journey.

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Mon July 14, 2014 5:35 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

:luv:

PostPosted: Mon July 14, 2014 9:43 pm 
Future Drummer

Simple Torture wrote:
The AV Club is doing this as one of their Classic reviews this summer, so I've started all over with Season 1. Besides some of the overacting in the pilot and some of the really heavy-handed metaphors, these early episodes hold up well. I'm sticking with just two per week, just like the reviews: http://www.avclub.com/tv/lost-classic/

Anyone else in?

Bro. This could be a thing. Lost is a little too recent for me to re-watch, but we could do an "RM Rewind" with The Wire or something a little older.

PostPosted: Mon July 14, 2014 9:44 pm 
RM Elitist

broken iris wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:

Anyone else in?

Bro. This could be a thing. Lost is a little too recent for me to re-watch, but we could do an "RM Rewind" with The Wire or something a little older.

Homicide!

PostPosted: Mon July 14, 2014 11:38 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

broken iris wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:

Anyone else in?

I was thinking that, too. Maybe something a little less, I dunno, "watched" on RM (it seems like people are always starting The Wire, including me [I'm in Season 4 for the 4th time right now]). Any ideas? What was that show? Homi...Homi...something?

PostPosted: Wed July 16, 2014 1:34 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Watching Episode 11, "All the Best Cowboys Have Daddy Issues," here's a running commentary (I spoiled it because I've seen the whole series and therefore there will definitely be spoilers):

Spoiler: show
--Ha! Loved Locke and Boone's conversation about "red shirts." Especially Locke's conclusion: "Sounds like a piss-poor captain." Great foreshadowing.

--Since I watched this first season so long ago, I don't really remember my reactions to many scenes/moments. But I remember distinctly my reaction when you first realize Ethan wasn't on the manifest: chills. For the first time, I realized there was something sinister about the island (the monster was just "monstrous" [really no sense of evil or intent behind it yet], and it's obvious that Rousseau is just crazy, not evil).

--It's weird that this is a Jack-centric episode, I think; or, at least, that the flashbacks are Jack-centric. I think most of the important on-island stuff surrounds Locke and Boone.

--Speaking of, I can't believe there's only one more Locke-centric episode after this one (for Season 1) and there's already been three Jacks. More Locke, please!

--Trying to remember if I thought Charlie was really dead towards the end of this episode...can't recall. But I bet this near-death made it almost seem like Charlie was "untouchable"...which makes it unfortunate that the end of "Through the Looking Glass" was spoiled for me :gomez:

--Edit: The Hatch...THE HATCH!

PostPosted: Fri July 18, 2014 5:53 pm 
mXn

Ensign's write ups were pivotal to my enjoyment/understanding of LOST.

Thanks again.

PostPosted: Fri July 18, 2014 6:58 pm 
Rank This Poster

the amount of mental gymnastics i've had to conduct to convince myself i can tolerate the ending of lost is akin to what most people on RM do regarding late-era Pearl Jam

PostPosted: Fri July 18, 2014 7:18 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

There was one thing that pissed me off about the ending but it's been so long now i can't remember. It wasn't the gripes anyone else had...

Did they ever explain what the "light" source was in the cave?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 530 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment