The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Anti-Trump fascists attack in Berkeley
PostPosted: Tue March 07, 2017 2:50 am 
The Master

It's too bad the protestors didn't just kill the Trump supporters.

PostPosted: Tue March 07, 2017 2:51 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

Last edited by BurtReynolds on Tue March 07, 2023 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue March 07, 2017 2:51 am 
Poster of the Year

BurtReynolds wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Freedom of speech isn't freedom of platform. Milo can say what he wants, but if it's my venue I can tell him to go home.

The venue wanted him there.

Until the students said they didn't. And I'd consider the student body to be a part of the overall institution, or the venue.

The lunatics shouldn't run the asylum.

Now who's the authoritarian?

Yeah because I think dumbass students shouldn't have a say in who the school allows to talk, that makes me an authoritarian. They can protest peacefully outside if they want.

They are STUDENTS.

They're also adults. This is a college, not a middle school.

PostPosted: Tue March 07, 2017 2:52 am 
10Club Complaint Department

cutuphalfdead wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Oh, a meme. My bad.

Keep ignoring reality, it's really helping your cause.

Just because one douche burnt a sign doesn't mean I think Berkeley should have let a bigot incite a crowd with his rhetoric and put undocumented immigrants in their community in very real physical danger.

So your imagined physical danger of illegal immigrants is more important to you that the real physical attacks that these deranged antifa assholes did to elderly people, women, and others? Brilliant.

I don't know what you're talking about.

Then you aren't paying attention, and you haven't followed the story. Two words: pepper spray.

Whatever the protesters did doesn't change my point.

Nor does it change mine. You'd rather protect illegal immigrants from imaginary danger than protect American citizens from actual, active violence. Because xenophobia!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue March 07, 2017 2:54 am 
Poster of the Year

PHATJ wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Oh, a meme. My bad.

Just because one douche burnt a sign doesn't mean I think Berkeley should have let a bigot incite a crowd with his rhetoric and put undocumented immigrants in their community in very real physical danger.

So your imagined physical danger of illegal immigrants is more important to you that the real physical attacks that these deranged antifa assholes did to elderly people, women, and others? Brilliant.

Then you aren't paying attention, and you haven't followed the story. Two words: pepper spray.

Nor does it change mine. You'd rather protect illegal immigrants from imaginary danger than protect American citizens from actual, active violence. Because xenophobia!!!!!!!!!!!

What danger don't I want to protect American from now?

Off to spend time with the kids. Love you guys.

The Master

PHATJ wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
You're right, they should have just let him out those undocumented students after whipping the crowd up into an anti-immigrant fervor. It would have been safer that way.

It's not anti immigration, it's anti ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION. Why is this so hard for you goons to understand?

Yes, xenophobic assholes are always very careful to make this distinction.

Don't be retarded. I fully support legal immigrants, and I've literally never met anyone that doesn't. Illegal immigration hurts everyone, but it especially hurts the poor. Why do you hate the poor?

Illegal immigration does not hurt me. Not 1 bit.

PostPosted: Tue March 07, 2017 2:55 am 
Poster of the Year

Strat wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
You're right, they should have just let him out those undocumented students after whipping the crowd up into an anti-immigrant fervor. It would have been safer that way.

It's not anti immigration, it's anti ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION. Why is this so hard for you goons to understand?

Don't be retarded. I fully support legal immigrants, and I've literally never met anyone that doesn't. Illegal immigration hurts everyone, but it especially hurts the poor. Why do you hate the poor?

I'm sure some of them are good people.

PostPosted: Tue March 07, 2017 2:56 am 
Rank This Poster

cutuphalfdead wrote:
Freedom of speech isn't freedom of platform. Milo can say what he wants, but if it's my venue I can tell him to go home.

This happens often...people confuse "freedom of speech" with "freedom from any and all consequences or ramifications of speech." It's the same thing when someone's show gets cancelled because of boycotts and protests. If a business (or a school) decides the protests make the person not worth the trouble, their speech isn't inhibited if that show gets cancelled.

The Master

It's not "imaginary danger" to the minorities facing the violence, you fucking solipsistic jerk.

An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

Last edited by BurtReynolds on Tue March 07, 2023 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue March 07, 2017 2:57 am 
Poster of the Year

digster wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

This happens often...people confuse "freedom of speech" with "freedom from any and all consequences or ramifications of speech." It's the same thing when someone's show gets cancelled because of boycotts and protests. If a business (or a school) decides the protests make the person not worth the trouble, their speech isn't inhibited if that show gets cancelled.

mmhmmm

Poster of the Year

BurtReynolds wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

The venue wanted him there.

Until the students said they didn't. And I'd consider the student body to be a part of the overall institution, or the venue.

The lunatics shouldn't run the asylum.

Now who's the authoritarian?

Yeah because I think dumbass students shouldn't have a say in who the school allows to talk, that makes me an authoritarian. They can protest peacefully outside if they want.

They are STUDENTS.

They're also adults. This is a college, not a middle school.

So? It's moronic to allow students much say in what they are allowed to hear at a school.

That's how this ignorant safe space bullshit started in the first place.

Or it can be a judgment call. Maybe the school can listen to them, and then decide?

Last edited by BurtReynolds on Tue March 07, 2023 3:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue March 07, 2017 2:58 am 

Last edited by BurtReynolds on Tue March 07, 2023 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Strat wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

Check your privilege.

Rank This Poster

cutuphalfdead wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Oh, a meme. My bad.

What danger don't I want to protect American from now?

It's one or the other, chud. You can want to protect illegal immigrants from speakers trying to incite violence against them or you can condemn people who are committing violence. You can't do both.

PostPosted: Tue March 07, 2017 2:59 am 
The Master

BurtReynolds wrote:
digster wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

Except no one here is confusing those things here.

This kind of seems like what you are doing? confusing this?

Both sides have the right to free speech. Both sides exercised that right. 1 side "won" out because the college institution listened to its "constituents" who pay their fucking bills.

PostPosted: Tue March 07, 2017 2:59 am 
The Master

PHATJ wrote:
Strat wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

Check your privilege.

Illegal immigrants help run my fucking town, keep me in business, and keep the rich people happy on their 5th vacation home.

PostPosted: Tue March 07, 2017 3:00 am 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate