The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 357 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2016-05-01: New York, New York
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 3:50 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

mikejasond wrote:
wease wrote:
mikejasond wrote:
I just think playing Binaural all the way through will disappoint most of the crowd. Anything after yield would honestly.

I think the crowd would go absolutely wild. It would be my top pick for the next album-in-sequence show. (Yes, I say this even with the fact I hate NaiS). What would be even more cool is if they threw in the outtakes from the album, as well.

The crowd is great but its the big hits from Ten, Vs, Vitalogy that get the best reactions, Jeremy, Black, Alive, Even Flow, Release, Why Go....always the biggest reactions. I cant see many people going crazy for EVACUAAAAAAAAAAATIOooooooooooooon.

You greatly underestimate the middle-aged Pearl Jam fans, which make up 90% of us.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 3:51 pm 
Future Drummer

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
mikejasond wrote:
wease wrote:
mikejasond wrote:
I just think playing Binaural all the way through will disappoint most of the crowd. Anything after yield would honestly.

I think the crowd would go absolutely wild. It would be my top pick for the next album-in-sequence show. (Yes, I say this even with the fact I hate NaiS). What would be even more cool is if they threw in the outtakes from the album, as well.

The crowd is great but its the big hits from Ten, Vs, Vitalogy that get the best reactions, Jeremy, Black, Alive, Even Flow, Release, Why Go....always the biggest reactions. I cant see many people going crazy for EVACUAAAAAAAAAAATIOooooooooooooon.

You greatly underestimate the middle-aged Pearl Jam fans, which make up 90% of us.

Sure, but being there live yesterday, as much as the crowd is into every song, its those big songs that get/got the hugest reaction

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 3:53 pm 
Future Drummer

Bi_3 wrote:
Binaural was the hitless wonder for PJ, I agree it's not something for an MSG crowd.

Yeah there's like nothing to get excited for on the entire album. And almost nothing that fans can even sing along with on an entire 13 song run...that's going to be brutal for the show's momentum live. Maybe Light Years I guess? These songs work best thrown in randomly, a whole run of it would just be ughhhh

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 4:01 pm 
Stone's Bitch

EJ wrote:
I welcome the idea of a Stip guest appearance though.

Now this would be great.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 4:03 pm 
Stone's Bitch

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Strat wrote:
Lightning bolt blew the roof off that dump.

Yeah I was pleasantly surprised at how well this song was at the shows I was at and also how well it was received. I'm really coming around to this one because of it. And MYM.

Except for the Wrigley performance (which was an abomination before the Lord), LB has really taken off in the live setting. It was even great when they did it on Fallon.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 4:05 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

evenslow wrote:
EJ wrote:

Now this would be great.

He could give live updates on his rankings of the songs they've played so far.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 4:06 pm 
Stone's Bitch

wease wrote:
mikejasond wrote:

This would work much much better in a club setting than at Madison Square Garden. Binaural is not meant for a full run-through in that venue. If they did it somewhere like the Showbox it would be absolutely epic.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 4:07 pm 
Stone's Bitch

EJ wrote:
evenslow wrote:
EJ wrote:

Now this would be great.

And constantly yell Backspacer requests in Ed's ear.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 4:12 pm 
Future Drummer

EJ wrote:
evenslow wrote:
EJ wrote:

Now this would be great.

I gave live updates and everyone yelled at me to watch the show

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 4:12 pm 
Stone's Bitch

mikejasond wrote:
EJ wrote:
evenslow wrote:
EJ wrote:

Now this would be great.

:haha:

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 4:13 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

mikejasond wrote:
EJ wrote:
evenslow wrote:
EJ wrote:

Now this would be great.

You weren't ranking the songs with full and half stars.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 4:39 pm 
The worst

Strat wrote:
Being able to watch Ed work the crowd from
Seats behind the stage was great. I now get why he does what he does. It's not great to listen on the boots but good god does he gets that crowd in the palm of his hand. He really loves what he is doing. I actually enjoyed RITFW. Like - a lot

There's this weird disconnect. They release all the shows on boots, and that is clearly a large part of the fanbase, but the shows are constructed for the being there experience, and they are unquestionably masterful at creating that. It just doesn't translate onto the boots.

Running TSIS Review

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 4:42 pm 
The worst

EJ wrote:
mikejasond wrote:
EJ wrote:
evenslow wrote:
EJ wrote:

Now this would be great.

You weren't ranking the songs with full and half stars.

I'm working on a spreadsheet so I can rank each song against previously attended live appearances.

Running TSIS Review

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 7:12 pm 
Stone's Bitch

stip wrote:
Strat wrote:
Being able to watch Ed work the crowd from
Seats behind the stage was great. I now get why he does what he does. It's not great to listen on the boots but good god does he gets that crowd in the palm of his hand. He really loves what he is doing. I actually enjoyed RITFW. Like - a lot

There's this weird disconnect. They release all the shows on boots, and that is clearly a large part of the fanbase, but the shows are constructed for the being there experience, and they are unquestionably masterful at creating that. It just doesn't translate onto the boots.

yes this

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 8:10 pm 
Future Drummer

This is way late in coming (because you guys wouldnt let me comment last night :( ) but I feel like they shouldnt play UK and LB on the same show.

Also I LIKE lightning bolt (and it got a surprisingly good reaction when it started) but Id rather they not put it in the encore 2. It doesnt fit there to me, and not just because Eddie was practically just moving his mouth by the end.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 8:16 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

mikejasond wrote:
This is way late in coming (because you guys wouldnt let me comment last night :( ) but I feel like they shouldnt play UK and LB on the same show.

Also I LIKE lightning bolt (and it got a surprisingly good reaction when it started) but Id rather they not put it in the encore 2. It doesnt fit there to me, and not just because Eddie was practically just moving his mouth by the end.

Dude, comment all you want during the show. It just felt like you were posting more than watching the show and you gotta enjoy the show and forget about the outside world for 3 hours. That is what I love about a PJ show. IDGAF about anything else during the show. But please don't let us hold you back from posting from the show...

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 8:16 pm 
Poster of the Year

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
mikejasond wrote:

Dude, comment all you want during the show. It just felt like you were posting more than watching the show and you gotta enjoy the show and forget about the outside world for 3 hours. That is what I love about a PJ show. IDGAF about anything else during the show. But please don't let us hold you back from posting from the show...

TLDR: Do what you want, I just disapprove of what you do.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 8:19 pm 

cutuphalfdead wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
mikejasond wrote:

My 5 sentences were tl;dr? wtf chud

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 8:20 pm 
Poster of the Year

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
mikejasond wrote:

I should have gone with summary instead of TLDR, sorry brudd.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 8:23 pm 

cutuphalfdead wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
mikejasond wrote:

I should have gone with summary instead of TLDR, sorry brudd.

No problem. These are stressful times.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 357 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live