The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 396 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: South Park
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:55 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

So, I was kinda wondering where this show had gone. The past few years the show had done the split season thing with 7 shows in the Spring and 7 shows in the Fall.

Then I came across this:
"You might think that after all they’ve accomplished, they would be ready to step back a bit, and this is essentially true. Don’t worry, they aren’t going to actually kill Kenny, who for years was done away with in every episode. But “South Park,” which generally has been produced in two batches of seven episodes for a total of 14 every year, will be cut back to a single run of 10 episodes, beginning on Sept. 25."

Less South Park sucks. And I kinda liked having 2 mini-seasons to look forward to. :(

Post subject: Re: South Park
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 6:01 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

im watching the old chapters....fuck, its like im a new fan...They are awesome.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 6:20 pm 
Future Drummer

when march/april came around and 1) there was no new episode promos and 2) no dvd release of the last season i, too, wondered what was up only to find out the show was being cut back. i still think the show is damn good, so it's disappointing in that regard. sure there are a few duds every season, but to me they still put out quality shows with writing and humor nobody else can do as well. unfortunately i fully expect the show will be done in 2016 when their contract runs out.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:05 pm 
A Return To Form

turned2black wrote:
So, I was kinda wondering where this show had gone. The past few years the show had done the split season thing with 7 shows in the Spring and 7 shows in the Fall.

Then I came across this:
"You might think that after all they’ve accomplished, they would be ready to step back a bit, and this is essentially true. Don’t worry, they aren’t going to actually kill Kenny, who for years was done away with in every episode. But “South Park,” which generally has been produced in two batches of seven episodes for a total of 14 every year, will be cut back to a single run of 10 episodes, beginning on Sept. 25."

Less South Park sucks. And I kinda liked having 2 mini-seasons to look forward to. :(

So, are getting two 5-episode arcs? Or one giant 10-episode arc?

It has been such a disappointment to see this show abandoned by Trey & Matt the last few years.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:00 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

stonefury wrote:
It has been such a disappointment to see this show abandoned by Trey & Matt the last few years.

To my knowledge, Trey has written and directed every episode for the last 10 years and about 90% of the episodes before then. I would doubt they will ever relinquish creative control of the show.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:28 pm 
A Return To Form

turned2black wrote:
stonefury wrote:

To my knowledge, Trey has written and directed every episode for the last 10 years and about 90% of the episodes before then. I would doubt they will ever relinquish creative control of the show.

I meant it in the sense of how little time they put into it compared to other projects/interests.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:06 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

stonefury wrote:
turned2black wrote:
stonefury wrote:

I meant it in the sense of how little time they put into it compared to other projects/interests.

I'm all for them doing other projects if it keeps Trey creatively engaged. Writing about the same characters for 16 years must get fucking old and I would imagine that coming back to South Park for just a few months every year keeps it interesting. Not to mention the fact that their "other projects" have all been pretty stellar.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 5:46 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

turned2black wrote:
I'm all for them doing other projects if it keeps Trey creatively engaged. Writing about the same characters for 16 years must get fucking old and I would imagine that coming back to South Park for just a few months every year keeps it interesting. Not to mention the fact that their "other projects" have all been pretty stellar.

Yup.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 6:00 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

just finished that chapter were Butters is forced to dressed as a girl and stole their " time device".

Incredible.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 6:01 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

VinylGuy wrote:
just finished that chapter were Butters is forced to dressed as a girl and stole their " time device".

Incredible.

That's a great one. Most Butters episodes are Grade A.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 6:20 pm 
A Return To Form

turned2black wrote:
stonefury wrote:
turned2black wrote:
stonefury wrote:

I don't view the last few years as very creative, though. So I will agree to disagree with you on that point.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 1:14 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

stonefury wrote:
turned2black wrote:
stonefury wrote:
turned2black wrote:
stonefury wrote:

I don't view the last few years as very creative, though. So I will agree to disagree with you on that point.

I think the last few years have been very clever and creative. Season 14 (The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs, Medicinal Fried Chicken, You Have 0 Friends, Crippled Summer and Crème Fraiche among others) in particular was great. If anything they seem to sacrifice a few laughs for a good story line. Trey's growth as a writer has been awesome to watch.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 1:25 am 
Rank This Poster
 WWW  Profile

turned2black wrote:
stonefury wrote:
turned2black wrote:
stonefury wrote:
turned2black wrote:
stonefury wrote:

I think the last few years have been very clever and creative. Season 14 (The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs, Medicinal Fried Chicken, You Have 0 Friends, Crippled Summer and Crème Fraiche among others) in particular was great. If anything they seem to sacrifice a few laughs for a good story line. Trey's growth as a writer has been awesome to watch.

Seasons 13 and 15 were unbearably awful, aside from 1 or 2 episodes.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 1:28 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

The only South Park I've seen in the last 10 years was the "Getting Old" set, and that justified a season's worth of crap all by itself.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 2:04 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

WtOB? wrote:
Seasons 13 and 15 were unbearably awful, aside from 1 or 2 episodes.

Season 13 was awesome. The Ring (Jonas Bros./Mickey Mouse), Eat, Pray, Queef, Butters' Bottom Bitch (in my top 10 SP episodes), Margaritaville and Pee (the waterpark episode) were all fantastic.

Season 15 wasn't great.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:41 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

I dont think Matt and/or Trey half ass anything. I think they would end South Park if they weren't still in to it. thats all i can say right now.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 5:07 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Just noticed that this will no longer be streaming on Netflix after today. :(

I hate streaming from the South Park Studios website.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 5:52 pm 
Future Drummer

turned2black wrote:

damn. :/ guess i'll have use for the dvds after all.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 6:13 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

turned2black wrote:

why?

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 7:38 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

VinylGuy wrote:
turned2black wrote:

why?

commercials and less reliability, for me.

"Getting Old" episodes were really good, even though the season that preceded them was subpar. And I love "Margaritaville". I like the earlier seasons of the show more, but there are some genius moments/episodes in later seasons. The early seasons are a product of a different time, both in the world and in the show's progression. I'll give them credit for dropping some funny themes instead of wearing them thin. And of course, you can't change the loss of Chef.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 396 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment