The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: 2016-04-18: Hampton, Virginia
PostPosted: Wed April 20, 2016 3:59 pm 
The Master

Chloe wrote:
Strat wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Chloe wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
kreng wrote:
i wonder how many people thought they were getting Yield after Brain Of J / Faithful. part of me thinks they did this on purpose to fuck with people.

Chloe and i were waiting to see if no way came out next for sure, but i didnt expect it because they already played that one once front to back

Uh, yeah!
I thought for sure No Way was coming... since Doc knows what guitars they play on each song he knew No Way wasn't next when Stone picked up whatever guitar he plays for I Am Mine.

Haha doc you nerd

Spoiler: show
jk, I'm the same way :oops:

Me too! but i play guitar and am awesome.

Also, stone plays an acoustic on I Am Mine

Yeah, I don't give a shit what guitar they play as long as it sounds sweet and Ed doesn't fuck up the lyrics 8-)

lol.

PostPosted: Wed April 20, 2016 5:41 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

So im thinking back on this show and really liking what we got, especially under the circumstances. now while this may not be the rarest set of the tour so far there are some real Gems here, mainly Faithful, Sad, Habit, In My Tree and Breath. The Bands demeanor was very noticeably different from the previous show in Greenville, Ed especially looked pretty unhappy and understandably so after the decision they had announced just a few hours earlier, so at that point it was hard to say what kinda show they were gonna play, but it turned out to be a very good imo Pearl Jam show, the anger or whatever you want to call it really seemed to make the opening few songs even more aggressive before slowing a bit with Faithful and I Am Mine. Ed threw little bits and pieces into some of the songs to reference the NC stuff especially in the ending to Wishlist, and i really appreciated hearing his feelings on the situation before playing a really nice version of Patriot, i was pretty mad about the decision even though i wasnt going to the Raleigh show because of the fact that they were sort of punishing a large group of people who most likely have the same feelings as the band, but after thinking it over in the few hours before the show and after listening to Ed i really understood the decision. Another real Highlight for me was the Its Ok tag on Daughter, ive only gotten that once and it was at PJ20 when i was way out on the lawn, so it was real nice to hear it and get to watch the band up close for it, and while it might not be a favorite song of mine, i really like Inside Job live so that was another treat. the only slight disappointment with the show was just that, very slight, Ed asked if anyone had an requests before playing In My Tree and Chloe and i were really hoping for Black Red Yellow, especially since there was a guy near the front with a BRY flag that ed had seen a few times before that point, but that one seems like it will always be out of our reach, but IMT is a favorite of mine so always good to hear live. As with most PJ shows there were a few flubs by Ed, but the only one that was overly noticeable was during Sleeping By Myself where Ed completely forgot the part where the Uke comes in and he actually stopped to try and remember it and finish it correctly, and i actually really got a kick out of it, and like that he made the effort, it didnt ruin it for me at all.

overall it was probably a middle of the road show for me, but i was in the same room as my favorite band for almost 3 and a half hours, and by the end of the show they all seemed to be in very good spirits as did the crowd, so while i might always go in hoping for super rare stuff and things i havent heard before, i mainly want to see the band have a great time and be thoroughly entertained for as long as they can go and it was a total success.

PostPosted: Wed April 20, 2016 5:51 pm 
The Master

Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
So im thinking back on this show and really liking what we got, especially under the circumstances. now while this may not be the rarest set of the tour so far there are some real Gems here, mainly Faithful, Sad, Habit, In My Tree and Breath. The Bands demeanor was very noticeably different from the previous show in Greenville, Ed especially looked pretty unhappy and understandably so after the decision they had announced just a few hours earlier, so at that point it was hard to say what kinda show they were gonna play, but it turned out to be a very good imo Pearl Jam show, the anger or whatever you want to call it really seemed to make the opening few songs even more aggressive before slowing a bit with Faithful and I Am Mine. Ed threw little bits and pieces into some of the songs to reference the NC stuff especially in the ending to Wishlist, and i really appreciated hearing his feelings on the situation before playing a really nice version of Patriot, i was pretty mad about the decision even though i wasnt going to the Raleigh show because of the fact that they were sort of punishing a large group of people who most likely have the same feelings as the band, but after thinking it over in the few hours before the show and after listening to Ed i really understood the decision. Another real Highlight for me was the Its Ok tag on Daughter, ive only gotten that once and it was at PJ20 when i was way out on the lawn, so it was real nice to hear it and get to watch the band up close for it, and while it might not be a favorite song of mine, i really like Inside Job live so that was another treat. the only slight disappointment with the show was just that, very slight, Ed asked if anyone had an requests before playing In My Tree and Chloe and i were really hoping for Black Red Yellow, especially since there was a guy near the front with a BRY flag that ed had seen a few times before that point, but that one seems like it will always be out of our reach, but IMT is a favorite of mine so always good to hear live. As with most PJ shows there were a few flubs by Ed, but the only one that was overly noticeable was during Sleeping By Myself where Ed completely forgot the part where the Uke comes in and he actually stopped to try and remember it and finish it correctly, and i actually really got a kick out of it, and like that he made the effort, it didnt ruin it for me at all.

overall it was probably a middle of the road show for me, but i was in the same room as my favorite band for almost 3 and a half hours, and by the end of the show they all seemed to be in very good spirits as did the crowd, so while i might always go in hoping for super rare stuff and things i havent heard before, i mainly want to see the band have a great time and be thoroughly entertained for as long as they can go and it was a total success.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Super looking forward to MSG!

PostPosted: Wed April 20, 2016 6:35 pm 
The Master

Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed April 20, 2016 8:17 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Entire Show was uploaded to Youtube:

Pretty good quality for being less than 48 hours out...

PostPosted: Fri April 22, 2016 8:27 pm 
Major Dude

Birds in Hell wrote:
What with breaking out that beautiful vintage Jazzmaster for Little Wing, it seems he's changing it up a little on this tour.

I just remembered, he also played his Les Paul on glorified G. That was really strange b

PostPosted: Sat April 23, 2016 1:04 pm 
Banned from the Pit

Some video I did............ In My Tree

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQ6dS1S ... e=youtu.be

PostPosted: Sun April 24, 2016 1:27 am 
"Supersonic sucks."

datfly wrote:
Some video I did............ In My Tree

:nice:

PostPosted: Sun April 24, 2016 10:09 am 
Poster of the Year

Shit, maybe they're good this tour.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 6:25 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

scottmusic wrote:
Entire Show was uploaded to Youtube:

Pretty good quality for being less than 48 hours out...

I liked this quite a bit. Almost perfect set list as well.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live