The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 345 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 18  Next

Rate Vitalogy
5 stars 78%  78%  [ 28 ]
4 stars 22%  22%  [ 8 ]
3 stars 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
2 stars 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
1 star 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 36
 Post subject: Re: Vitalogy: Official Album Thread
PostPosted: Tue November 22, 2016 7:16 pm 
Production Police

I remember vividly meeting my mother in our drive way, as we both arrived home at the same time, the day it came out on CD. I had asked her to pick it up for me while she was downtown. I locked myself in my room and put it on repeat, just laying there with my headphones and studying the album art. Changed my life.

PostPosted: Tue November 22, 2016 7:17 pm 
Future Drummer

tragabigzanda wrote:
I remember vividly meeting my mother in our drive way, as we both arrived home at the same time, the day it came out on CD. I had asked her to pick it up for me while she was downtown. I locked myself in my room and put it on repeat, just laying there with my headphones and studying the album art. Changed my life.

How so?

PostPosted: Tue November 22, 2016 7:19 pm 
The Master

My mother drove me to the midnight sale. My best friend had his mother drive him to the midnight sale. Picked up a cassette and the CD because i dont think this van had a cd player in it at the time. Listened to it on the way home and all night. Brought the cd and my discman to school the next day and listened to it at my locker any chance i could

PostPosted: Tue November 22, 2016 7:21 pm 
Future Drummer

I was blown away by side 1, but quickly became pretty irritated at the side 2 nonsense...

Ah, to be young, stupid, and impatient again :lol:

PostPosted: Tue November 22, 2016 7:21 pm 
Production Police

Iholdthepain wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

How so?

It was what made me want to work in audio. I had never been so fascinated by sound before. I wanted to crawl inside my headphones and understand why things sounded the way they did. I spent just shy of 20 years trying to figure it out.

PostPosted: Tue November 22, 2016 7:22 pm 
Production Police

Strat wrote:
My mother drove me to the midnight sale. My best friend had his mother drive him to the midnight sale. Picked up a cassette and the CD because i dont think this van had a cd player in it at the time. Listened to it on the way home and all night. Brought the cd and my discman to school the next day and listened to it at my locker any chance i could

:? You guys should have carpooled.

PostPosted: Tue November 22, 2016 7:23 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

tragabigzanda wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

How so?

It was what made me want to work in audio. I had never been so fascinated by sound before. I wanted to crawl inside my headphones and understand why things sounded the way they did. I spent just shy of 20 years trying to figure it out.

I was so irritated by the sound of this...at time i felt they were trying to do a Nirvana album...i was such a big fan of Vs and couldnt understand what happened.

PostPosted: Tue November 22, 2016 7:25 pm 
Future Drummer

It is a damn good recording! I gave up on the recording process when pro tools and digital looping made it easy for everyone. Same with digital photography... two lost art forms due to the digital age.

PostPosted: Tue November 22, 2016 7:27 pm 
Production Police

Iholdthepain wrote:
It is a damn good recording! I gave up on the recording process when pro tools and digital looping made it easy for everyone. Same with digital photography... two lost art forms due to the digital age.

Yep. I worked in a photo lab in high school, and did a lot of dark room stuff; and eventually purchased a 2" tape machine for about $5K. Neither of those investments of my time or money amounted to a hill of beans in the long run.

PostPosted: Tue November 22, 2016 7:29 pm 
Future Drummer

tragabigzanda wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:

Yep. I worked in a photo lab in high school, and did a lot of dark room stuff; and eventually purchased a 2" tape machine for about $5K. Neither of those investments of my time or money amounted to a hill of beans in the long run.

Nothing so nerve wracking as splicing 2" tape with a razorblade and scotch tape!

PostPosted: Tue November 22, 2016 7:43 pm 
Production Police

Iholdthepain wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:

Nothing so nerve wracking as splicing 2" tape with a razorblade and scotch tape!

Shit, have you done it too?

PostPosted: Tue November 22, 2016 10:24 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

My brother gave me this album for my birthday. He was probably 12 at the time, so spending $15 was a big deal to him. And he picked it out all on his own without me saying anything. It'll always be special to me for that reason alone.

PostPosted: Wed November 23, 2016 3:46 am 
Posting (live)

Yeah this album is alright.

PostPosted: Thu December 01, 2016 8:23 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

My mom took me to the mall to buy this record. Then she took me out for ice cream. This was a few weeks after the record had already dropped (after Thanksgiving and into December). I thought it was really cool of her to buy me the CD and then some food. Turns out it was just to butter me up because she'd found out I was sexually active and wanted me off my guard when she asked me about it. Long story, short... I didn't like the memories associated with Vitalogy and didn't like this album for a long, long time.

Now I fucking love it. It's probably my second favorite album of all time. But it took a while to get into it.

PostPosted: Thu December 01, 2016 9:02 pm 
Rank This Poster

durdencommatyler wrote:
My mom took me to the mall to buy this record. Then she took me out for ice cream. This was a few weeks after the record had already dropped (after Thanksgiving and into December). I thought it was really cool of her to buy me the CD and then some food. Turns out it was just to butter me up because she'd found out I was sexually active and wanted me off my guard when she asked me about it. Long story, short... I didn't like the memories associated with Vitalogy and didn't like this album for a long, long time.

Now I fucking love it. It's probably my second favorite album of all time. But it took a while to get into it.

New Pearl Jam album, ice cream, and a talk about sex with your mom. Sounds like a great day and a great mom.

PostPosted: Thu December 01, 2016 9:09 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

durdencommatyler wrote:

Speaking of moms: Mine came home one day with two tapes apropos of nothing. She said, "Do you like the bands Toe Jam and Meatballs?" She had brought home Vs. and Bat Out of Hell 2. No sex talk, that was a few months later.

PostPosted: Thu December 01, 2016 10:10 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

bune wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Speaking of moms: Mine came home one day with two tapes apropos of nothing. She said, "Do you like the bands Toe Jam and Meatballs?" She had brought home Vs. and Bat Out of Hell 2. No sex talk, that was a few months later.

Toe Jam and Meatballs. :heartbeat:

How much to change a username again?

PostPosted: Thu December 01, 2016 10:11 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Leatherhead wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

New Pearl Jam album, ice cream, and a talk about sex with your mom. Sounds like a great day and a great mom.
I haven't set foot in a Baskin Robbins since.

PostPosted: Fri December 02, 2016 12:33 am 
Future Drummer

I bought the CD and listened to it and then I probably played with myself and ate some Totino's pizza rolls.

PostPosted: Fri December 02, 2016 12:35 am 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

I bought it and soon after delved into the writings of E.H. Ruddock

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 345 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 18  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam