The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 468 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: Same-Sex Marriage
PostPosted: Wed September 09, 2015 6:43 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

This is a huge waste of energy. We should be focused on crushing religious bakers and florists because those bigots don't have state pensions to fall back on.

PostPosted: Thu September 10, 2015 2:41 am 
The Master

holy fucking goddamn shit.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/09/what-a- ... hypocrisy/

Quote:
“What a puke. Christians simply want for the government to stay out of our Christian beliefs instead of imprisoning us when our beliefs go against the invented rights of a lawless Supreme Court. And then he calls us hypocrites for not wanting Muslim theocracy in our country, suggesting we want to push our Christian values on the government? Does he know anything about how this country was founded? Has he ever read the Constitution or the Declaration of Independence? What an idiot.”

PostPosted: Thu September 10, 2015 2:01 pm 
Future Drummer

Strat wrote:
holy fucking goddamn shit.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/09/what-a- ... hypocrisy/

Quote:
“What a puke. Christians simply want for the government to stay out of our Christian beliefs instead of imprisoning us when our beliefs go against the invented rights of a lawless Supreme Court. And then he calls us hypocrites for not wanting Muslim theocracy in our country, suggesting we want to push our Christian values on the government? Does he know anything about how this country was founded? Has he ever read the Constitution or the Declaration of Independence? What an idiot.”

This sums it up pretty well

Quote:
No one’s being jailed for practicing her religion. Someone’s being jailed for using the government to force others to practice her religion.

— Rachel Held Evans (@rachelheldevans) September 3, 2015

PostPosted: Thu September 10, 2015 3:51 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

“Smith seems not to understand the difference between Christianity, a foundation of the American system that protects religious rights and liberty, and Islam, an authoritarian religion which wants to impose its values on others,” Kincaid writes.

Solid gold.

PostPosted: Thu September 10, 2015 4:18 pm 
The Master

McParadigm wrote:
“Smith seems not to understand the difference between Christianity, a foundation of the American system that protects religious rights and liberty, and Islam, an authoritarian religion which wants to impose its values on others,” Kincaid writes.

Solid gold.

:facepalm: Where do you even start with someone like that?

PostPosted: Thu September 10, 2015 4:38 pm 
The Master

that is the most maddening article ive ever seen on the internet of all time. how can people be that dumb?

PostPosted: Fri September 11, 2015 6:31 pm 
The Master

Oh boy

http://www.forwardprogressives.com/righ ... kim-davis/

PostPosted: Fri September 11, 2015 6:48 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

At least no rabid foxes will get her.

PostPosted: Fri September 11, 2015 10:38 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Mike Huckabee is an evil motherfucker: http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show ... w-the-land

Quote:
While defending Kentucky Clerk Kim Davis’s refusal to issue marriage licenses out of her religious opposition to same-sex marriage, Mike Huckabee said Wednesday that the Supreme Court’s 1857 ruling in Dred Scott v. Sandford – which held that all blacks, free or enslaved, could not be American citizens – is still the law of the land even though no one follows it. […]

“I’ve been just drilled by TV hosts over the past week, ‘How dare you say that, uh, it’s not the law of the land?’” Huckabee said. “Because that’s their phrase, ‘it’s the law of the land.’ Michael, the Dred Scott decision of 1857 still remains to this day the law of the land which says that black people aren’t fully human. Does anybody still follow the Dred Scott Supreme Court decision?”

I almost typed: "Mike Huckabee is a stupid motherfucker." But he's not stupid. He knows this isn't the case. He knows that the 13th and 14th amendments make that court order null and void--just like, if the people of the US really wanted to define marriage as between one man and one woman, they could have the legislatures draft and ratify a 28th amendment to make Obergfell obsolete--but he knows that most people whose ear he has don't have this sort of grasp on civics, so vague memories of things they once heard about in high school history class can be persuasive. And he's using that so he can sell more books and get another talk show gig where he can whine about "activist judges" and thank God for releasing Kim Davis when really it was a procedural thing (the judge had to let her out, since her deputies were giving licenses). Fuck Mike Huckabee in his stupid fucking face.

PostPosted: Fri September 11, 2015 11:15 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

Let's kill him.

PostPosted: Fri September 11, 2015 11:44 pm 
Site Admin

Simple Torture wrote:
Mike Huckabee is an evil motherfucker: http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show ... w-the-land

Quote:
While defending Kentucky Clerk Kim Davis’s refusal to issue marriage licenses out of her religious opposition to same-sex marriage, Mike Huckabee said Wednesday that the Supreme Court’s 1857 ruling in Dred Scott v. Sandford – which held that all blacks, free or enslaved, could not be American citizens – is still the law of the land even though no one follows it. […]

“I’ve been just drilled by TV hosts over the past week, ‘How dare you say that, uh, it’s not the law of the land?’” Huckabee said. “Because that’s their phrase, ‘it’s the law of the land.’ Michael, the Dred Scott decision of 1857 still remains to this day the law of the land which says that black people aren’t fully human. Does anybody still follow the Dred Scott Supreme Court decision?”

I almost typed: "Mike Huckabee is a stupid motherfucker." But he's not stupid. He knows this isn't the case. He knows that the 13th and 14th amendments make that court order null and void--just like, if the people of the US really wanted to define marriage as between one man and one woman, they could have the legislatures draft and ratify a 28th amendment to make Obergfell obsolete--but he knows that most people whose ear he has don't have this sort of grasp on civics, so vague memories of things they once heard about in high school history class can be persuasive. And he's using that so he can sell more books and get another talk show gig where he can whine about "activist judges" and thank God for releasing Kim Davis when really it was a procedural thing (the judge had to let her out, since her deputies were giving licenses). Fuck Mike Huckabee in his stupid fucking face.
I did a search on what I said about Huckabee in the past and I wasn't disappointed. I'm guessing there's even more enmity I've expressed in the archives. Fuck that guy--among contemporary Republicans Santorum might be the only one that can come close in that category.

PostPosted: Sat September 12, 2015 12:59 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

Santorum might be slime, but I don't think he's as underhanded as Huckabee, ya know? He's got that Catholic frankness where he just throws up his hands and goes, "That's just the way things are! Sorry!" Huckabee is much more manipulative, because he can bring different faces to bear to speak to different audiences.

PostPosted: Sat September 12, 2015 1:47 am 
Banned from the Pit

Im.sitting.home watcing..gay.usa news channewel....why does.this news.show look like its.run by.conservatives...no flash...no color..wheres the flash...the one guy looks lleslie nielson

PostPosted: Mon September 14, 2015 7:30 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

New Billboard in Kim Davis' hometown of Morehead, Ky.

PostPosted: Tue September 15, 2015 1:44 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

Looks like Kim Davis made them change the marriage licenses so that her name isn't on them. So, in other words, she gave up.

PostPosted: Tue September 15, 2015 12:45 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Simple Torture wrote:
Looks like Kim Davis made them change the marriage licenses so that her name isn't on them. So, in other words, she gave up.

But she also said she isn't sure if they are binding if her name isn't on them.

PostPosted: Tue September 15, 2015 3:17 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:

I'm not sure anyone gives a shit what she thinks.

PostPosted: Tue September 15, 2015 3:45 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

B wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:

But if that turns out to be true that without her name they aren't legally binding, then she really didn't give in at all.

PostPosted: Tue September 15, 2015 4:40 pm 
The Master

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
B wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:

But if that turns out to be true that without her name they aren't legally binding, then she really didn't give in at all.

Oh she gave in alright.

PostPosted: Tue September 15, 2015 5:10 pm 

Strat wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
B wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:

Oh she gave in alright.

good talk guys

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 468 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 24  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate