The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Help, Help » Technical Support




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: iPhone problem
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 1:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Fri November 15, 2013 6:14 am
Posts: 19037
This all started when I believe I changed a setting on my phone about a week ago,but I can't seem to relocate or figure out which setting that is.

Whatever I've done, Safari will no longer allow me to Clear History. The button is gray and "dead".

Any ideas?

_________________
Self wrote:
I don't know. Maybe it's just not meant to be.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: iPhone problem
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 2:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed July 03, 2013 11:21 pm
Posts: 13568
Location: Lft Craquepeau
Was the setting "Incognito mode"?

_________________
Rangi Guy wrote:
So skating back to the train station after work today things went wrong.....now my skateboard is at the bottom of the harbour :(


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: iPhone problem
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 2:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 30, 2013 4:30 pm
Posts: 4728
aka Watching Porn Mode

_________________
cutuphalfdead wrote:
so glad i don't see signatures


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: iPhone problem
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 2:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Fri November 15, 2013 6:14 am
Posts: 19037
Sgt. Crackpot wrote:
Was the setting "Incognito mode"?

Nope

_________________
Self wrote:
I don't know. Maybe it's just not meant to be.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: iPhone problem
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 2:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Fri November 15, 2013 6:14 am
Posts: 19037
Heathen wrote:
aka Watching Porn Mode

My wife is gonna kill me

_________________
Self wrote:
I don't know. Maybe it's just not meant to be.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: iPhone problem
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 9:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed July 03, 2013 11:21 pm
Posts: 13568
Location: Lft Craquepeau
:lol:

_________________
Rangi Guy wrote:
So skating back to the train station after work today things went wrong.....now my skateboard is at the bottom of the harbour :(


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: iPhone problem
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 9:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed July 03, 2013 11:21 pm
Posts: 13568
Location: Lft Craquepeau
Might be a restrictions setting: https://discussions.apple.com/message/23210345#23210345#23210345

_________________
Rangi Guy wrote:
So skating back to the train station after work today things went wrong.....now my skateboard is at the bottom of the harbour :(


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: iPhone problem
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 10:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Fri November 15, 2013 6:14 am
Posts: 19037
Thanks Sarge. I actually just reset my phone back to default settings and it corrected it. I never figured out why it was that way, but I think you're correct.

_________________
Self wrote:
I don't know. Maybe it's just not meant to be.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: iPhone problem
PostPosted: Mon August 04, 2014 8:42 am 
Online
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed February 06, 2013 2:47 am
Posts: 17405
Location: Hunter
So my iPhone keeps logging me out of RM when I access another app like facebook. Self pointed me to this:
Self wrote:
Ruddo's all Android, so I got this.

Go to settings > Safari > Autofill and slide the "names and passwords" slider to "on."

which helped it not happen everytime I left safari. When it happens it resets to the mobile site too.

Anyone else experience this?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: iPhone problem
PostPosted: Thu September 04, 2014 6:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 13311
Location: Seattle, WA
anyone ever changed the dock connector in their iphone?

mine shat the bed and needs to be replaced. it's the old iphone 4. i'm getting the 6 as soon as it comes out, so i'm trying to save $60 by not getting this fixed at a shop in town.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: iPhone problem
PostPosted: Thu September 04, 2014 9:16 pm 
Online
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed February 06, 2013 2:47 am
Posts: 17405
Location: Hunter
LetMeSleep wrote:
So my iPhone keeps logging me out of RM when I access another app like facebook. Self pointed me to this:
Self wrote:
Ruddo's all Android, so I got this.

Go to settings > Safari > Autofill and slide the "names and passwords" slider to "on."

which helped it not happen everytime I left safari. When it happens it resets to the mobile site too.

Anyone else experience this?

So this seems to be avoided if I don't reopen the link, that is I access the app via the bottom scrolling function.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: iPhone problem
PostPosted: Fri September 05, 2014 7:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Fri August 16, 2013 6:36 pm
Posts: 10108
Location: Death Machine Inc's HQ
Kaius wrote:
Thanks Sarge. I actually just reset my phone back to default settings and it corrected it. I never figured out why it was that way, but I think you're correct.

take a picture of your browser history and show it to us

_________________
No Fat Chicks


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: iPhone problem
PostPosted: Sat September 13, 2014 8:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar
RM Elitist
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 8:43 pm
Posts: 13312
LetMeSleep wrote:
So my iPhone

_________________
dimejinky99 wrote:
Hang on I check on my Grindr


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: iPhone problem
PostPosted: Sat September 13, 2014 8:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar
RM Elitist
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 8:43 pm
Posts: 13312
bodysnatcher wrote:
in their iphone?

.

_________________
dimejinky99 wrote:
Hang on I check on my Grindr


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: iPhone problem
PostPosted: Sat September 13, 2014 11:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Polluted
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:27 am
Posts: 7016
Location: PM me, I have everything.
Whilst asking for tech support, it's polite to let people know which device you're using, Skitch. Try harder.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: iPhone problem
PostPosted: Sun September 14, 2014 1:06 am 
Offline
User avatar
RM Elitist
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 8:43 pm
Posts: 13312
Self wrote:
Whilst asking for tech support, it's polite to let people know which device you're using, Skitch. Try harder.



Bullshit. Thread is already titled as iPhone support.

_________________
dimejinky99 wrote:
Hang on I check on my Grindr


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: iPhone problem
PostPosted: Sun September 14, 2014 1:32 am 
Offline
User avatar
Polluted
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:27 am
Posts: 7016
Location: PM me, I have everything.
You're Appleist.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: iPhone problem
PostPosted: Sun July 12, 2015 1:46 am 
Online
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed February 06, 2013 2:47 am
Posts: 17405
Location: Hunter
So my iPhone
Spoiler: show
hey skitch
logs me out of RM whenever I switch networks, wifi or 4G?

Anyone else experience this? Is it a setting or just a pain in the arse I'll have to live with?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: iPhone problem
PostPosted: Sun July 12, 2015 1:48 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 31438
Location: this field intentionally left blank
LetMeSleep wrote:
So my iPhone
Spoiler: show
hey skitch
logs me out of RM whenever I switch networks, wifi or 4G?

Anyone else experience this? Is it a setting or just a pain in the arse I'll have to live with?

This has not happened on my iPhone.

_________________
BurtReynolds wrote:
If earth were a sphere, it would be impossible for any of us to stay grounded.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: iPhone problem
PostPosted: Sun July 12, 2015 1:53 am 
Online
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed February 06, 2013 2:47 am
Posts: 17405
Location: Hunter
Must be a setting then.

So to clarify, LV, you stay logged in day after day after day?


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Help, Help » Technical Support


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Wed December 13, 2017 5:14 am