The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 286 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: talk about the leaked demos
PostPosted: Fri April 05, 2013 12:26 am 
The worst

it was an unfortunate piece of timing

Running TSIS Review

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

PostPosted: Fri April 05, 2013 12:27 am 
Poster of the Year

It was an unfortunate piece of not know what he's doing and not speaking up about that before he posted it.

PostPosted: Fri April 05, 2013 12:28 am 
Poster of the Year

It was the equivalent of getting a link from your mom and finding out it's useless because it points to an attachment in her email.

PostPosted: Fri April 05, 2013 12:31 am 
Mind Your Tanners

cutuphalfdead wrote:
WtOB? wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
The best RM april fools was the no code riddles, by far.

I remember playing it, but I don't remember what happened at the end. Was it a rickroll?

You had to finish them to get to the board.

The only reason i was able to get on the board that day was because i got like a week or so to figure them out ahead of time :oops:

PostPosted: Fri April 05, 2013 1:42 am 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

:cry: chud's very hurtful.

PostPosted: Fri April 05, 2013 1:43 am 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

cutuphalfdead wrote:
Didn't stip already go over the whole thing?

I don't know. This thread is nearly as long as one of stip's posts. I can't be bothered to read it all.

PostPosted: Fri April 05, 2013 1:51 am 
The Master

how about some real demos?

I missed this apparently:

http://www.gremmie.net/demos/yield-demos

PostPosted: Fri April 05, 2013 1:59 am 
slower than 82% of US

I'm surprised that B's mp3 link wasnt something like C:\Music\firstdemo.wav

PostPosted: Fri April 05, 2013 2:24 am 
"Supersonic sucks."

Strat wrote:
how about some real demos?

I missed this apparently:

http://www.gremmie.net/demos/yield-demos

It was played on PJ Radio during the 15th anniversary special for Yield.

PostPosted: Fri April 05, 2013 2:41 am 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

stip wrote:
I actually started to feel bad when bada said he believed strictly because I stood by it

You were my Cronkite Stip....now you're my Geraldo. You stole my innocence.

PostPosted: Fri April 05, 2013 5:32 am 
Banned from the Pit

Who must I pm to get these leaked demos?

PostPosted: Fri April 05, 2013 5:35 am 
10Club Complaint Department

washing machine wrote:
Who must I pm to get these leaked demos?

There are no leaked demos. Only shattered dreams. and a couple of grinning cunts.

I'm with BiH. Outed on 01/04 fine, afterwards is a filthy hoax.

PostPosted: Fri April 05, 2013 12:30 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Mecca wrote:
I'm surprised that B's mp3 link wasnt something like C:\Music\firstdemo.wav

:gomez:

PostPosted: Fri April 05, 2013 3:12 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

B wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
stip wrote:
Strat wrote:
Man, i hope you guys dont feel like you actually needed to apologize. Mocking you for a weak april fools joke is part of the whole weak april fools joke. You know?

first of all, this was a really good april fool's prank. I feel bad that maybe it was a mean one, but it was good

I have no second of all

Here's the thing, it wasn't. And I'll tell you why. Because I saw it coming a mile away. I'm an asshole. I fall for these things ALL THE TIME. And never once did I think this was real. I'll tell you what was a good (nay, GREAT) prank: that one y'all pulled back before S/T came out where you changed RM to look like the PJ official site. I purchased the WWS single because the tracklist RM posted said that Unemployable wasn't going to be on the album. I thought it was a true non-album b-side, so I BOUGHT the fucker. I was pissed when I realized it was an April fool's joke.

Having said all of that, this whole thing was funny, and a blast to watch it all play out. And I'm glad you guys ran with it even as some of us were being dicks and screaming "FAKE" from the trees.

The whole thing was all in good fun and I'm glad you guys still take the time to do these kinds of things. Some people will bite, some won't, but hopefully no one gets their feelings hurt. I laughed a lot. And that's better than a good prank.

I have to say. GrungeReport posted the first report as real. That was the peak of my enjoyment.

:thumbsup:

Well done. I didn't see that, but I'm happy for you.

PostPosted: Fri April 05, 2013 3:22 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

stip wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
stip wrote:
Strat wrote:
Man, i hope you guys dont feel like you actually needed to apologize. Mocking you for a weak april fools joke is part of the whole weak april fools joke. You know?

first of all, this was a really good april fool's prank. I feel bad that maybe it was a mean one, but it was good

I have no second of all

Here's the thing, it wasn't. And I'll tell you why. Because I saw it coming a mile away. I'm an asshole. I fall for these things ALL THE TIME. And never once did I think this was real. I'll tell you what was a good (nay, GREAT) prank: that one y'all pulled back before S/T came out where you changed RM to look like the PJ official site. I purchased the WWS single because the tracklist RM posted said that Unemployable wasn't going to be on the album. I thought it was a true non-album b-side, so I BOUGHT the fucker. I was pissed when I realized it was an April fool's joke.

Having said all of that, this whole thing was funny, and a blast to watch it all play out. And I'm glad you guys ran with it even as some of us were being dicks and screaming "FAKE" from the trees.

The whole thing was all in good fun and I'm glad you guys still take the time to do these kinds of things. Some people will bite, some won't, but hopefully no one gets their feelings hurt. I laughed a lot. And that's better than a good prank.

that was the point. We wanted something we could string along for a while so there was something happening on the board, and we had decided we were going to play the whole thing straight. If people bought into it (we tried to make it realistic) then great. We had hoped that they would appreciate it when it was done. If people didn't buy into it we hoped they would enjoy watching the event unfold and seeing other people's reactions, and maybe there would be just a small part of them that would wonder if this was true.

I can see now in retrospect why some people feel a bit upset (I actually started to feel bad when bada said he believed strictly because I stood by it), but this honestly never really occurred to B, to myself, to Chud, or to any of the other people we had run this past. I don't regret that we did it, but I do wish people enjoyed it more.

I stand by this being pretty well executed until we had the technical problem with the site right at the end. I think some people doth protest a bit too much

It was well executed until B fucked up. You guys played it well. Maybe I've just been bitten one too many times. I saw it coming from around the corner. Honestly, when we booted the new board, my mind was already thinking about April 1st.

PostPosted: Fri April 05, 2013 3:22 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

cutuphalfdead wrote:
It was the equivalent of getting a link from your mom and finding out it's useless because it points to an attachment in her email.

AL

PostPosted: Fri April 05, 2013 5:10 pm 
The worst

durdencommatyler wrote:
stip wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
stip wrote:
Strat wrote:

I have no second of all

that was the point. We wanted something we could string along for a while so there was something happening on the board, and we had decided we were going to play the whole thing straight. If people bought into it (we tried to make it realistic) then great. We had hoped that they would appreciate it when it was done. If people didn't buy into it we hoped they would enjoy watching the event unfold and seeing other people's reactions, and maybe there would be just a small part of them that would wonder if this was true.

I can see now in retrospect why some people feel a bit upset (I actually started to feel bad when bada said he believed strictly because I stood by it), but this honestly never really occurred to B, to myself, to Chud, or to any of the other people we had run this past. I don't regret that we did it, but I do wish people enjoyed it more.

I stand by this being pretty well executed until we had the technical problem with the site right at the end. I think some people doth protest a bit too much

It was well executed until B fucked up. You guys played it well. Maybe I've just been bitten one too many times. I saw it coming from around the corner. Honestly, when we booted the new board, my mind was already thinking about April 1st.

well you were obviously right to be suspicious. The challenge and the fun for us was trying to see if we could overcome the impending april first suspicion that surrounded this. It's one of the reasons we started it early and that I pushed to end it a few days later. B wanted to close it on the 1st.

Running TSIS Review

He/Him/His

PostPosted: Fri April 05, 2013 5:26 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

can we pin this thread to the end of the forum so I don't have to constantly see it at the top?

PostPosted: Fri April 05, 2013 9:26 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

stip wrote:

I don't think anyone was actually upset, so don't flatter yourself into an apology. People were upset about the antiquiet demos. With this it was like - really? That's pretty lame. April Fools? No it's the third. Rick Roll? Wasn't that amusing in 2003? Is that the best someone can come up with in 2013? Just because people are saying this was a bit shit doesn't mean that they were upset - if it was a good April fool people would have had egg on their faces and people would have been upset.

And people didn't enjoy it because it wasn't very good. It was just a shaggy dog ego trip.

"Oh this guy's really upset because he wrote a few sentences about this." No, I'm watching Crossfire Hurricane :finger:

PostPosted: Fri April 05, 2013 9:33 pm 
The worst

Blenheim Augustine wrote:
stip wrote:

I don't think anyone was actually upset, so don't flatter yourself into an apology. People were upset about the antiquiet demos. With this it was like - really? That's pretty lame. April Fools? No it's the third. Rick Roll? Wasn't that amusing in 2003? Is that the best someone can come up with in 2013? Just because people are saying this was a bit shit doesn't mean that they were upset - if it was a good April fool people would have had egg on their faces and people would have been upset.

And people didn't enjoy it because it wasn't very good. It was just a shaggy dog ego trip.

"Oh this guy's really upset because he wrote a few sentences about this." No, I'm watching Crossfire Hurricane :finger:

Duly noted. Thank you for speaking on behalf of everyone who posted in this thread and clarifying what exactly is going on. Your ability to know precisely what the Red Mosquito community in its entirety thinks and feels is invaluable. Next time if you could just get to this earlier you could probably save everyone a lot of unnecessary posting.

Running TSIS Review

He/Him/His

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 286 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam