The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars

Post subject: Re: Q&A with Pablo Hidalgo
PostPosted: Fri March 24, 2017 2:27 pm 
Major Dude

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
ITT: Pablo now thinks back about wease as "that asshole on the cruise"

Luckily, I wasn't the only one there. Hopefully, he thinks I'm that long haired ponytail dude.

PostPosted: Fri March 24, 2017 3:03 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Just think how much everyone will love you when everything you said turns out to be right. You'll be a Star Wars Legend!

Though, wease, how did you speak to Pablo privately?

PostPosted: Fri March 24, 2017 3:18 pm 
Major Dude

durdencommatyler wrote:
Just think how much everyone will love you when everything you said turns out to be right. You'll be a Star Wars Legend!

It wasn't really private. He was shaking hands and snapping pics after the Q&A. When it came my turn, we chatted briefly about our ages and how cool all this would've been when we were kids, just general stuff like that. Then, I said something like "any hints on the timeline on the new cartoon?" And, with a chuckle, he replied "go to Celebration." There were about 15-20 other people around that could've heard it if any of them were listening to our conversation.

PostPosted: Fri March 24, 2017 3:22 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

wease wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

It wasn't really private. He was shaking hands and snapping pics after the Q&A. When it came my turn, we chatted briefly about our ages and how cool all this would've been when we were kids, just general stuff like that. Then, I said something like "any hints on the timeline on the new cartoon?" And, with a chuckle, he replied "go to Celebration." There were about 15-20 other people around that could've heard it if any of them were listening to our conversation.

Cool. That makes a lot more sense. You should write to the folks at starwarsnewsnet.com and give them more details, just to get out in front of the thing. Maybe you'll become a folk hero!

PostPosted: Fri March 24, 2017 3:29 pm 
Major Dude

durdencommatyler wrote:
wease wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Cool. That makes a lot more sense. You should write to the folks at starwarsnewsnet.com and give them more details, just to get out in front of the thing. Maybe you'll become a folk hero!

Eh, they didn't really dispute that point, so I'm not too worried about it.

PostPosted: Fri March 24, 2017 3:31 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

wease wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
wease wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

I just meant to comment on the whole thing. Send them a quick email saying that you're the guy who wrote the post. Explain the context (that it was for a message board and it wasn't a "report" or anything like that). Fully explain the whole context and then expand/clarify any of the individual points. You could also give a shout out to Pablo saying you didn't think this would blow up, apologize and thank him for taking time to do the panel.

PostPosted: Fri March 24, 2017 3:34 pm 
Major Dude

durdencommatyler wrote:
wease wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
wease wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

I just meant to comment on the whole thing. Send them a quick email saying that you're the guy who wrote the post. Explain the context (that it was for a message board and it wasn't a "report" or anything like that). Fully explain the whole context and then expand/clarify any of the individual points. You could also give a shout out to Pablo saying you didn't think this would blow up, apologize and thank him for taking time to do the panel.

Instead, I will hire you as my PR spokesman and let you do it.

PostPosted: Fri March 24, 2017 3:34 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

wease wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
wease wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
wease wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

IN!

PostPosted: Fri March 24, 2017 3:35 pm 
Major Dude

durdencommatyler wrote:
wease wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
wease wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
wease wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

IN!

Hop to it!

PostPosted: Fri March 24, 2017 3:51 pm 
Major Dude

In the original post, seventh sister should be replaced with Nightsisters. They rightfully called me out on that. Seventh Sister was on the cruise and I must've been confusing them in my post.

Joey, contact starwarsnews.net and let them know.

PostPosted: Fri March 24, 2017 3:52 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

wease wrote:
In the original post, seventh sister should be replaced with Nightsisters. They rightfully called me out on that. Seventh Sister was on the cruise and I must've been confusing them in my post.

Joey, contact starwarsnews.net and let them know.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Fri March 24, 2017 5:05 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

It didn't turn into a cluster fuck but I did have words with the guy who went to pablo about it

Apparently he's this self appointed internet police for Star Wars click bait.
If you're an outlet or even just someone like us posting something, he goes straight to pablo or whoever and then tweets about it saying it's bullshit.
In this instance he actually published the post, *then* went to pablo afterwards, which is sort of him breaking his own rules.

This was all on twitter. Here's my thing in reply to him. Him and SWNN both came back with replies if you wanna read the thread

And wease I'm sorry this went like this. I thought it was cool info and who doesn't like that? It didn't get all cluster fuck ugly and name cally though. Thankfully.

Last edited by dimejinky99 on Fri March 24, 2017 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri March 24, 2017 5:06 pm 
The Master

I keep wanting this thread to be a Q&A with David Hidalgo from Los Lobos.

PostPosted: Fri March 24, 2017 5:15 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

And by the way, the consensus on Pablos 'response' to the guys tweet about the post was 'yeah pablos after getting caught revealing too much almost And now is trying to wriggle out by ignoring it' so for what that's worth...

PostPosted: Fri March 24, 2017 8:29 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

tragabigzanda wrote:

Beyond here lies nothin'

PostPosted: Fri March 24, 2017 8:32 pm 
The Master

LetMeSleep wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

Beyond here lies nothin'

Wow, deep reference. Well done, LMS.

PostPosted: Fri March 24, 2017 9:03 pm 
Major Dude

tragabigzanda wrote:

What would you have wanted me to ask him?

PostPosted: Fri March 24, 2017 9:05 pm 
The Master

wease wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

Are they ever gonna make another Latin Playboys album?

PostPosted: Fri March 24, 2017 9:06 pm 
Major Dude

tragabigzanda wrote:
wease wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

Are they ever gonna make another Latin Playboys album?

He said no.

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars