The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 1307  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 45th POTUS - Donald J. Trump
PostPosted: Wed November 16, 2016 12:00 am 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

Strat wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
Strat wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
Strat wrote:
pnjguy wrote:
I was against a Trump presidency, but the liberals need to quit crying. Enough now. The campaign is over and real life begins. (I'm talking especially to you New York Times). The past few days have been so embarrassing, it's made me a fucking Trump apologist! He's not going to become a dictator. The minute he tries to round up illegals into concentration camps, or suppress free speech, or implement an alt-right agenda, or do whatever else the idiots in the street are screaming about, a united country would throw him on his ass. Have some faith and respect for the checks and balances this country was founded on for chrissake. Of course, the left always screams that every legitimate conservative policy idea is racist/sexist/homophobic, etc. (and I agree that this tendency to cry wolf is what motivated the F YOU vote in the first place!!). But still, watch now for wholly legitimate policy ideas to be lumped in as racist and sexist. Bragging about assaulting women? Sexist. Repealing Obamacare? Not sexist. But the difference won't matter to the left and the mainstream media. Calling all Mexicans rapists? (Something he didn't do, by the way.) Racist. Enforcing immigration law? Not racist. But the difference won't matter to the left and the mainstream media. That's why I was for any of the republican nominee but Trump. Everyone just needs to fucking cool it and let this dude cement his own legacy.

Also, do you know the people that will help shape his policy? People are scared for a good reason. This isn't the liberal mainstream media fake out here

Yeah they're called Republicans. They same ones that have been in the game for years. Point missed as usual.

Pence and Bannon are not normal republicans.

Pence is the ultimate old school conservative christian republican. What are you talking about?

Fine. You still have Bannon. Are you saying liberals should shut the fuck up and wait to see what Donald Trump does? That he might just surprise us? C'mon, burt. Now you are being an idiot

No need to put a Bannon dissenting opinions, but let's see what hapPence.

PostPosted: Wed November 16, 2016 12:02 am 
The Master

theplatypus wrote:
Strat wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
Strat wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
Strat wrote:
pnjguy wrote:
I was against a Trump presidency, but the liberals need to quit crying. Enough now. The campaign is over and real life begins. (I'm talking especially to you New York Times). The past few days have been so embarrassing, it's made me a fucking Trump apologist! He's not going to become a dictator. The minute he tries to round up illegals into concentration camps, or suppress free speech, or implement an alt-right agenda, or do whatever else the idiots in the street are screaming about, a united country would throw him on his ass. Have some faith and respect for the checks and balances this country was founded on for chrissake. Of course, the left always screams that every legitimate conservative policy idea is racist/sexist/homophobic, etc. (and I agree that this tendency to cry wolf is what motivated the F YOU vote in the first place!!). But still, watch now for wholly legitimate policy ideas to be lumped in as racist and sexist. Bragging about assaulting women? Sexist. Repealing Obamacare? Not sexist. But the difference won't matter to the left and the mainstream media. Calling all Mexicans rapists? (Something he didn't do, by the way.) Racist. Enforcing immigration law? Not racist. But the difference won't matter to the left and the mainstream media. That's why I was for any of the republican nominee but Trump. Everyone just needs to fucking cool it and let this dude cement his own legacy.

Also, do you know the people that will help shape his policy? People are scared for a good reason. This isn't the liberal mainstream media fake out here

Yeah they're called Republicans. They same ones that have been in the game for years. Point missed as usual.

Pence is the ultimate old school conservative christian republican. What are you talking about?

Fine. You still have Bannon. Are you saying liberals should shut the fuck up and wait to see what Donald Trump does? That he might just surprise us? C'mon, burt. Now you are being an idiot

No need to put a Bannon dissenting opinions, but let's see what hapPence.

This was good, platypus.

NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

That was my worst post yet

The Master

It was fantastic.

PostPosted: Wed November 16, 2016 12:03 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

arg h

PostPosted: Wed November 16, 2016 12:15 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Strat wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
Strat wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
Strat wrote:
pnjguy wrote:

I'm saying I agree with the second half of his post, that the hysterical bullshit the Left throws around about everyone who disagrees with them being a nazi KKK rapist is about as fucking stupid as the Right saying dems are babykilling terrorists who hate us for our freedom. To say nothing of the fact that IT ISN'T WORKING. You aren't going to shame or threaten half the country into submission anymore (and neither will the other side), especially when the Left has been crying wolf for so long.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Wed November 16, 2016 12:48 am 
Future Drummer

Where are the checks and balances going to come from if Congress is Republican and he's able to appoint the judges he wants? You can't rely on something that doesn't exist.

And the "crying wolf" thing seems rather stupid in a world where awful, awful men like Bannon and Bolton are being appointed to the cabinet. That seems a very appropriate thing to be frightened of. One of the things that was a huge plus for Hillary in my view was that she would actually have a staff of capable, smart people who had actually worked in government. Bannon is basically king of the trolls and one of the more awful people on the planet. It's night and day.

PostPosted: Wed November 16, 2016 1:11 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

theplatypus wrote:
That was my worst post yet

It was pretty bad, but I've been into things that are so bad they're good lately.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Wed November 16, 2016 2:05 am 
10Club Complaint Department

Orpheus wrote:
Bannon is basically king of the trolls and one of the more awful people on the planet.

I'll admit I know very little about Bannon (I've never read Breitbart etc.) but my reaction to the text of his speech posted here is pretty positive overall.

