The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 286 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: talk about the leaked demos
PostPosted: Fri April 05, 2013 9:50 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

stip wrote:
Blenheim Augustine wrote:
stip wrote:
I can see now in retrospect why some people feel a bit upset (I actually started to feel bad when bada said he believed strictly because I stood by it), but this honestly never really occurred to B, to myself, to Chud, or to any of the other people we had run this past. I don't regret that we did it, but I do wish people enjoyed it more.

I don't think anyone was actually upset, so don't flatter yourself into an apology. People were upset about the antiquiet demos. With this it was like - really? That's pretty lame. April Fools? No it's the third. Rick Roll? Wasn't that amusing in 2003? Is that the best someone can come up with in 2013? Just because people are saying this was a bit shit doesn't mean that they were upset - if it was a good April fool people would have had egg on their faces and people would have been upset.

And people didn't enjoy it because it wasn't very good. It was just a shaggy dog ego trip.

"Oh this guy's really upset because he wrote a few sentences about this." No, I'm watching Crossfire Hurricane :finger:

Duly noted. Thank you for speaking on behalf of everyone who posted in this thread and clarifying what exactly is going on. Your ability to know exactly what the Red Mosquito community in its entirety thinks and feels is invaluable. Next time if you could just get to this earlier you could probably save everyone a lot of unnecessary posting.

Yeah sorry Stip - I've completely misread the mood of this thread.

Harmless
Somebody let me know when something interesting happens in terms of PJ or RM.

warehouse
so B and stip made a lame attempt at buggy and GH's april fool's joke? is that what happened in here?

Birds in Hell
This is awful and it's not like I can even say, "oh, I can see how B and stip thought this would be funny." I seriously can't

Turned to Black
Yeah, I thought making people "inspect the code" was the only clever part of the whole retarded thing.

Skitch
I really like the notion of tacking an intro onto a rick roll and pretending it's going to be a Pearl Jam song. Why didnt i ever think of this?

EH Ruddock
Wait,.April fools on April 3rd? I don't get it.

Warehouse
the joke was still possibly the lamest thing in the history of RM

nah
only people with kids would do this.

evenslow
I'm going to buy a shovel so I can dig out the actual joke from this clusterfuck.

blue state
NOT FUNNY

EJ
is anyone actually riled up?

turned2black
It was too lame to really get anyone upset.

PostPosted: Fri April 05, 2013 9:57 pm 
The worst

yup, that is a list of some things that were said in this thread. 12 posts out of 242 at this time. No doubt some people, perhaps even a majority of people, though this was lame.

Running TSIS Review

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

PostPosted: Fri April 05, 2013 10:02 pm 
The worst

however, other posters (including some of the people you quote above) throughout this 12 page thread talked repeatedly about how lame they thought this was with a level of either vitriol or persistent insistence that led me to believe that some posters were upset by the whole thing (including a few that I personally like quite a bit). And since our intention was not to hurt anyone in this process I felt that an apology was warranted if, in fact, there were hurt feelings. If you were not upset by this then you could ignore said apology.

I understand you could care less about this and are not in the least bit emotionally invested. The preemptive middle finger in your previous post made that clear.

Running TSIS Review

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

PostPosted: Fri April 05, 2013 10:08 pm 

stip wrote:
yup, that is a list of some things that were said in this thread.

PostPosted: Fri April 05, 2013 10:26 pm 
AnalLog

isn't it even lamer to waste time complaining about how lame you think it was?

PostPosted: Fri April 05, 2013 10:55 pm 
Rank This Poster

i only accept apologies in monetary form

PostPosted: Sat April 06, 2013 12:30 am 
Future Drummer

I can only hope you guys really do have some leaked material and the rick-roll is just a elaborate scam to protect whomever gave it you.

PostPosted: Sat April 06, 2013 12:32 am 
Gone

stip wrote:
stip wrote:
I can see now in retrospect why some people feel a bit upset (I actually started to feel bad when bada said he believed strictly because I stood by it), but this honestly never really occurred to B, to myself, to Chud, or to any of the other people we had run this past. I don't regret that we did it, but I do wish people enjoyed it more.

I don't think anyone was actually upset, so don't flatter yourself into an apology. People were upset about the antiquiet demos. With this it was like - really? That's pretty lame. April Fools? No it's the third. Rick Roll? Wasn't that amusing in 2003? Is that the best someone can come up with in 2013? Just because people are saying this was a bit shit doesn't mean that they were upset - if it was a good April fool people would have had egg on their faces and people would have been upset.

And people didn't enjoy it because it wasn't very good. It was just a shaggy dog ego trip.

"Oh this guy's really upset because he wrote a few sentences about this." No, I'm watching Crossfire Hurricane :finger:

Duly noted. Thank you for speaking on behalf of everyone who posted in this thread and clarifying what exactly is going on. Your ability to know exactly what the Red Mosquito community in its entirety thinks and feels is invaluable. Next time if you could just get to this earlier you could probably save everyone a lot of unnecessary posting.

Yeah sorry Stip - I've completely misread the mood of this thread.

Harmless
Somebody let me know when something interesting happens in terms of PJ or RM.

warehouse
so B and stip made a lame attempt at buggy and GH's april fool's joke? is that what happened in here?

Birds in Hell
This is awful and it's not like I can even say, "oh, I can see how B and stip thought this would be funny." I seriously can't

Turned to Black
Yeah, I thought making people "inspect the code" was the only clever part of the whole retarded thing.

Skitch
I really like the notion of tacking an intro onto a rick roll and pretending it's going to be a Pearl Jam song. Why didnt i ever think of this?

EH Ruddock
Wait,.April fools on April 3rd? I don't get it.

Warehouse
the joke was still possibly the lamest thing in the history of RM

nah
only people with kids would do this.

evenslow
I'm going to buy a shovel so I can dig out the actual joke from this clusterfuck.

blue state
NOT FUNNY

EJ
is anyone actually riled up?

turned2black
It was too lame to really get anyone upset.

I wasn't around for a few days when this happened, but I feel a strong kinship with the list above

PostPosted: Sat April 06, 2013 1:06 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

cutuphalfdead wrote:
stip wrote:
until we had the technical problem with the site right at the end.

B fucked it up, call it for what it is.

Everything was going perfectly up to that point.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Sat April 06, 2013 2:20 am 
Jeff's Infallible Pendulum

We sure know how to talk seven shades of shit out of something round here.

PostPosted: Sat April 06, 2013 5:46 am 
Poster of the Year

stip wrote:
however, other posters (including some of the people you quote above) throughout this 12 page thread talked repeatedly about how lame they thought this was with a level of either vitriol or persistent insistence that led me to believe that some posters were upset by the whole thing (including a few that I personally like quite a bit). And since our intention was not to hurt anyone in this process I felt that an apology was warranted if, in fact, there were hurt feelings. If you were not upset by this then you could ignore said apology.

I understand you could care less about this and are not in the least bit emotionally invested. The preemptive middle finger in your previous post made that clear.

My intent was to hurt people.

PostPosted: Sat April 06, 2013 7:52 am 

Maybe it's just me, but I think it's about time we give this a rest. What do you say, Team RM?

PostPosted: Sat April 06, 2013 3:25 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

No, let's talk some more about what a failure it was.

PostPosted: Sat April 06, 2013 3:57 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Fuzzcharger wrote:
We sure know how to talk seven shades of shit out of something round here.

This made me laugh.

PostPosted: Sun April 07, 2013 12:30 am 

warehouse wrote:
i only accept apologies in monetary form

Hahahaha......THIS WAS GOOD

Stip....send him a check

Last edited by nightmareblack0206 on Sun April 07, 2013 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun April 07, 2013 12:31 am 

Angus wrote:
Maybe it's just me, but I think it's about time we give this a rest. What do you say, Team RM?

I been saying this for 3 days now!

PostPosted: Sun April 07, 2013 2:15 am 
Broken Tamborine

stip wrote:

:finger:

PostPosted: Sun April 07, 2013 2:45 am 

Blenheim you are acting like a twat.

PostPosted: Sun April 07, 2013 3:19 am 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Welcome to the board. :)

PostPosted: Sun April 07, 2013 3:46 am 

B wrote:
Welcome to the board. :)

Many thanks. I was on the old board too but didn't participate much.

Really I just re-registered to call people names.

The prank was a groaner, and yeah I was leery of the whole thing, but... I still got excited when the "demos" were posted. Not sure if that counts as a gotcha! or not but there ya go.

It's doesn't call for the vitriol I see though.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 286 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam