The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Food & Dining

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 416 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: HOT sauce thread
PostPosted: Tue December 09, 2014 5:28 pm 
AnalLog

We had a couple of friends over last weekend and since I made some freeform eastern-type sauté, there was the Sriracha bottle on the table. They knew about it and used it parcimoniously while I poured a sizeable quantity over my meal. Talks about hot sauce ensued and the guy (who was becoming increasingly inebriated/intoxicated as the soirée went on) became interested in tasting that "hottest sauce in the world". I brought him the bottle of Blair's Ultra Death, he dipped one of his chopsticks in it, and, after I prevented him to lick the entire semi-coagulated-red thing that dripped off it, took a reasonnable drop on the top of his tongue. In the first moments he was kind of proud yet apprehensive because I had told him what to expect but then the heat kicked in increasingly for 3 minutes - by then he found it unbearable, his head became red and he was salivating some might say classlessly. He wandered helplessly around the table for a good ten minutes - it was hilarious. I would have told him how a pussy he looked like if he hadn't been already crying lol.

PostPosted: Tue December 09, 2014 9:03 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

mastaflatch wrote:
We had a couple of friends over last weekend and since I made some freeform eastern-type sauté, there was the Sriracha bottle on the table. They knew about it and used it parcimoniously while I poured a sizeable quantity over my meal. Talks about hot sauce ensued and the guy (who was becoming increasingly inebriated/intoxicated as the soirée went on) became interested in tasting that "hottest sauce in the world". I brought him the bottle of Blair's Ultra Death, he dipped one of his chopsticks in it, and, after I prevented him to lick the entire semi-coagulated-red thing that dripped off it, took a reasonnable drop on the top of his tongue. In the first moments he was kind of proud yet apprehensive because I had told him what to expect but then the heat kicked in increasingly for 3 minutes - by then he found it unbearable, his head became red and he was salivating some might say classlessly. He wandered helplessly around the table for a good ten minutes - it was hilarious. I would have told him how a pussy he looked like if he hadn't been already crying lol.

sunburnt as*holes, amirite?

PostPosted: Tue December 09, 2014 9:35 pm 
AnalLog

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
mastaflatch wrote:

sunburnt as*holes, amirite?

superficiallyrite :)

PostPosted: Tue February 10, 2015 1:35 am 
what on earth am I talking about

i bought nthis stuff with all these high hopes of making the famous buffalo wings from a local restaurant..now ive been warned not to use it cos ill get the runs if i do..should i use it?

heres the recipe
Elephant and Castle Chicken Wings Recipe
14 January 2009 at 09:08
(Probably not the exact recipe they use in the restaurant, but you won't be able to tell the difference).

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes

Ingredients:
36 chicken wing pieces (one wing makes 2 pieces - the "flat" and the "drum")
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
Mug of flour

Sauce:
1 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar (or balsamic cider vinegar if you can get it)
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons butter
6 tablespoons Frank’s Original Hot Sauce – Available from most Tescos and Fallon & Byrne – Don’t buy the pre-mixed buffalo wing sauce.

Dip:
Blue cheese dressing or sour cream

Prep:
1. Preheat oven to 210 Celsius.

2. Cut whole wings into two pieces and remove the wing tip. In a bowl toss the wings with the oil, and salt. Place into a large plastic shopping bag, and add the flour and cayenne pepper. Shake to coat evenly. Remove wings from the bag, shaking off excess flour, and spread out evenly on an oiled cookie sheet or similar. Bake for about 20 minutes, turn the wings over, and cook another 20 minutes, or until the wings are cooked through and crispy. Wings can also be deep-fried if you prefer.

3. While the wings are baking, mix all the ingredients for the sauce in a pan, and over low heat bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally, and then turn off. You can adjust the amount of butter in the mix to suit your own taste/heat tolerance - E&C use a lot of butter.

4. After the wings are cooked, transfer to a large mixing bowl. Pour the sauce over the hot wings and toss with a spoon or spatula to completely coat.

5. Serve with dipping sauce, french fries sprinkled with garlic salt and a beer. And celery if you’re into that sort of thing.

6. Gorge yourself.

PostPosted: Tue February 10, 2015 12:10 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Red hot is fine. You won't get the runs. In one of your two bholes at least

PostPosted: Tue February 10, 2015 7:21 pm 
Future Drummer

Usually in my experience the indigestion in those circumstances comes from all the peripheral stuff around the wings--lots of beer, lots of sauces, fries, whatever else you're eating. I usually don't feel great after eating JUST chicken wings (if I've ever actually done that) but the other stuff certainly doesn't help.

PostPosted: Tue February 10, 2015 9:11 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

I like hot sauce.

PostPosted: Tue February 24, 2015 6:59 pm 
Champion of RM

dimejinky99 wrote:
i bought nthis stuff with all these high hopes of making the famous buffalo wings from a local restaurant..now ive been warned not to use it cos ill get the runs if i do..should i use it?

heres the recipe
(Probably not the exact recipe they use in the restaurant, but you won't be able to tell the difference).

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon salt
Mug of flour

Sauce:
1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons butter
6 tablespoons Frank’s Original Hot Sauce – Available from most Tescos and Fallon & Byrne – Don’t buy the pre-mixed buffalo wing sauce.

Dip:

Prep:

2. Cut whole wings into two pieces and remove the wing tip. In a bowl toss the wings with the oil, and salt. Place into a large plastic shopping bag, and add the flour and cayenne pepper. Shake to coat evenly. Remove wings from the bag, shaking off excess flour, and spread out evenly on an oiled cookie sheet or similar. Bake for about 20 minutes, turn the wings over, and cook another 20 minutes, or until the wings are cooked through and crispy. Wings can also be deep-fried if you prefer.

3. While the wings are baking, mix all the ingredients for the sauce in a pan, and over low heat bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally, and then turn off. You can adjust the amount of butter in the mix to suit your own taste/heat tolerance - E&C use a lot of butter.

4. After the wings are cooked, transfer to a large mixing bowl. Pour the sauce over the hot wings and toss with a spoon or spatula to completely coat.

5. Serve with dipping sauce, french fries sprinkled with garlic salt and a beer. And celery if you’re into that sort of thing.

6. Gorge yourself.

The hot sauce in the recipe is not the hot sauce in the picture.

PostPosted: Tue February 24, 2015 10:18 pm 
Rank This Poster

CopperTom wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

heres the recipe

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon salt
Mug of flour

Sauce:
1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons butter

Dip:

Prep:

6. Gorge yourself.

The hot sauce in the recipe is not the hot sauce in the picture.

:haha:

PostPosted: Fri April 10, 2015 2:47 pm 
The Master

been into this stuff lately, good flavor

PostPosted: Thu April 16, 2015 5:18 am 
$5 Donation Gets Custom Title

darth_vedder wrote:
I like hot sauce.

PostPosted: Wed April 29, 2015 1:17 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

I should start a hot sauce committee.

PostPosted: Tue July 25, 2017 5:18 am 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

Guys, recommend a good hot sauce that is a balance of heat + flavor. I don't want anything that is absurdly hot and tastes like chemicals.

PostPosted: Tue July 25, 2017 5:19 am 
Future Drummer

theplatypus wrote:
Guys, recommend a good hot sauce that is a balance of heat + flavor. I don't want anything that is absurdly hot and tastes like chemicals.

sweet chili sauce... Add siracha and/or cream cheese to make things more interesting.

Last edited by Iholdthepain on Tue July 25, 2017 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue July 25, 2017 5:21 am 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

Brand names are appreciated. I'm about to travel to the US tomorrow (where there is a lot more variety than down here) and I want to return with a bunch of stuff.

PostPosted: Tue July 25, 2017 5:23 am 
Future Drummer

Ummm... I'll get back to you tomorrow, then.

PostPosted: Tue July 25, 2017 2:02 pm 
Rank This Poster

theplatypus wrote:
Brand names are appreciated. I'm about to travel to the US tomorrow (where there is a lot more variety than down here) and I want to return with a bunch of stuff.

I like speedy's hot sauce. #44.

PostPosted: Tue July 25, 2017 2:33 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

I love a varied hot sauce arsenal as much as the next guy but those speciality stores freak me out. They're absurdly full of options, the labels are out of control intense and the people who work there always seem one or two remarks away from being triggered into delivering an epic Alex Jones type rant.

PostPosted: Tue July 25, 2017 2:36 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

darth_vedder wrote:

There's still time for Crackpot to do the right thing with this thread's title. You should PM him about it.

PostPosted: Tue July 25, 2017 2:40 pm 

washing machine wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:

There's still time for Crackpot to do the right thing with this thread's title. You should PM him about it.

I'll take care of it

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 416 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Food & Dining