The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 315 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: 2013-03-31: São Paulo, Brazil - Lollapalooza.
PostPosted: Tue March 26, 2013 4:23 pm 
AnalLog

Well, this show was sick as fuck... The band was tight. I mean, REALLY tight...
After the Hives presented a great fucking concert, I was starting to get a little skeptical about PJ surpassing tha last band, but hell, they did it. They fucking did it.
I belive Spenno have already posted the SetList, but I did noted it live, and put some notes here and there. So here it is.

1- Small Town
"It was a surprise, not really pleasant, but hey, the presentation was pretty good, a little extended on the end with another "hard" part of "hearts and thoughts they fade". Matt showed that tonight, we wasn't kidding, lots of little jams from him, and this will not be the last time Matt will come on subject."
2- Why Go
"It was great, very energetic and Mike was on fire, exactly what you should expect with Why Go"
3- Interstellar Overdrive
"First surprise of the concert for me, cause I was arround going ape shit saying 'I hope they open the concert with Interstellar Overdrive', and when Small Town began, I was like 'Oh man'.
After they began the Interstellar Riff, everybody looked at me and laughed. It was great.
Great Ed perfomance."
4- Corduroy
"God, I could barely listen the band with all the people around me going ape shit. Great Jam at the end of the song, claps everywhere even with some "oh oh ohs" as far as I remember. "
5- Comatose
"Extra heavy, original tunning. God. This was killer! Mike was going ape shit. It was great. After the song, Ed caugth a paper and started to try to read in portugues.
He wished a Happy Easter for the crowd, and said that the next song would be their chocolat egg for us."
6- Ole
"I was surprised. Ole actually was GOOD. Stone guitar was really heavy and dirty, Matt was saing "fuck you, Im going to destry this shit" You could see Ed, Matt and Mike smilling all the time during this song, and Mike even getting that wow face.
7- Do The Evolution
"Fucking fantastic. Again, really heavy guitars, and Matt going ape shit. We didng let Ed sing during the first 'admire me' part, the crowd just kept in the "oh oh oh oh" going and going. Ed enjoyed this a lot."
8- Wishlist
"Seccond surprise. This sounded beautifull. It was that a little bit faster than normal, but even so, it was really good.
Mike's guitar was pretty... I missed the disco ball durign the solo, but everything else was great...
Oh, and at the end, a really big jam of Ed and the crowd. Ed even stoped playing to listen to the crowd."
9- Got Some
"A friend of mine was expetcing this song, and when they played it, we went ape shit. Great version, again, with a lot of participation from the crowd with claps and "hey"s. And Matt, again, did some really cool stuff, not just the basic."
10 - Even Flow
"I didn't listen to Ed at all. Not a single second. The crowd was so freaking energetic and insane.
Great Mike solo, no Matt solo.
After the song ended, Ed introduced the band, said "The next song was writen by Jeff Ament (he got his name right), but is played by Stone Gossard."
11- Nothingman
"I did not expected it, and it was my first time with this song. Loved every seccond of it.
Stone playing it w/ an acoustic guitar."
12- Insignificance
"For me, it was the highlight of the concert. God. Everybody knows that Binaural is my favorite record, and this was my first Binaural song heard live. I simply got mad. Everybody by my side was kinda of quiet, but in the chorus they all sang. Another clap part from the crowd. REALLY heavy and dirt version, I hope it translates well on the boot"
13- Daughter - WMA
"After Insignificance, Ed mentioned that the band didn't played together in 4 months, and that they were in the middle of a new record, said that if it was any other offer for the begining of the year to perform, but SOuth America, they would refused it, than they started to play Daughter.
Brazillian crowd loves Daughter. We just love it. It was a realy great perfomance. Mike guitar was really loyal to the record and Ed sounded great, but again, Matt took the spotlight for himsenfl during the "The shades goes down". Everybody did the "oh oh oh, oh oh oh, oh oh oh oh oh oh ooh" part, and Ed just kept going with us. He was having the time of his life, and, or my surprise, everybody sang WMA together."
14 - World Wide Suicide
"A cool jam at the beiging, again, this was a "jam" night. Crowd helping with the chorus, and Ed did not played in the "Its a shame to awake..." part. Sounded a lot better than the tragic 2011 version. And it was in original tunning."
15- Jeremy
"After WWS, Ed spoke withe the crowd again, saying that if we could help him sing, please do.
Jeff bass was loud as fuck. GREAT verson, again, barelly listen to ed."
16- Unthought Known
"Probrably the only song I didn't liked THAT much. It was a tight perfomance yes, but Mike guitar was too low... It was enjoyable at least."
17- State Of Love and Trust
"If I didn't ejoyed UK that much, SOLAT made me go out of my mind. Mike and matt was on fire. and the crowd helped with the "Hey nananana" part. Really fun song"
18- Rearviewmirror
"Again, a great perfomance. Ed got the "I will forget" part back, and was good. He called claps from the crowd, and we pleasedly responded it. After it, it was the first encore."
19- Given to Fly
"Mike just had the time of his life here. He was clearly talking to someone in the crowd, making faces, laughing, and pointing. Ed sonded great, and Mat... OH Matt... Just fuckng good."
20- Not For You - Modern girl.
"It has been a long time since I heard Mike soundind so close to the album than this version. It was fucking Identical. Again, Ed pulled claps and "oh oh oh"s from the crowd, and we did it. Good to see Modern girl around again."
21- Betterman - Find a betterman - Save it for latter
"After NFY, Ed started to talk about gay mariage here in SP, saying that he suport it and that São Paulo was good to respecting the freedon of this mariage. Than he started playing Betterman.
At the end, he started to improv, singing "A man can find a betterman, a woman can find a better woman, a man can find a better woman, a woman can find a betterman".
It was new, and was nice. Save it For Latter followed it, and was a really tight perfomance."
22- Black
"It made me cry. It was really loyal to the album version, and was kind of energetic at the end, but not to much. Ed called the "do do do do dododo" part, and he loved it... We beong together...
Its sad, cause this is the first time I listen to Black live, being alone, and it didn't felt really good, for me.
But it was a great perfomance nevertheless"
23- I Belive In Miracles
"Ed said that everytime he goes to Brazil, he remember the ramones, and dedicated this song for all the member of the Ramones. Tight perfomance"
24- Go
"After listening to Small Town, all my hopes for Go were gone. But hey, it was a surprise to see Go comming back to the middle of the set-list. Matt again, he took the spotlight"
25- Alive
"I was the only one not that excited. Alive bores me... I mean, it a good song, and it was a great perfomance, but.. meh, that just me, Lowest point of the show."
26- Baba O'Riley
"Ed got about 6 taborines and trowed at the crowd. Great perfomance, a lot of crow support, claps and screams."
27- Yellow Ledbetter
"A really clean version of the song and the tempo was JUST right, not to fast, not to slow. Stone with an acoustic guitar...
Someone trowed a Brazillian flag at the stage, Ed got it and said "This one, I'll be taking home with me!", but it on his back, and left."

Good Points:
Insiginificance! Nothingman! Wishlist! Go! - Songs I did not expect to see in a festival setlist, and they all sounded great
Matt Cameron - Matty-Boy, Soundgarden is been doing good to you! He was fantastic here.
Sound - It all sounded great, the production of Lolla is fucking good.

Bad Points:
Unthoght Known and Alive - If you heard once, you heard it all.
No new song - Like everybody said, since PJ have no new material, they have to relly on their old material.

Well, it was a fucking great experience, a great fucking concert.
It was probraby the best they ever did here in SP, and god, they were having the time of their lives! Ed, Mike and Matt, we could see them craking smiles all the time and giving wow faces.
Surprised with no The Fixer and no Just Breathe
I hope the come back soon enought, with some new material, please.

Videos
Small Town

Black

Even Flow

Betterman

Given To Fly

Jeremy

Daughter

Comatose

Last edited by KurtLeon on Tue April 02, 2013 1:59 am, edited 7 times in total.

Post subject: Re: March 31 - Pearl Jam in São Paulo - Brazil - Lollapalooz
PostPosted: Tue March 26, 2013 4:57 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

KurtLeon wrote:
I'll be going there in this weekend, though I should make a post about it.

There will be a live broadcast in the brazillian TV chanel "Multishow" (http://www.canaistv.net/Multishow-ao-vivo you can watch it here, don't know if it will work out of BR.)

Anywhoo, I'll post a live set list during the concert in my twitter account too, if you guys want to follow, here it is:
https://twitter.com/LeonKurt22

And I'll be updating this post with some comments after the concert...

That´s great..i will look for them.

PostPosted: Wed March 27, 2013 4:31 am 
Rank This Poster
 WWW  Profile

Looking forward to watching the relay.

PostPosted: Wed March 27, 2013 2:40 pm 
AnalLog

KurtLeon wrote:
I'll be going there in this weekend, though I should make a post about it.

There will be a live broadcast in the brazillian TV chanel "Multishow" (http://www.canaistv.net/Multishow-ao-vivo you can watch it here, don't know if it will work out of BR.)

Anywhoo, I'll post a live set list during the concert in my twitter account too, if you guys want to follow, here it is:
https://twitter.com/LeonKurt22

And I'll be updating this post with some comments after the concert...

Glad you are getting to see them this weekend. I can't even remember what that feels like.

Have a great show!

PostPosted: Wed March 27, 2013 6:19 pm 
AnalLog

Quote:
"With the coming of both Pearl Jam and Queens of The Stone Age for Lollapalooza Brazil at the end of the month, Brazilians can come to have a chance to hear it live. "If Josh is not in another town and if he is ... to our show," bassist Jeff Ament speculated in conversation with Rolling Stone Brazil. "Josh is amazing, very professional, we are all fans of Queens of the Stone. So yes, something can roll. "
According to Rolling Stone found, Homme will be in Sao Paulo on the Pearl Jam concert on March 31. "Yes! Sure [want to play with him]. Please call him for me, "the playful drummer Matt Cameron. "It's in your hands." Although not reveal a complete plan, he added: "Well, I can play that song ..."

Ok. This is going to be fucking fantastic.

PostPosted: Wed March 27, 2013 8:20 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

KurtLeon wrote:
Quote:
"With the coming of both Pearl Jam and Queens of The Stone Age for Lollapalooza Brazil at the end of the month, Brazilians can come to have a chance to hear it live. "If Josh is not in another town and if he is ... to our show," bassist Jeff Ament speculated in conversation with Rolling Stone Brazil. "Josh is amazing, very professional, we are all fans of Queens of the Stone. So yes, something can roll. "
According to Rolling Stone found, Homme will be in Sao Paulo on the Pearl Jam concert on March 31. "Yes! Sure [want to play with him]. Please call him for me, "the playful drummer Matt Cameron. "It's in your hands." Although not reveal a complete plan, he added: "Well, I can play that song ..."

they are playing something with him? In the moonlight again??

PostPosted: Wed March 27, 2013 8:27 pm 
AnalLog

VinylGuy wrote:
KurtLeon wrote:
Quote:

I only can hope so...

PostPosted: Wed March 27, 2013 8:31 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

KurtLeon wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
KurtLeon wrote:
Quote:

I only can hope so...

It would be cool to hear something else too..and something i wanted in PJ20...Stone Gossard joining QOTSA.

PostPosted: Wed March 27, 2013 8:34 pm 
AnalLog

VinylGuy wrote:
KurtLeon wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
KurtLeon wrote:
Quote:

I only can hope so...

It would be cool to hear something else too..and something i wanted in PJ20...Stone Gossard joining QOTSA.

I'll be very sad if Stone join QOTSA and Homme not joinning PJ, since I'll not see QOTSA.

PostPosted: Wed March 27, 2013 8:41 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

KurtLeon wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
KurtLeon wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
KurtLeon wrote:
Quote:

I only can hope so...

I'll be very sad if Stone join QOTSA and Homme not joinning PJ, since I'll not see QOTSA.

Big mistake.

PostPosted: Wed March 27, 2013 8:51 pm 
AnalLog

VinylGuy wrote:
KurtLeon wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
KurtLeon wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
KurtLeon wrote:
Quote:

I only can hope so...

Big mistake.

Of my wallet.

PostPosted: Sun March 31, 2013 9:15 pm 
Rank This Poster

the band didn't authorized the live broadcast

lol

PostPosted: Sun March 31, 2013 10:50 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

psychobain wrote:
lol

PostPosted: Sun March 31, 2013 11:34 pm 
"Supersonic sucks."

When does this shindig kick off?

PostPosted: Sun March 31, 2013 11:52 pm 
Broken Tamborine

It should have started 5 minutes ago. Hope to see some updates soon, somewhere... I made a Facebook event to watch it, but that was stupid of course. I mean, I should have known how difficult they always are when it is about broadcasting.

groetjes,
Mirella :)

PostPosted: Mon April 01, 2013 12:08 am 
"Supersonic sucks."

PostPosted: Mon April 01, 2013 12:09 am 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

Twitter is going batshit about PJ refusing to broadcast. Don't you think you destroyed your fanbase enough in the mid-90s?

PostPosted: Mon April 01, 2013 12:27 am 
Poster of the Year

Didn't they opt out of the webcast the last time they played a festival that was doing one? These guys continue to make decisions that baffle me.

PostPosted: Mon April 01, 2013 12:28 am 
Banned from the Pit

Setlist pic here: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BGuYE6hCMAAxJzW.jpg:large

PostPosted: Mon April 01, 2013 12:29 am 
Rank This Poster

the only band who did that during the whole festival

i will never understand things like that

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 315 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live