Interesting guy.

PostPosted: Wed November 16, 2016 3:07 am 
10Club Complaint Department

pnjguy wrote:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed November 16, 2016 3:17 am 
AnalLog

Orpheus wrote:
Where are the checks and balances going to come from if Congress is Republican and he's able to appoint the judges he wants?

They'll come from the people when we vote again in two years.

PostPosted: Wed November 16, 2016 4:04 am 
Rank This Poster

BurtReynolds wrote:
I'm saying I agree with the second half of his post, that the hysterical bullshit the Left throws around about everyone who disagrees with them being a nazi KKK rapist is about as fucking stupid as the Right saying dems are babykilling terrorists who hate us for our freedom. To say nothing of the fact that IT ISN'T WORKING. You aren't going to shame or threaten half the country into submission anymore (and neither will the other side), especially when the Left has been crying wolf for so long.

After a 15-month campaign, and the things he has said and done throughout his public life, to expect people not to have an opinion on Donald Trump and his trends towards bigotry is a bit hard to ask of people.

When it comes to Bannon, a tweet I saw actually summed it up fairly succinctly; you don't see people freaking out over Reince Preibus because whatever his issues, he hasn't shown himself to be a bigot. Bannon has offered a fair amount of evidence to suggest that he is exactly that. Whether or not that "works" is fairly irrelevant. It is what it is.

PostPosted: Wed November 16, 2016 4:25 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

digster wrote:
This is one of the intelligence community #NeverTrumpers who rethought his stance in the aftermath of the election who previously worked in the State Department. I guess he reached out to the Trump camp.

I think this kind of thing may be an increasingly big story, their difficulty in staffing.

this is the first taste of what many feared: fundamental incompetence

when you treat team members this way; they don't want to work for you

that leads to a selection bias in favor of people who either lack self-respect or the skills necessary to effectively conduct operations

the republicans in the house outnumber trump. if after the tax cut, the name of the game is simply screaming at them because they 'didn't win', maybe they will team up and remove him

and then the pence era will begin

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Wed November 16, 2016 4:28 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

digster wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

After a 15-month campaign, and the things he has said and done throughout his public life, to expect people not to have an opinion on Donald Trump and his trends towards bigotry is a bit hard to ask of people.

When it comes to Bannon, a tweet I saw actually summed it up fairly succinctly; you don't see people freaking out over Reince Preibus because whatever his issues, he hasn't shown himself to be a bigot. Bannon has offered a fair amount of evidence to suggest that he is exactly that. Whether or not that "works" is fairly irrelevant. It is what it is.

kushner is jewish. i wonder if eventually bannon's mouth gets him into conflict with kushner. not that kushner necessarily has religious reverence or anything. i am certain these guys have thick skin. but they also have big egos. and maybe bannon rape-rages out one day and then starts dropping K-bombs and the Donald has to turn and say "You're Fired!"

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Wed November 16, 2016 4:32 am 
The Master

Birds in Hell wrote:
Orpheus wrote:
Bannon is basically king of the trolls and one of the more awful people on the planet.

I'll admit I know very little about Bannon (I've never read Breitbart etc.) but my reaction to the text of his speech posted here is pretty positive overall.

Interesting guy.

Ugh. Spenno. Actually read up on him

PostPosted: Wed November 16, 2016 5:17 am 
Poster of the Year

Strat wrote:
pnjguy wrote:

He's doing a great job so far!

http://www.warren.senate.gov/files/docu ... Letter.pdf

Welp her campaign just started.

PostPosted: Wed November 16, 2016 2:04 pm 
AnalLog

96583UP wrote:
digster wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

kushner is jewish. i wonder if eventually bannon's mouth gets him into conflict with kushner. not that kushner necessarily has religious reverence or anything. i am certain these guys have thick skin. but they also have big egos. and maybe bannon rape-rages out one day and then starts dropping K-bombs and the Donald has to turn and say "You're Fired!"

has bannon himself actually said or published anything that is anti-semitic, or is all of this related to the "renegade jew" article on breitbart, which was written by someone named david horowitz? serious question.. i haven't looked too deeply into this.

PostPosted: Wed November 16, 2016 3:09 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

Some of Bannon's speeches have been leaked and he sounds more like Bernie or Warren than anything else. So I guess the question is are those speeches him trying to seem reasonable and his website is more representative of his true beliefs or is the website just a money making venture.

PostPosted: Wed November 16, 2016 3:13 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

By all accounts he was the driving force behind Breitbart to the point of ghost writing when he thought a piece wasn't going far enough. And some of his off the cuff statements have been as ugly as those headlines. I'm not investing anything of worth in the tempering he has done to his speeches now that he's on the world stage. It will take evidence by action to convince me that this isn't who he is:

“The alt-right’s intellectuals would also argue that culture is inseparable from race. The alt-right believe that some degree of separation between peoples is necessary for a culture to be preserved.” - March, 2016, in a piece defending alt-right intellectualism as "smarter" than the skinhead movement.

Gay rights have made us dumber, it’s time to get back in the closet. - article in June of 2015

Birth Control Makes Women Unattractive and Crazy - article headline, Dec, 2015

"The women that would lead this country...wouldn’t be a bunch of dykes that came from the Seven Sisters schools up in New England. That drives the left insane and that’s why they hate these women" - said by Brannon in a radio interview, fuck I don't remember when.

PostPosted: Wed November 16, 2016 3:22 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

How was that Penn Gillette speech?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 1307  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate