The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Top 25 Favorite Albums of All Time
PostPosted: Mon December 08, 2014 6:56 am 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Fri August 09, 2013 4:38 am
Posts: 3025
I keep seeing people mention this "PJ Harvey." Figured I better look em up.

:-o :search: :bammer: :worthy: :hooray:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Top 25 Favorite Albums of All Time
PostPosted: Mon December 08, 2014 7:17 am 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 45239
Location: 6000 feet beyond man and time.
Dev wrote:
there's a lack of stoner on your list, Burt.

there would be more than 3 in my top 50.

_________________
Fundamentally, my position is one of harm reduction.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Top 25 Favorite Albums of All Time
PostPosted: Mon December 08, 2014 8:27 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 30, 2013 4:30 pm
Posts: 4728
I can't help but feel sad for all these albums at the 26th place.

_________________
cutuphalfdead wrote:
so glad i don't see signatures


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Top 25 Favorite Albums of All Time
PostPosted: Mon December 08, 2014 10:37 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:38 pm
Posts: 14213
Despite grave misgivings, I'll give this a shot. I set myself a rule of no repeat artists.

Alphabetical order.

AC/DC - 'Let There Be Rock'
Angelo Badalamenti & David Lynch - 'Soundtrack from Twin Peaks'
The Beatles - 'The Beatles'
Black Sabbath - 'Black Sabbath'
Bohren & der Club of Gore - 'Black Earth'
Harold Budd - 'Abandoned Cities'
The Nels Cline Singers - 'Initiate'
The Cure - 'The Top'
Miles Davis - 'Sketches of Spain'
Earth - 'HEX; or Printing in the Infernal Method'
Brian Eno - 'Ambient 1: Music for Airports'
Bill Evans & Jim Hall - 'Undercurrent'
Fripp & Eno - '(No Pussyfooting)'
King Crimson - 'Red'
Charles Mingus - 'Black Saint and the Sinner Lady'
My Bloody Valentine - 'Loveless'
Nirvana - 'Nevermind'
Pearl Jam - 'Vs.'
Pink Floyd - 'Wish You Were Here'
The Pretty Things - 'S.F. Sorrow'
Klaus Schulze - 'Mirage'
Sonic Youth - 'Sister'
Swervedriver - 'Mezcal Head'
Robert Wyatt - 'Rock Bottom'
Neil Young - 'After the Goldrush'


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Top 25 Favorite Albums of All Time
PostPosted: Mon December 08, 2014 11:10 am 
Offline
A Return To Form
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 9:54 am
Posts: 175
I will have a crack at this too. No repeat artists which I think is a nice touch from spenno

No order.

Let it be - replacements
Yankee hotel foxtrot - wilco
Wowed zowee - pavement
Do Dallas - mclusky
Yield - pearl jam
Wires - art of fighting
Midnight organ fight - frightened rabbit
Doolittle - pixies
Bakesale - sebadoh
Beggars banquet - stones
jimmywine majestic - red red meat
() - sigur ros
There is nothing wrong with love - built to spill
Hi fi way - you am I
Axis - Hendrix
If you're feeling sinister - belle and Sebastian
Low - Bowie
In the aeroplane - neutral milk hotel
Bee thousand - guided by voices
Things we lost in the fire - low
Ghosts of the great highway - sun kil moon
The glow pt 2 - the microphones
This is a long drive... - modest mouse
Boxer - the national
Ladies and gentlemen - spiritualized

That took 15 minutes, I fear that is not long enough for such a thread.. Anyways, this is what came out


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Top 25 Favorite Albums of All Time
PostPosted: Mon December 08, 2014 11:28 am 
Offline
User avatar
$5 Donation Gets Custom Title
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:43 am
Posts: 5185
Freewheelin wrote:
No order.

Let it be - replacements
Yankee hotel foxtrot - wilco
Wowed zowee - pavement
Do Dallas - mclusky
Yield - pearl jam
Wires - art of fighting
Midnight organ fight - frightened rabbit
Doolittle - pixies
Bakesale - sebadoh
Beggars banquet - stones
jimmywine majestic - red red meat
() - sigur ros
There is nothing wrong with love - built to spill
Hi fi way - you am I
Axis - Hendrix
If you're feeling sinister - belle and Sebastian
Low - Bowie
In the aeroplane - neutral milk hotel
Bee thousand - guided by voices
Things we lost in the fire - low
Ghosts of the great highway - sun kil moon
The glow pt 2 - the microphones
This is a long drive... - modest mouse
Boxer - the national
Ladies and gentlemen - spiritualized


Let's be friends.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Top 25 Favorite Albums of All Time
PostPosted: Mon December 08, 2014 11:34 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 57413
Location: September 2020 Poster of the Month
surfndestroy wrote:
Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti
Led Zeppelin - The Song Remains The Same
Led Zeppelin - I
The Who - Who's Next
The Who - Quadrophenia
Pearl Jam - Ten
Motley Crue - Too Fast For Love
Genesis - A Trick of the Tail
Van Halen - II
U2 - Joshua Tree
Porcupine Tree - Deadwing
Steven Wilson - Grace For Drowning
Rush - Moving Pictures
Bob Marley - Exodus
UB40 - File
Rolling Stones - Exile On Main St
Rolling Stones - Beggars Banquet
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
Adam & The Ants - Dirk Wears White Sox
Aerosmith - Rocks
From The Fall - Entropy
Judas Priest - Sad Wings of Destiny
Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band - Hammersmith Odeon, London '75
Howling Wolf - Chess 50th Anniversary Collection
Miles Davis - Miles Davis at Carnegie Hall

Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Top 25 Favorite Albums of All Time
PostPosted: Mon December 08, 2014 11:34 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 57413
Location: September 2020 Poster of the Month
Birds in Hell wrote:
I'd need to give this a lot of thought.

Even then, I expect I'll probably be filled with regret and shame the moment I hit submit.

Me too.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Top 25 Favorite Albums of All Time
PostPosted: Mon December 08, 2014 12:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Fri January 04, 2013 1:05 am
Posts: 1299
In no particular order.

The Beatles - The Beatles
Pink Floyd - The Piper at the Gates of Dawn
Sigur Ros - Agaetis Brijun
Bob Dylan & The Band - The Basement Tapes
Gentle Giant - Acquiring the Taste
Tori Amos - From the Choirgirl Hotel
Pearl Jam - Vitalogy
Plume Latraverse - Chansons Nouvelles
Radiohead - Amnesiac
Paul McCartney - Ram
The Beach Boys - SMiLE (some reconstruction I have)
Richard Desjardins - Boom Boom
Portishead - Portishead
Beck - Odelay
Jimi Hendrix - Electric Ladyland
Neil Young - Rust Never Sleeps
Lhasa - The Living Road
Pink Floyd - Animals
The Rolling Stones - Sticky Fingers
Yes - Close to the Edge
Can - Ege Bammyasi
Van Der Graaf Generator - Pawn Hearts
Metallica - Master of Puppets
Tom Waits - Rain Dogs
Wilco - Summerteeth


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Top 25 Favorite Albums of All Time
PostPosted: Mon December 08, 2014 4:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Fri August 16, 2013 6:36 pm
Posts: 10506
Birds in Hell wrote:
Despite grave misgivings, I'll give this a shot. I set myself a rule of no repeat artists.

Alphabetical order.

AC/DC - 'Let There Be Rock'
Angelo Badalamenti & David Lynch - 'Soundtrack from Twin Peaks'
The Beatles - 'The Beatles'
Black Sabbath - 'Black Sabbath'
Bohren & der Club of Gore - 'Black Earth'
Harold Budd - 'Abandoned Cities'
The Nels Cline Singers - 'Initiate'
The Cure - 'The Top'
Miles Davis - 'Sketches of Spain'
Earth - 'HEX; or Printing in the Infernal Method'
Brian Eno - 'Ambient 1: Music for Airports'
Bill Evans & Jim Hall - 'Undercurrent'
Fripp & Eno - '(No Pussyfooting)'
King Crimson - 'Red'
Charles Mingus - 'Black Saint and the Sinner Lady'
My Bloody Valentine - 'Loveless'
Nirvana - 'Nevermind'
Pearl Jam - 'Vs.'
Pink Floyd - 'Wish You Were Here'
The Pretty Things - 'S.F. Sorrow'
Klaus Schulze - 'Mirage'
Sonic Youth - 'Sister'
Swervedriver - 'Mezcal Head'
Robert Wyatt - 'Rock Bottom'
Neil Young - 'After the Goldrush'

our lists aren't that far apart, caster of aspersions


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Top 25 Favorite Albums of All Time
PostPosted: Mon December 08, 2014 4:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:21 am
Posts: 3431
cutuphalfdead wrote:
surfndestroy wrote:
Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti
Led Zeppelin - The Song Remains The Same
Led Zeppelin - I
The Who - Who's Next
The Who - Quadrophenia
Pearl Jam - Ten
Motley Crue - Too Fast For Love
Genesis - A Trick of the Tail
Van Halen - II
U2 - Joshua Tree
Porcupine Tree - Deadwing
Steven Wilson - Grace For Drowning
Rush - Moving Pictures
Bob Marley - Exodus
UB40 - File
Rolling Stones - Exile On Main St
Rolling Stones - Beggars Banquet
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
Adam & The Ants - Dirk Wears White Sox
Aerosmith - Rocks
From The Fall - Entropy
Judas Priest - Sad Wings of Destiny
Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band - Hammersmith Odeon, London '75
Howling Wolf - Chess 50th Anniversary Collection
Miles Davis - Miles Davis at Carnegie Hall

Image

Pretty much but bald and no mustache. Things would get a little more varied and esoteric on the backside of a top 100.

_________________
Think I’m going to try being kind to everyone a chance.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Top 25 Favorite Albums of All Time
PostPosted: Mon December 08, 2014 4:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:07 pm
Posts: 3304
godeatgod wrote:
Image


Can I get a link to this??


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Top 25 Favorite Albums of All Time
PostPosted: Mon December 08, 2014 4:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 30, 2013 4:30 pm
Posts: 4728
This thread is such a missed opportunity for a music nerds version of an Advent calendar.

_________________
cutuphalfdead wrote:
so glad i don't see signatures


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Top 25 Favorite Albums of All Time
PostPosted: Mon December 08, 2014 5:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rated PG-13 for the power of theatre
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 86868
Location: Anarchist Jurisdiction
Also sticking with one album per artist...

1. Bone Machine - Tom Waits
2. Vitalogy - Pearl Jam
3. Kind of Blue - Miles Davis
4. Dark Side of the Moon - Pink Floyd
5. The Beatles - The Beatles
6. In Utero - Nirvana
7. The Shepherd's Dog - Iron and Wine
8. Innervisions - Stevie Wonder
9. Hunky Dory - David Bowie
10. The Crane Wife - The Decemberists
11. Black Sheep - Martin Sexton
12. OK Computer - Radiohead
13. Jagged Little Pill - Alanis Morissette
14. Home - Dixie Chicks
15. Cease to Begin - Band of Horses
16. Strange Mercy - St. Vincent
17. Everybody Knows This is Nowhere - Neil Young
18. Either/Or - Elliott Smith
19. When the Pawn... - Fiona Apple
20. Blood on the Tracks - Bob Dylan
21. Thriller - Michael Jackson
22. No Fences - Garth Brooks
23. Tori Amos - From the Choirgirl Hotel
24. Get Behind Me Satan - The White Stripes
25. Astral Weeks - Van Morrison


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Top 25 Favorite Albums of All Time
PostPosted: Mon December 08, 2014 5:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Fri August 16, 2013 6:36 pm
Posts: 10506
Heathen wrote:
This thread is such a missed opportunity for a music nerds version of an Advent calendar.

i don't celebrate music nerds


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Top 25 Favorite Albums of All Time
PostPosted: Mon December 08, 2014 6:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 30, 2013 4:30 pm
Posts: 4728
I gotta ask, do you guys do that kind of shit in real life too?

_________________
cutuphalfdead wrote:
so glad i don't see signatures


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Top 25 Favorite Albums of All Time
PostPosted: Mon December 08, 2014 6:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Fri January 04, 2013 1:05 am
Posts: 1299
I can't believe that I left King Crimson off my list :shake:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Top 25 Favorite Albums of All Time
PostPosted: Mon December 08, 2014 6:20 pm 
Offline
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:11 pm
Posts: 7704
Freewheelin wrote:
jimmywine majestic - red red meat

:thumbsup:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Top 25 Favorite Albums of All Time
PostPosted: Mon December 08, 2014 6:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 45317
Location: Garbage Dump
Heathen wrote:
I gotta ask, do you guys do that kind of shit in real life too?

What kind of shit?

_________________
dimejinky99 wrote:
Take that post and push it off a bridge.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Top 25 Favorite Albums of All Time
PostPosted: Mon December 08, 2014 6:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rated PG-13 for the power of theatre
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 86868
Location: Anarchist Jurisdiction
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Heathen wrote:
I gotta ask, do you guys do that kind of shit in real life too?

What kind of shit?

And who guys?


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ello Sailor, Google [Bot] and 14 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Mon March 08, 2021 4:05 am