The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1299 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 65  Next
 Post subject: Re: X-men : Movies (and all other Mutant related things)
PostPosted: Sat February 25, 2017 4:19 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Patrick Stewart Retiring From X-Men Movies After Logan

PostPosted: Sat February 25, 2017 4:47 am 
Future Drummer

Completely agree. But if they reboot they better get it right this time.

PostPosted: Sat February 25, 2017 4:04 pm 
AnalLog

Stickman wrote:

Watched that interview too... Ian seemed a bit down that he isnt in the movie after hearing this is probably the last time for Hugh and Patrick.

PostPosted: Sat February 25, 2017 5:21 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

Watch the entire interview. Those guys .. I love their relationship. So funny.

PostPosted: Tue February 28, 2017 9:42 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

Are the avengers and guardians of the galaxy and xmen all in the same universe?
At the same time?

Why don't we see them all Buddy up and fight evil together?

PostPosted: Tue February 28, 2017 9:50 pm 
Major Dude

dimejinky99 wrote:
At the same time?

Not in the movies, they aren't.

GotG and Avengers are. Anything X is its own universe.

PostPosted: Tue February 28, 2017 11:10 pm 
AnalLog

dimejinky99 wrote:
At the same time?

its beyond complicated...

Fox got the rights to the X-men back in the 90s, and it literally saved Marvel (the comic book company) from going under.
Fox then got Fantastic 4, Dare Devil, and Electra, Sony got Spider-man, Universal got the Hulk... by this point Marvel was back on their feet and started to think about their own movies, then Disney bought up Marvel, Marvel Cinematic Universe took off from there. Fox has since lost the rights to Dare Devil and Electra (which is why theyre now in the Marvel Television Universe which is separate from the Movie Universe). Sony and Disney/Marvel worked out a deal to "share" Spider-man. Disney then told Marvel (not fully confirmed) to focus on their characters, which led to no X-men cartoons / toys for years, and a slow decline of the mutants in the comics. But, now it seems all sides are at least talking. Marvel is helping produce Legion (Xaviers son, on FX) and also helped produce Deadpool... and rumor is, an X-men cartoon MAY be in the works... That all said, no one really knows how these contracts are all set up, some characters are even shared by multiple universes (Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch) AND, Star Wars is also involved. Fox still has distribution rights to the original Star Wars movies. Disney would LOVE to get those, as Marvel would love to get the movie rights to the X-men, but Fox is making millions off of those two properties, why would they give them up?

That all said, its possible Marvel/Disney/Fox could work out another deal like they did with Sony and borrow a mutant here or there. Or do some sort of team up movie say, Hulk vs Wolverine, somewhere down the line. Till then, they'll be in different movie universes. If you wanna see them punch each other, read the comics, or watch some of the cartoons :D

PostPosted: Tue February 28, 2017 11:12 pm 
RM Elitist

The Marvel Television Universe exists in the same world as the MCU.

PostPosted: Tue February 28, 2017 11:28 pm 
Major Dude

@SkitchP wrote:

Yep.

PostPosted: Wed March 01, 2017 12:10 am 
AnalLog

wease wrote:
@SkitchP wrote:

Yep.

yes and no,

They exist in the same universe, but there was some falling out in creative as to how to keep stories working together.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin ... 6af9057a0d

Best example of this, is how Shield has almost completely disappeared from the Movie Universe now. Which is something that really bugs me. Iron Man 2, he gets drunk, Fury shows up. Iron Man 3, his house gets blown up, all the suits are in the ocean, and the local P.D. are cleaning up. No mention of Shield at all (and this was before Winter Soldier took Shield down).

Fox is working on a X-men TV show that will most likely play the same way. It will be its own show / no real crossovers, but it will elude to things that have happened in the movies.

PostPosted: Wed March 01, 2017 12:25 am 
Major Dude

MadTIGERmaN wrote:
wease wrote:
@SkitchP wrote:

Yep.

yes and no,

They exist in the same universe, but there was some falling out in creative as to how to keep stories working together.

Best example of this, is how Shield has almost completely disappeared from the Movie Universe now. Which is something that really bugs me. Iron Man 2, he gets drunk, Fury shows up. Iron Man 3, his house gets blown up, all the suits are in the ocean, and the local P.D. are cleaning up. No mention of Shield at all (and this was before Winter Soldier took Shield down).

Fox is working on a X-men TV show that will most likely play the same way. It will be its own show / no real crossovers, but it will elude to things that have happened in the movies.

All the actors of the TV shows are contracted to show up in case they want them to be in any of the movies.

PostPosted: Wed March 01, 2017 12:45 am 
AnalLog

wease wrote:
MadTIGERmaN wrote:
wease wrote:
@SkitchP wrote:

Yep.

yes and no,

All the actors of the TV shows are contracted to show up in case they want them to be in any of the movies.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/m ... ief-819205

Marvel TV and Marvel Movies, report to two different people, and have been for awhile. But oddly enough, this is whats allowed some at Marvel, to get involved with some of the Fox / X-men projects.

PostPosted: Wed March 01, 2017 12:53 am 
Major Dude

MadTIGERmaN wrote:
wease wrote:
MadTIGERmaN wrote:
wease wrote:
@SkitchP wrote:

Yep.

yes and no,

Marvel TV and Marvel Movies, report to two different people, and have been for awhile. But oddly enough, this is whats allowed some at Marvel, to get involved with some of the Fox / X-men projects.

I know that. It doesn't dispute the fact that they are contracted to appear in the movies if Marvel wants them in the movies.

PostPosted: Wed March 01, 2017 1:51 am 
AnalLog

wease wrote:
MadTIGERmaN wrote:
wease wrote:
MadTIGERmaN wrote:
wease wrote:
@SkitchP wrote:

Yep.

yes and no,

I know that. It doesn't dispute the fact that they are contracted to appear in the movies if Marvel wants them in the movies.

True, very true, I just get the feeling that what started off as a shared universe with multiple crossover potential, has now become two separate universes that will just elude to each other from time to time.

I know that's one thing Mangold really liked with directing the last two Wolverine movies. He was not tied into a bigger picture / was making stand alone stories. Either way, Ive grown to just enjoy all these movies/shows coming out. Its a great time to be a fan of the genre for sure. Between Marvel/Disney, Marvel/Fox, Marvel/Sony, DC/Warner Brothers, Star Wars/Disney... theres pretty much a movie coming out just about every month or so for YEARS! Add in Marvels/Netflix shows, Fox's X-shows, and DC's TV shows, yeah, lots to watch.

PostPosted: Fri March 03, 2017 1:07 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Possible small spoiler in here.

PostPosted: Fri March 03, 2017 4:16 pm 
AnalLog

B wrote:
Possible small spoiler in here.

haha great vid B :haha:

Side note, there was some soldiers that did indeed fight in both the Pacific and Europe.

My own grandfather, who was a tail gunner in B-24's over Europe, and flew on two missions during D-Day over the Normandy area. He was literally a week away from redeploying to the Pacific in B-29's when Japan surrendered.

I also just read a story about an American pilot, who was credited with shooting down a German, Italian, Japanese, and AMERICAN plane during the war. He definitely flew in both theaters.

and, then of course you have, Yang Kyoungjon, a Korea, forced to join the Japanese Army, captured by the Russians, forced to join the Red Army, escaped, captured by zee Germans, and forced to fight for them in a Soviet unit. He was captured by Americans, on D-Day, at Normandy.

PostPosted: Fri March 03, 2017 8:17 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

I would also assume that a man who slipped his way into the army 4 times over a century could probably have slipped into whichever combat missions he wanted.

PostPosted: Fri March 03, 2017 8:53 pm 
Future Drummer

Damn, there was a bit of a spoiler in there. :sigh:

PostPosted: Sat March 04, 2017 1:59 am 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

doone wrote:

Sorry, I'll label it.

PostPosted: Sun March 05, 2017 10:42 pm 
Future Drummer

B wrote:
doone wrote:

Sorry, I'll label it.

No worries, I've seen the movie now.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1299 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 65  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment