The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Lets talk about the 2009 tour
PostPosted: Sat June 01, 2013 12:17 am 
tl;dr

You can blame the material; I blame Pearl Jam's dumb-assed fanbase for not knowing how to conduct themselves when faced with quieter, more nuanced material and maintain they probably would have done the same thing during "Sleight of Hand" and "Hard to Imagine."

PostPosted: Sat June 01, 2013 12:30 am 
Poster of the Year

Kevin Davis wrote:
You can blame the material; I blame Pearl Jam's dumb-assed fanbase for not knowing how to conduct themselves when faced with quieter, more nuanced material and maintain they probably would have done the same thing during "Sleight of Hand" and "Hard to Imagine."

Pearl Jam fans are the worst.

PostPosted: Sat June 01, 2013 1:46 am 
AnalLog

Kevin Davis wrote:

Probably, but I think "Hard to Imagine" would have gotten the fans more worked up than fucking "Speed of Sound". I would have rather heard the Coldplay song of the same name.

You're right, though.

PostPosted: Sat June 01, 2013 1:56 am 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

bluestate wrote:
It was torture to be standing there watching my favorite band in what should've been one of the greatest moments of my life, while my favorite team was letting the World Series slip away to my most hated team in the universe... torture. I felt like something special was stolen from me that night. Even PJ couldn't make me feel better.

Really now.

PostPosted: Sat June 01, 2013 2:45 am 
Looks Like a Cat

theplatypus wrote:
bluestate wrote:
It was torture to be standing there watching my favorite band in what should've been one of the greatest moments of my life, while my favorite team was letting the World Series slip away to my most hated team in the universe... torture. I felt like something special was stolen from me that night. Even PJ couldn't make me feel better.

Really now.

I don't get sports.

PostPosted: Sat June 01, 2013 3:00 am 
Rank This Poster
 WWW  Profile

Birds in Hell wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
bluestate wrote:

Really now.

I don't get sports.

Cricket is good.

PostPosted: Sat June 01, 2013 3:02 am 
Poster of the Year

WtOB? wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
bluestate wrote:

Really now.

I don't get sports.

Cricket is good.

Yeah but you can do more damage with a baseball bat.

PostPosted: Sat June 01, 2013 4:37 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

I think all this just goes to show how baseball ruins everything.

PostPosted: Sun June 16, 2013 3:49 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

I was at Chicago for both nights in 2009. I really, really enjoyed those shows, and still do on boots.

Night one's end of the first set was as riled up as PJ has ever gotten me - last three songs in that set were Insignificance, Got Some and StBC. I was hype as hell.

My wife, fiancé at the time, is very into Neil Young and the Who, so these shows had plenty for her. Love Reign O'er Me, The Real Me x2, Needle and the Damage Done, Fuckin Up were all played.

PostPosted: Tue June 25, 2013 6:07 pm 
Broken Tamborine
 WWW  Profile

Haven't posted here in a long time. Was reading threads at the pit a few minutes ago but had to get the fuck out of there. That place is a bigger shit show than I remembered.

Anyway, I actually threw on an '09 bootleg last night before going to sleep. I have the box set of this tour but most of the discs remain in the packaging. For whatever reason I decided to open up the Perth boot and tossed Disc 1 in the player. I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised. I think the pace and flow of the setlist is great, the tightness of the performance is great, and Ed's voice is actually not tooo bad for an '09 show. I even enjoyed Unthought Known, what the fuck is going on?! I will move on to Disc 2 tonight, where I am pessimistically (or realistically) expecting some typical buzz-killing encores. I hope I am wrong.

Cheers

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 12:05 am 
Champion of RM

The Spectrum 4 set list is in the latest issue of Deep. What was the first song in the first encore? I can't make it out.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 12:19 am 
Future Drummer

"Bruce Song?"

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 2:22 am 
jeeeesus relax already

ACL 09 was a blast. Ill never forget that one...

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 4:48 pm 
Champion of RM

AndySlash wrote:
"Bruce Song?"

One for sale. Mike's. $300

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 6:22 pm 
Future Drummer

corduroy2121 wrote:
huh?? they just won the World Series the year before. you really let yourself get that depressed over not winning it again? if you allowed that to ruin a Pearl Jam concert for you, that's a real shame

Pearl Jam themselves opened that door by having can-can girls parade around with scorecards.

And regardless, they performed like shit all 4 nights. I have never seen a bigger rift between fan reaction to a set of shows and what actually occurred onstage.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 6:31 pm 
Champion of RM

:facepalm:

Your never ending quest continues.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 6:42 pm 
Poster of the Year

Just admit that he's right.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 6:46 pm 
AnalLog

The Ridgefield show I saw on this tour was actually quite good. I'd say it's in the top 3-4 shows on the US leg of the tour, and definitely one of the 2-3 tightest shows. I was surprised.

For my money though the three best shows of the entire 2009 tour are the last three, Brisbane, Auckland and Christchurch. I pretty much don't ever pull out any shows from this tour other than those three and Ridgefield.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 6:49 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

matt reeder wrote:
The Ridgefield show I saw on this tour was actually quite good. I'd say it's in the top 3-4 shows on the US leg of the tour, and definitely one of the 2-3 tightest shows. I was surprised.

For my money though the three best shows of the entire 2009 tour are the last three, Brisbane, Auckland and Christchurch. I pretty much don't ever pull out any shows from this tour other than those three and Ridgefield.

That Ridgefield show was way better than either Seattle show I was at a couple of nights earlier.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 6:55 pm 
Champion of RM

cutuphalfdead wrote:
Just admit that he's right.

No one was praising those shows. He decided to reply to a post from over 3 years ago just to bash it again. Just admit that he's on a never ending quest to bash these shows.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live