The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1984 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 100  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Weight Loss Thread
PostPosted: Wed July 30, 2014 10:44 pm 
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
I'm on a week long liquid only cleanse. Only on day three. I'm so fucking hungry right now.

Recent research into those detox/liquid cleanse diets has suggested they do more harm than good. Enjoy your pointless self-induced colon blow, Ruddo.

PostPosted: Fri August 01, 2014 6:40 pm 
A Return To Form

In 2010 I was at my heaviest, around 275 lbs.

I then moved abroad for a while to teach English in South Korea where the lifestyle involved a lot of walking and hiking (and eating the local food which was for the most part pretty healthy) and I started slowly losing weight.

In 2011 I joined a gym for the first time, it felt good to go 3 times a week. I plateaued at around 100 kg (220 lbs) and stopped going to the gym so much...so I gained back a little more.

When I moved back to the States in early 2013 I started running (After reading the book Born to Run, which is pretty inspiring whether or not you buy into the minimalist/barefoot running thing) and only eating out on weekends. My diet now consisted heavily of veggies and lean proteins (chicken, beans, yogurts, etc...) and most importantly: Drinking WATER instead of sodas or other sugary drinks.

Running a lot made look awkward...like a combination of skinny with saggy skin in certain areas and I had little muscle definition, so I joined a gym again to lift weights and build muscle...now in mid 2013 I weigh 153 lbs...so I've lost 122 lbs in 4 years, with ups and downs...the majority of that has been in the last year and a half.

I still mostly eat the same diet of home cooked foods (veggies, protein, a balance of carbs and high fiber). Saturday nights I eat out at a restaurant with the lady, and I often look forward to Sundays as my cheat day where I eat pizza and drink a few beers. Exercise wise I hit the gym 3 times a week, and run or play soccer for cardio the other days of the week.

It feels really good to be a shirt size small or medium compared to the XL or XXL I was before! The saggy skin remains...but it just serves as a reminder of what I once was.

PostPosted: Fri August 01, 2014 6:55 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

hbk wrote:
When I moved back to the States in early 2013 I started running (After reading the book Born to Run, which is pretty inspiring whether or not you buy into the minimalist/barefoot running thing) and only eating out on weekends.

Love that book!

PostPosted: Fri August 01, 2014 7:29 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Sounds great, hbk! I hit a plateau for a while too, after losing about 30 lbs, but I feel like I've finally pushed past it. I'm afraid of the saggy skin thing, too, but I think the most important thing is: how do you feel? I already feel so much more healthy than I used to, and I've got a long way to go! I assume/hope you're the same way!

PostPosted: Fri August 01, 2014 8:14 pm 
A Return To Form

Simple Torture wrote:
Sounds great, hbk! I hit a plateau for a while too, after losing about 30 lbs, but I feel like I've finally pushed past it. I'm afraid of the saggy skin thing, too, but I think the most important thing is: how do you feel? I already feel so much more healthy than I used to, and I've got a long way to go! I assume/hope you're the same way!

Of course! The saggy skin is just a vanity thing and it doesn't bother me too much. With clothes on I look just like any other skinny guy with developing muscles :P The skin IS shrinking a little bit too so that's good.

I'm still losing about 1/2 lbs every week or two, which is just fine for me. I'll probably plateau again soon but this weight is pretty perfect for me, I couldn't be happier.

PostPosted: Thu October 09, 2014 10:51 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

down 12 pounds in last 50 days purely from not drinking beer....tonight is my 2nd night working with a personal trainer...my legs and ass are killing me since tuesday night....this is the first time since the the early 90s that I've set foot in a gym

PostPosted: Sat October 11, 2014 11:03 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

yesterday i went and had my RMR and BF% tested

last year when i did it i was

BF% 28
Weight 232.5
Fat weight - 65lbs
Fat free weight (includes bones etc) - 167.5

this year

BF% - 24.9
Body Weight - 226
Fat weight - 56.3
Fat Free weight - 170.2

though i didnt lose nearly like i did when i first started i did mange to put on almost 3lbs of muscle which is a good thing

PostPosted: Sat November 01, 2014 1:38 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

so even though two weeks ago i hit -70lbs i didnt use it officially cause it wasnt the normal scale or time of day i weight myself

this morning on the scale i always use and the day/time of day i use as the official weigh-in i have hit the -70lb mark

PostPosted: Sat November 01, 2014 1:47 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

I need to get in on this. I've gained too much weight since getting hitched and having a kid. I've gone from 185 lbs (very good weight on me) to 204 lbs.

PostPosted: Sun November 02, 2014 10:45 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

I hit 225 pounds (102 Kg) and seem to have just stopped there

PostPosted: Mon November 03, 2014 8:42 pm 
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

Rangi Guy wrote:

Are you building muscle, as well as burning fat? If so, throw the scales away and just use the tape measure.

PostPosted: Mon November 03, 2014 9:57 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Sgt. Crackpot wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:

Are you building muscle, as well as burning fat? If so, throw the scales away and just use the tape measure.

I think it's mainly just a repositioning of fat. If I pull out the tape measure - should I be measuring my penis too?

PostPosted: Tue November 04, 2014 6:03 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Rangi Guy wrote:
Sgt. Crackpot wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:

I think it's mainly just a repositioning of fat. If I pull out the tape measure - should I be measuring my penis too?

im sure sarge will help with that. he helped me :naughty:

im about 5'11 and 226 so i am in the same boat as you. what i found to do was drop my calories to around 1700 per day (consumed not net). Generally i end up burning about 3200 for the day.

today and thurs i up that to about 2K since i generally burn about 3800-4100 while playing bassketball

PostPosted: Sat November 15, 2014 5:49 pm 
Rank This Poster

Me with Justin Vernon from Bon Iver. This was three years and about 60-70 lbs ago.

Me with the Biebs at Kohl's looking for chicks a few months ago. Down to my fighting weight here. From 280 to about 210.

PostPosted: Sun November 16, 2014 7:26 am 
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

Great work BRL, looking good. :nice:

PostPosted: Sun November 16, 2014 8:24 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

:naughty:

PostPosted: Sun November 16, 2014 8:30 pm 
Rank This Poster

Sgt. Crackpot wrote:
Great work BRL, looking good. :nice:

Thanks man. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sat December 06, 2014 3:06 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

the first time in recorded history i have worn a shirt and shorts in the same size (L)

Last edited by Peeps on Sat December 06, 2014 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat December 06, 2014 3:06 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

:thumbsup:

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Tue December 09, 2014 3:51 pm 
The Master

BigRedLedbetter wrote:
Me with Justin Vernon from Bon Iver. This was three years and about 60-70 lbs ago.

Me with the Biebs at Kohl's looking for chicks a few months ago. Down to my fighting weight here. From 280 to about 210.

How did your search for females go at Kohl's?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1984 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 100  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports