The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Trading

Post subject: Berlin 96 - Clarify Best Source?
PostPosted: Tue January 31, 2017 11:59 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Hi all

Can someone please advise what the best source for the Berlin 96 show is?

I had the SV version but understand that there was a promo source that is better than this that the SB remaster series was based on?
I have the SB Remaster version and this sounds like there is much more clarity to the sound.

Just wondering whether this is the quality of the remaster, or the source? (or both)

Can anyone please clarify?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Berlin 96 - Clarify Best Source?
PostPosted: Wed February 01, 2017 12:59 am 
Future Drummer

ducko wrote:
Hi all

I had the SV version but understand that there was a promo source that is better than this that the SB remaster series was based on?
I have the SB Remaster version and this sounds like there is much more clarity to the sound.

Just wondering whether this is the quality of the remaster, or the source? (or both)

Thanks

There is a Sony promotional release that a lot of people should have. It fades in during Long Road but somebody patched it with a similar but presumably inferior radio station promo. You will have to get it and compare it to the remaster to see which you prefer.

PostPosted: Fri February 03, 2017 10:08 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:
ducko wrote:
Hi all

Thanks

There is a Sony promotional release that a lot of people should have. It fades in during Long Road but somebody patched it with a similar but presumably inferior radio station promo. You will have to get it and compare it to the remaster to see which you prefer.

Many thanks :)

PostPosted: Tue February 07, 2017 10:34 am 
Future Drummer

WCT's just being modest - the answer is this:

/thread.

PostPosted: Thu February 09, 2017 10:36 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Ha ha, certainly not dissing the quality of this work. However, with no disrespect, I've compared these SB remasters with the original promo sources where I've got em, and just prefer (for my ears) the sound of the original source. Melbourne 95 probably the best example, to a lessor extent Melbourne 98 and Atlanta 94.

Was curious to hear this promo given that the SBRemaster sounded so much better to my ears than the SV version I had previously.

Still haven;t found a copy of there berlin 96 promo so if anyone can hook me up I'd be grateful, If not, not dramas, I'll continue to enjoy the SB REmaster version, which admittedly does sound F'kn good.

Cheers
Duk

PostPosted: Thu February 09, 2017 5:04 pm 
Future Drummer

ducko wrote:
Ha ha, certainly not dissing the quality of this work. However, with no disrespect, I've compared these SB remasters with the original promo sources where I've got em, and just prefer (for my ears) the sound of the original source. Melbourne 95 probably the best example, to a lessor extent Melbourne 98 and Atlanta 94.

Was curious to hear this promo given that the SBRemaster sounded so much better to my ears than the SV version I had previously.

Still haven;t found a copy of there berlin 96 promo so if anyone can hook me up I'd be grateful, If not, not dramas, I'll continue to enjoy the SB REmaster version, which admittedly does sound F'kn good.

Cheers
Duk

In hindsight, I'm not wild about how some of them turned out. But the ones that have a major EQ improvement and got the best reactions are Honolulu '92 and Berlin '96.

PostPosted: Thu February 09, 2017 7:11 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

ducko wrote:

Cheers
Duk

In hindsight, I'm not wild about how some of them turned out. But the ones that have a major EQ improvement and got the best reactions are Honolulu '92 and Berlin '96.

Honolulu... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sat February 11, 2017 1:06 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
ducko wrote:

Cheers
Duk

Honolulu... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

How does the Honolulu show compare relative to other shows from that era. Not sound wise but quality of the show? Does it beat any of the euro tour?

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Trading