The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Obama's Legacy
PostPosted: Wed November 11, 2015 2:06 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

turned2black wrote:
That number is virtually useless nowadays. Most other numbers/indexes put our "real" unemployment rate at 10 or 11 percent.

if lenny got a full time job those numbers would go down..the fed might even raise rates

PostPosted: Thu November 12, 2015 4:34 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

turned2black wrote:
That number is virtually useless nowadays. Most other numbers/indexes put our "real" unemployment rate at 10 or 11 percent.

Does that include the newly swelled rolls of the 'permanently disabled'?

PostPosted: Fri November 13, 2015 12:36 am 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

turned2black wrote:

also correct.

PostPosted: Sat March 19, 2016 2:58 pm 
Broken Tamborine

Anyone read "The Obama Doctrine" in The Atlantic?
http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2016/04/the-obama-doctrine/471525/

For me, it provided a lot of clarity to some of his decisions the past few years. It was interesting to read how many of his decisions regarding foreign policy have gone against the wishes of his close advisors. He's really stuck to his beliefs; time will tell whether that makes him obstinate or categorically scrupulous.

Quote:
Obama has come to a number of dovetailing conclusions about the world, and about America’s role in it. The first is that the Middle East is no longer terribly important to American interests. The second is that even if the Middle East were surpassingly important, there would still be little an American president could do to make it a better place. The third is that the innate American desire to fix the sorts of problems that manifest themselves most drastically in the Middle East inevitably leads to warfare, to the deaths of U.S. soldiers, and to the eventual hemorrhaging of U.S. credibility and power. The fourth is that the world cannot afford to see the diminishment of U.S. power. Just as the leaders of several American allies have found Obama’s leadership inadequate to the tasks before him, he himself has found world leadership wanting: global partners who often lack the vision and the will to spend political capital in pursuit of broad, progressive goals, and adversaries who are not, in his mind, as rational as he is. Obama believes that history has sides, and that America’s adversaries—and some of its putative allies—have situated themselves on the wrong one, a place where tribalism, fundamentalism, sectarianism, and militarism still flourish. What they don’t understand is that history is bending in his direction.

“The central argument is that by keeping America from immersing itself in the crises of the Middle East, the foreign-policy establishment believes that the president is precipitating our decline,” Ben Rhodes told me. “But the president himself takes the opposite view, which is that overextension in the Middle East will ultimately harm our economy, harm our ability to look for other opportunities and to deal with other challenges, and, most important, endanger the lives of American service members for reasons that are not in the direct American national-security interest.”

If you are a supporter of the president, his strategy makes eminent sense: Double down in those parts of the world where success is plausible, and limit America’s exposure to the rest. His critics believe, however, that problems like those presented by the Middle East don’t solve themselves—that, without American intervention, they metastasize.

At the moment, Syria, where history appears to be bending toward greater chaos, poses the most direct challenge to the president’s worldview.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 4:17 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

HITECH has been truly transformative. It has produced 20 years worth of essential EHR standardization in just a fraction of that time, has laid the groundwork for incredible leaps in healthcare safety, and I consider it a classic example of "Democrats letting other people tell their story" that it barely gets mentioned when people talk about Obama's healthcare reform.

PostPosted: Thu September 22, 2016 8:54 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

How much shit would a republican president be getting for basically opting out of the entire BLM/police shootings/race riots issue?

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Fri September 23, 2016 12:06 am 
Polluted

50% of the shit.

PostPosted: Sat September 24, 2016 12:11 am 
AnalLog

BurtReynolds wrote:
Barrack HUSSEIN obummer: the first foreign born terrorist president.

I keep wondering when he's going to institute Sharia law but he's really getting short on time at this point!

PostPosted: Sat September 24, 2016 1:43 am 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

meatwad!?

PostPosted: Wed September 28, 2016 12:46 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

I really want him to be the new James Bond. That should be his legacy.

PostPosted: Tue October 11, 2016 3:42 pm 
The Master

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/11/opinions/ ... index.html

Im going to miss having a well articulated and intelligent man with dreams for the nation. Pres. Trump here we come

PostPosted: Tue October 11, 2016 3:53 pm 
The Master

Spent the day with Mrs. Trag's uncle yesterday, who has a pretty clear anti-government manifesto; his beliefs are slowly morphing into something approaching anarchy. And even he likes Obama. "I believe he's a good man with good intentions, and don't understand why more of the politicians didn't rally around a guy who was obviously trying to create positive change."

PostPosted: Tue October 11, 2016 4:00 pm 
The Master

tragabigzanda wrote:
Spent the day with Mrs. Trag's uncle yesterday, who has a pretty clear anti-government manifesto; his beliefs are slowly morphing into something approaching anarchy. And even he likes Obama. "I believe he's a good man with good intentions, and don't understand why more of the politicians didn't rally around a guy who was obviously trying to create positive change."

Your wifes uncle is Burt?

PostPosted: Tue October 11, 2016 4:01 pm 
The Master

Strat wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

Your wifes uncle is Burt?

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue October 11, 2016 4:21 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

that people were so disgruntled with him that he left us hillary and donald as our only two choices

PostPosted: Sat December 10, 2016 7:37 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Did this guy take the last year off or what?

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Sat December 10, 2016 7:55 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

He really seems to have thrown in the towel.

PostPosted: Sat December 10, 2016 7:57 pm 
Rank This Poster

I think at this point I'd be pretty much 'fuck this shit' as well.

PostPosted: Sat December 10, 2016 8:04 pm 
The Master

My hunch is that he's strategizing and rallying the troops without sounding any alarms. Between last-minute executive actions, working on the Russia thing, and getting the Dems in Congress on the same page about how to dig in for the next four years, I can't imagine he's resting on his laurels. It's just not a fortuitous time for him to be out politicking or championing a cause.

PostPosted: Sun December 11, 2016 4:42 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Kaius wrote:
He really seems to have thrown in the towel.

he kind of seemed to throw in the towel like 6 months after getting re-elected

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate