The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2016-04-29: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 12:44 am 
The Master

was mowbs there?

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 9:55 am 
The worst

God damn it

Running TSIS Review

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 1:21 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

stip wrote:
God damn it

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 2:49 am 
for those who
are not...shall be

"who you are" was my standout.

Somebody I didn't know tried to dance with me, and I thought for a moment maybe it was one of you dorks.

Spoiler: show
was it?

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 8:24 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Fun show and the crowd I was near (in between Stone / Ed in GA) was really into it, especially for the Ten part.

Some highlights for me:

1. Garden. I had only got this once before in Philly 2006 and it was a slightly different version. I was glad to get the more proper version, but even still it wasn't quite proper. It sounded almost like Sound Garden, especially with the sludgy guitars and Matt's drumming (which I really liked on this song)

2. Breakerfall. I've been pimping the Lubbock 2000 version, and it was cool to get this live. The energy maintained from the Ten part and people were excited. Some next to me though we may get a Ten / Binaural night, which I would have been perfectly fine with.

3. Who You Are. I love No Code, and was happy to get this one. Got it in DC 2008, and this version sounded tighter, even with a slight flub at the beginning.

4. The energy during Jeremy. It was fun to be in GA for it.

5. Stone. It was fun to watch him. He's in his own little world isn't he? At one point, before RVM, they were gonna play Betterman. The tech brought Stone's acoustic out, then the band kicked into RVM. Stone looked confused, then shrugged his shoulders, handed the acoustic back, got the electric, but before he started playing, he had to blow his nose. After that he took a few swigs of beer, then joined in with the band towards the end of the first verse.

6. Release 11 songs into the show was kinda neat. I like that they've done this now a few times this tour between Release and Long Road.

7. Porch. Lately, I've been praising a short and sweet RVM from San Sebastian 2000. Porch was like that in Philly since they were doing the whole album in sequence. They jammed, but it wasn't like an 9 or 10 minute version of the song, it seemed shorter, although I haven't seen the actual length (my guess is like 6 minutes).

Some meh / not so great moments.

1. Herky jerky set-list after Ten. It felt disjointed and never recaptured the vibe from the Ten > Breakerfall run.

2. Corduroy. This call / response breakdown thing in the middle was terrible. It needs to stop now.

3. Ed's voice during the 1st encore was like Ed imitating Scott Stapp imitating Ed. Bee Girl, Just Breathe, and All or None were like that to me.

4. Covers. Drop the covers and play more stuff of your albums. I'd gladly trade the 4 or 5 covers for one each from Vitalogy, No Code, Yield, Binaural, and RA.

5. Matt's drumming overall. Man, would it kill him to lift the highhat some and let the groove in. He came off super sterile on some songs.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 8:27 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

darth_vedder wrote:
2. Corduroy. This call / response breakdown thing in the middle was terrible. It needs to stop now.

There isn't much I didn't like from the two shows I was at, but at one of them he did this. I don't like it one bit in this song.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 8:28 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Oh, there was also a fun moment when during Just Breathe, Stone was sitting by Matt. Stone was mimicking some power chords and headbangin, and Matt was doing some super fast air drumming. Not sure what that was about, but it was kinda fun to see, and added to the things I liked about being on Stone's side. Maybe I'm Stone's Bitch?

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 8:29 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

darth_vedder wrote:
Oh, there was also a fun moment when during Just Breathe, Stone was sitting by Matt. Stone was mimicking some power chords and headbangin, and Matt was doing some super fast air drumming. Not sure what that was about, but it was kinda fun to see, and added to the things I liked about being on Stone's side. Maybe I'm Stone's Bitch?

after 4 or 5 shows in a row on Stone's side, I was happy to be on Mike's side this tour.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 8:35 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:

after 4 or 5 shows in a row on Stone's side, I was happy to be on Mike's side this tour.

Haha, yeah, Mikes side was definitely more wild. My last show (Baltimore 2013) I was on Mikes side in GA and it was definitely more energetic. However, being in between Stone and Ed, was more energetic than just being on Stone's side. Ed worked the crowd in the middle right pretty good.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 8:38 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Mike's a show stealer. He works the crowd, with hits and misses. But he likes to have the eyes on him. The Stone and Ed combo is a great one-two punch, but definitely less flashy. How many times do you really wanna watch Ed try and do a 5th grade toe touch?

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 8:42 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

bodysnatcher wrote:
Mike's a show stealer. He works the crowd, with hits and misses. But he likes to have the eyes on him. The Stone and Ed combo is a great one-two punch, but definitely less flashy. How many times do you really wanna watch Ed try and do a 5th grade toe touch?

Not much. Same with him jumping around. He's over 50 now, I don't want to see him like this:

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 10:40 pm 
Major Dude

Ha! Axl's promoting the Foo Fighters every show by sitting in that thing.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 3:58 am 
for those who
are not...shall be

bodysnatcher wrote:

alot

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 3:59 am 
for those who
are not...shall be

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:

it all depends, on the angle that the speakers hit you. If you are between speakers, there will be mud

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 11:56 pm 
The Master

Ed sounds pretty choked up by the 3rd verse.

beautiful version.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 2:23 pm 
A Return To Form

Yeah. That Release was very powerful. Hearing it at the end of Ten like that again really puts it into context

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 1:56 am 
Looks Like a Cat

opsopcopolis wrote:
Yeah. That Release was very powerful. Hearing it at the end of Ten like that again really puts it into context

Possibly the highlight of the shows I saw this tour. It felt like Ed really meant the words this time... Like it somehow was still new to him...

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 2:20 am 
Looks Like a Cat

I've been to 2 shows where he's cried

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 2:21 am 
Poster of the Year

Ed's a bitch.

PostPosted: Sat October 10, 2020 9:00 pm 
"Supersonic sucks."

Quote:

https://nugs.tv/live-webcasts/5,321/Pea ... ml#start=1

On the 30th anniversary of Pearl Jam's first live performance at Seattle’s Off Ramp (October 22), the band will stream its historic April 29, 2016 show from the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia on Nugs.net.

The three-hour performance kicked off with Pearl Jam’s debut album, “Ten” played in its entirety. Pearl Jam has partnered with Nugs.net to present this full color 32-song set, mixed in stereo and 5.1 digital surround sound by Pearl Jam Producer, Josh Evans. Never-seen-before footage captured on 11 HD cameras by videographer Blue Leach and edited by PJ archivist Kevin Shuss.

This pay-per-view streaming event will be available on Nugs.net beginning on Thursday, October 22nd 5PM PT through Sunday, October 25th at 11:59 PM PT.

Presented by SONOS

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live