The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 508 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26  Next
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars new canon books & timeline
PostPosted: Tue December 13, 2016 2:50 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

I have not read it. But what I've read about it and heard people say about it has me really excited to read it. And I barely even know who she is. I JUST met her last night.

PostPosted: Tue December 13, 2016 3:20 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

durdencommatyler wrote:
I have not read it. But what I've read about it and heard people say about it has me really excited to read it. And I barely even know who she is. I JUST met her last night.

One of the things I did enjoy about the Clone Wars cartoons was her story. I'll let you know about the book.

PostPosted: Tue December 13, 2016 3:47 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

One of the things I did enjoy about the Clone Wars cartoons was her story. I'll let you know about the book.

Sweet! Thanks, Ruddo.

PostPosted: Tue December 13, 2016 4:28 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Anyone read this yet? I just bought it and going to give it a go.

It's good. Supercool reveal in it about someone else not in the book.

PostPosted: Tue December 13, 2016 4:36 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

dimejinky99 wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Anyone read this yet? I just bought it and going to give it a go.

It's good. Supercool reveal in it about someone else not in the book.

Cool, I'm looking forward to it. I always enjoyed seeing how her relationship with Anakin changed.

PostPosted: Tue December 13, 2016 4:37 pm 

I did the audio book of this. Prefer doing that with Star Wars books cos they have sound effects and the music.

The lady who voices Ahsoka reads the audiobook it's cool.

PostPosted: Tue December 13, 2016 4:43 pm 

Hey dime, are there any books about Plo Koon? I did a quick search and couldn't find anything.

PostPosted: Tue December 13, 2016 5:53 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

I'm going to wait until next year, I think. But I'm going to pick up Catalyst and Tarkin after I see Rogue One and give those a go. If I like them as much as I expect to, I'll grab the Ahsoka book. Probably going to skip Aftermath and Life Debt for now. Maybe I'll around to those at some point. But the stuff before A New Hope is more interesting to me.

PostPosted: Tue December 13, 2016 5:54 pm 

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Hey dime, are there any books about Plo Koon? I did a quick search and couldn't find anything.

Fairly certain there isn't no.

PostPosted: Tue December 13, 2016 5:55 pm 

durdencommatyler wrote:
I'm going to wait until next year, I think. But I'm going to pick up Catalyst and Tarkin after I see Rogue One and give those a go. If I like them as much as I expect to, I'll grab the Ahsoka book. Probably going to skip Aftermath and Life Debt for now. Maybe I'll around to those at some point. But the stuff before A New Hope is more interesting to me.

The aftermath and life debt just don't pay off. The finale is out in may I think.

Tarkin is brilliant. Catalyst is also brilliant.

PostPosted: Tue December 13, 2016 8:05 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

I've heard Tarkin and Bloodline (Leia) are the best of the new cannon books. Can anyone confirm?

PostPosted: Tue December 13, 2016 8:28 pm 

darth_vedder wrote:
I've heard Tarkin and Bloodline (Leia) are the best of the new cannon books. Can anyone confirm?

Can 100% confirm. Tarkin is a great read and wonderful addition to the canon. Vader is in it and it gets into his and tarkins relationship. Tarkin has a notion that he's Anakin (who he fought beside on a few occasions) but being the operator he is it never comes up. Wonderful read.

Also you'd be crazy not to read lords of the Sith. AWFUL title but probably my favourite of the new canon. It's really just about Vader and the emperors relationship in one thread and a rebel faction storyline thread and the two come together.

Captures the feel and lesser explored element of Star Wars meaning the true nature of the relationship with Vader and The emperor. All is not what it seems. So well written too. Cinematic.

PostPosted: Tue December 13, 2016 8:45 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

dimejinky99 wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:

Can 100% confirm. Tarkin is a great read and wonderful addition to the canon. Vader is in it and it gets into his and tarkins relationship. Tarkin has a notion that he's Anakin (who he fought beside on a few occasions) but being the operator he is it never comes up. Wonderful read.

Also you'd be crazy not to read lords of the Sith. AWFUL title but probably my favourite of the new canon. It's really just about Vader and the emperors relationship in one thread and a rebel faction storyline thread and the two come together.

Captures the feel and lesser explored element of Star Wars meaning the true nature of the relationship with Vader and The emperor. All is not what it seems. So well written too. Cinematic.

Nice, thanks for the feedback! Have you read Bloodline? I heard it adds a nice story to Leia post ROTJ and pre TFA, and how here "bloodline" with Vader hurt her in the eyes of the New Republic. Sounds pretty interesting, and definitely not a happy post Endor ending for her.

PostPosted: Tue December 13, 2016 9:33 pm 

darth_vedder wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:

Nice, thanks for the feedback! Have you read Bloodline? I heard it adds a nice story to Leia post ROTJ and pre TFA, and how here "bloodline" with Vader hurt her in the eyes of the New Republic. Sounds pretty interesting, and definitely not a happy post Endor ending for her.

Bloodline is essential. It's almost west wing in Star Wars and it's heartbreaking cos you see what happens to her and her position in the new republic an how that evolves or devolves into leading the resistance.
And that is heartbreaking in the telling of it.
You'll enjoy force awakens 100 times more if you read bloodline and then watch it again.

It's required reading but far more political intrigue and subterfuge than a typical rollicking Star Wars story.

Ps rian Johnson collaborated with the author to tie things into 8 as well. So this will get more important as we go forward.

PostPosted: Wed December 14, 2016 1:05 am 

Ah man. The bit when she force trips the guy off the temple. Classic. She pays for it but still.

PostPosted: Wed December 14, 2016 1:29 am 

Ahsoka kicks ass in the kidnapped / slaves of the republic episode

PostPosted: Sat December 17, 2016 3:58 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

I'm guessing the answer is no but... is there a sort of history book out there about canon? I don't want novels and adventures. I'm looking for a good run down of the events of the new canon as we know them so far. More like an entertaining fictional history than a novel.

PostPosted: Sat December 17, 2016 4:22 pm 

durdencommatyler wrote:
I'm guessing the answer is no but... is there a sort of history book out there about canon? I don't want novels and adventures. I'm looking for a good run down of the events of the new canon as we know them so far. More like an entertaining fictional history than a novel.

They have all kinds of ultimate guides that have timeline things in them and more on the way. But at the moment I don't think there's a dedicated one no.

PostPosted: Sat December 17, 2016 4:47 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

dimejinky99 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

They have all kinds of ultimate guides that have timeline things in them and more on the way. But at the moment I don't think there's a dedicated one no.

Cool. Thanks. I didn't think so. I'll just browse the ultimate guides and see what I see.

PostPosted: Tue December 20, 2016 11:39 pm 
Major Dude

New Doctor Aphra comic series out this week, guys. Same team as the Vader series. At least for the first issue.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 508 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars