The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 293 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Home Theater Discussion
PostPosted: Fri January 13, 2017 2:26 pm 
The Master

I don't think there's a thread for this yet. Let's talk tech. What's your setup?

I'm a little annoyed because I just had to order a new 4K UHD player. I currently have the Xbox One S, and the picture quality is excellent for Blu-rays and 4K Blu-rays, but unfortunately there is an infuriating audio delay on anything I watch. I have been messing with every setting on it, my TV, and my soundbar for like a week and there is just no way to fix it. It's become so distracting for me that I just wound up dropping some cash on a new player to fix it. Hopefully the PQ is just as good.

Post subject: Re: Home Theater Discussion
PostPosted: Fri January 13, 2017 2:30 pm 
The Master

Oh, and here's my setup:

65" Samsung KS8500 (Curved 4K HDR LED)
Phillips BDP7501 4K Blu-ray Player (This is the one I just ordered.)
Xbox One S
PlayStation 4
Xbox 360
Samsung HW-J7500R Soundbar (4.1)

I also have a PlayStation 3, Nintendo GameCube, Nintendo 64, and Super Nintendo hooked up to my old TV in the bedroom, which is a 46" Sony 1080p LCD.

PostPosted: Fri January 13, 2017 2:45 pm 
The Master

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
I don't think there's a thread for this yet. Let's talk tech. What's your setup?

I'm a little annoyed because I just had to order a new 4K UHD player. I currently have the Xbox One S, and the picture quality is excellent for Blu-rays and 4K Blu-rays, but unfortunately there is an infuriating audio delay on anything I watch. I have been messing with every setting on it, my TV, and my soundbar for like a week and there is just no way to fix it. It's become so distracting for me that I just wound up dropping some cash on a new player to fix it. Hopefully the PQ is just as good.

How is the soundbar connected to the Blu Ray player?

PostPosted: Fri January 13, 2017 2:45 pm 
The Master

LV's bedroom setup is better than our sole living room situation.

PostPosted: Fri January 13, 2017 2:55 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

I have a 55inch Sony, but haven't felt like buying good equipment yet (other obligations till I get my toys). So for now, I just took my Bose computer speakers and plugged them into the headphone jack on the TV.

It's not ideal obviously, but I didn't have to spend money on a receiver / speakers and it is a solid step up from the TV speakers.

Down the road, I'm looking at a Marantz slimline receiver and some bookshelf speakers. I'll also get a center channel and probably call it a day. I don't think I really care about rear speakers and a subwoofer. I noticed since 7.2 is out, that the 5.1 . or 5.2 receivers are a good bit cheaper. This is the one I have my eye on: https://www.amazon.com/Marantz-NR1504-C ... imline+5.1

PostPosted: Fri January 13, 2017 2:55 pm 
The Master

Monkey_Driven wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:

HDMI to the TV, and the soundbar is connected to the TV via ARC. Annoyingly, there is no option to hook it up via optical, which I've heard can solve the issue. None of my other devices hooked up the same way exhibit this problem.

PostPosted: Fri January 13, 2017 3:02 pm 
The Master

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:

HDMI to the TV, and the soundbar is connected to the TV via ARC. Annoyingly, there is no option to hook it up via optical, which I've heard can solve the issue. None of my other devices hooked up the same way exhibit this problem.

Does your soundbar have an HDMI output?

PostPosted: Fri January 13, 2017 3:09 pm 
The Master

Monkey_Driven wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:

Yeah, that's the ARC I'm using. Do you mean a separate HDMI input, bypassing the TV ARC? It does, but the Xbox doesn't have a separate HDMI out for audio.

PostPosted: Fri January 13, 2017 8:17 pm 
The Master

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:

Yeah, that's the ARC I'm using. Do you mean a separate HDMI input, bypassing the TV ARC? It does, but the Xbox doesn't have a separate HDMI out for audio.

Aha. Bummer. Anyone else online having issues?

PostPosted: Fri January 13, 2017 9:12 pm 
The Master

Monkey_Driven wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:

Aha. Bummer. Anyone else online having issues?

I haven't been able to find much about it, no. I think it must be specific to the Xbox One S in conjunction with the Samsung TV. Also, it's possible other people just don't notice it; I didn't until my brother - who does a lot of video editing - pointed it out to me.

I really hate my brother for this.

PostPosted: Fri January 13, 2017 9:15 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

I'll be back in this thread in about a year or so when we finish our basement. Would love to do some sort of surround-sound system that's hooked up to TV shit and the stereo, but I don't know thing one about that sort of stuff.

PostPosted: Fri January 13, 2017 9:19 pm 
The Master

Simple Torture wrote:
I'll be back in this thread in about a year or so when we finish our basement. Would love to do some sort of surround-sound system that's hooked up to TV shit and the stereo, but I don't know thing one about that sort of stuff.

Have fun. It's a rabbit hole. The sheer volume of information is overwhelming.

PostPosted: Fri January 13, 2017 9:29 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:

Have fun. It's a rabbit hole. The sheer volume of information is overwhelming.

This is the same sort of discussion we have in the vinyl thread all the time. It'll be a shame to let the old analog receiver go, but I'll probably try to repurpose it in another room.

PostPosted: Fri January 13, 2017 9:34 pm 
The Master

55 inch Vizio P Series 2016 TV 4k/HDR
PS4
Wii U
2016 Vizio 3.1 Soundbar

Downstairs:
42 inch Panasonic Plasma TV 1080p
Wii
PS3

27 inch CRT TV
Nintendo 64
SNES
NES

Last edited by Monkey_Driven on Fri January 13, 2017 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri January 13, 2017 9:36 pm 
Poster of the Year

Simple Torture wrote:
It'll be a shame to let the old analog receiver go

you better not

The Master

Monkey_Driven wrote:
PS4
Wii U
2016 Vizio 3.1 Soundbar

No 4K Blu-ray player?

I Have A Third Nipple

cutuphalfdead wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:

you better not

Don't worry, it'll get a viking funeral.

PostPosted: Fri January 13, 2017 9:37 pm 
The Master

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
PS4
Wii U
2016 Vizio 3.1 Soundbar

No 4K Blu-ray player?

I've bought one Blu Ray in the last three years. Not huge movie watchers in the family. More into TV and gaming.

PostPosted: Fri January 13, 2017 9:42 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

55 inch panasonic
yamaha soundbar

thats it

PostPosted: Fri January 13, 2017 9:50 pm 
The Master

cutuphalfdead wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:

you better not

chud's setup:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 293 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment