The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2967 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 149  Next
 Post subject: Re: What bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Fri February 17, 2017 6:20 pm 
Future Drummer

darth_vedder wrote:
Listened to some, but not all of St. Louis 2000 and DC 1998. Both great shows team. I think St. Louis is a little underrated for the 2000 tour. It's a good one. Nice setlist and tight playing. No Corduroy either, and the only show that tour without it.

St. Loius and Kansas City are both excellent shows.

PostPosted: Fri February 17, 2017 9:35 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:
Listened to some, but not all of St. Louis 2000 and DC 1998. Both great shows team. I think St. Louis is a little underrated for the 2000 tour. It's a good one. Nice setlist and tight playing. No Corduroy either, and the only show that tour without it.

I don't think I've heard Kansas City, I'll have to get it.

re: St Louis, I think it has a nice opening sequence...

Of The Girl, Go, Hail Hail, Brain Of J, Insignificance, Whipping

PostPosted: Fri February 17, 2017 11:38 pm 
Future Drummer

darth_vedder wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:

Kansas City is the show where it was raining non-stop and a lightning bolt lit up the sky during "Release".

PostPosted: Sat February 18, 2017 1:33 am 
AnalLog

darth_vedder wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:

Kansas City is the show where it was raining non-stop and a lightning bolt lit up the sky during "Release".

That was the 2003 show. The 2000 Kansas City show is pretty good (and also opens with "Release") but not as good as St. Louis.

PostPosted: Sun February 19, 2017 6:38 pm 
AnalLog

10/08/2014 Tulsa. This show is fantastic so far, with one of my all-time favorite setlists, featuring a lot of personal favorites. Great versions of a bunch of songs, particularly "Dissident" - Ed really goes for it, and nails the vocals in a most surprising manner. Out of all of the tours since 2006, this one is the only tour where I've really enjoyed most of the shows.

PostPosted: Mon February 20, 2017 7:26 pm 
tl;dr

Dallas 2000. A somewhat unheralded show from this tour, but fantastic nonetheless. October 2000 was a real sweet spot for these dudes.

PostPosted: Tue February 21, 2017 5:32 am 
AnalLog

Kevin Davis wrote:
Dallas 2000. A somewhat unheralded show from this tour, but fantastic nonetheless. October 2000 was a real sweet spot for these dudes.

I love that show, it's one of my favorites from that leg. Actually, almost all of my favorite shows from the 2000 tour are the unheralded ones like this one.

PostPosted: Tue February 21, 2017 6:24 am 
The Master

Red Rocks night 2 1995.

Im listening to the version that ive always had which i think is the same one up at pearljambootlegs.org.

Is there a better version out there these days?

PostPosted: Tue February 21, 2017 6:55 am 
AnalLog

Strat wrote:
Red Rocks night 2 1995.

Im listening to the version that ive always had which i think is the same one up at pearljambootlegs.org.

Is there a better version out there these days?

The Marcsounds tape of that show surfaced a few years ago and I like it a lot more than the SV version, but it's purely a matter of preference.

PostPosted: Tue February 21, 2017 4:44 pm 
Future Drummer

matt reeder wrote:

That was the 2003 show. The 2000 Kansas City show is pretty good (and also opens with "Release") but not as good as St. Louis.

Oh shit! I'm getting old.

PostPosted: Tue February 21, 2017 6:15 pm 
AnalLog

5/10/2010 Buffalo. I don't know what prompted me to listen to this other than finding the setlist kind of interesting, but I'm really digging it so far. Ed sounds really good for this era, the band is pretty tight and other than not really digging the Backspacer stuff I'm really enjoying the setlist. I remember people were really down on this show at the time and so far I'm not really sure why.

Edit: A super intense "Grievance" goes directly into an even more intense "Not For You" - both of which are among the best versions I've heard since 2003 or so. Good stuff.

Edit 2: I'm almost at the end and I have to say that this is as good as any show I've heard from the 2009-2012 era. I honestly think that the entire Backspacer era peaked with the final three shows of 2009, which are about as good as modern PJ gets, but this is almost as good as that.

PostPosted: Thu February 23, 2017 6:11 am 
tl;dr

I have the Buffalo '10 show, but filed it in my mind as something of an average one -- maybe I should relisten. I will say, once they get past the false start the version of "Fatal" is probably the best one they've played apart from Benaroya.

The 2010 US tour was really solid in my opinion, probably their best since 2006. The boots just sound really bad.

PostPosted: Thu February 23, 2017 7:01 am 
AnalLog

Kevin Davis wrote:
The 2010 US tour was really solid in my opinion, probably their best since 2006. The boots just sound really bad.

Putting on the Buffalo show prompted me to pull up some more shows from this tour and they've all been pretty good. The boots aren't even that bad with headphones...they're better than 2008 or 2009.

I'm listening to "Sonic Reducer" from Bristow now and it's easily the best version I've heard post-2003. Just phenomenal.

PostPosted: Fri February 24, 2017 4:39 am 
tl;dr

matt reeder wrote:
Kevin Davis wrote:

Putting on the Buffalo show prompted me to pull up some more shows from this tour and they've all been pretty good. The boots aren't even that bad with headphones...they're better than 2008 or 2009.

I'm listening to "Sonic Reducer" from Bristow now and it's easily the best version I've heard post-2003. Just phenomenal.

I don't think I've heard Bristow. Cleveland, Boston, Newark, and London are all on my shortlist. And St. Louis, but that might be the fuzzy memories talking.

PostPosted: Fri February 24, 2017 4:41 am 
The Master

Kevin Davis wrote:
matt reeder wrote:
Kevin Davis wrote:

I don't think I've heard Bristow. Cleveland, Boston, Newark, and London are all on my shortlist. And St. Louis, but that might be the fuzzy memories talking.

Boston 2010? Funny, I was there and don't remember it being super memorable. Maybe I should download it.

PostPosted: Fri February 24, 2017 5:33 am 
AnalLog

tragabigzanda wrote:
Kevin Davis wrote:
matt reeder wrote:
Kevin Davis wrote:

Boston 2010? Funny, I was there and don't remember it being super memorable. Maybe I should download it.

This place went bonkers over that show at the time. Columbus from this tour is really good too.

PostPosted: Fri February 24, 2017 5:36 am 
Poster of the Year

Boston 2010 was pretty great for modern pearl jam.

PostPosted: Fri February 24, 2017 1:07 pm 
tl;dr

Boston was an extraordinary setlist, performed as well as one could reasonably expect from 2010 PJ -- which is to say, standard limitations apply, but very few technical errors. I'd describe Leeds 2014, another highly enjoyable modern PJ show, the exact same way.

PostPosted: Fri February 24, 2017 2:01 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

2016-04-21 Columbia, SC

Some good runs here. Opening few songs were great Oceans -> Low Light -> EWBTCIAST -> Animal -> MYM -> DTE (Ed fucks up the lyrics on DTE though, gah)

My favorite though is in the first encore Sleight of Hand -> Footsteps -> ATY

PostPosted: Fri February 24, 2017 3:48 pm 
AnalLog

Kevin Davis wrote:
Boston was an extraordinary setlist, performed as well as one could reasonably expect from 2010 PJ -- which is to say, standard limitations apply, but very few technical errors. I'd describe Leeds 2014, another highly enjoyable modern PJ show, the exact same way.

Leeds is sooooooo good. I've been vocal before of my love of the 2014 tour, but that's probably my favorite PJ show post 2008-2009 maybe.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2967 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 149  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live