The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: TV: Homeland
PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 12:21 pm 
Future Drummer

A TV show about a fat chick who fights terrorists.

Post subject: Re: TV: Homeland
PostPosted: Sun January 06, 2013 4:25 am 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

She sure knows how to play a crazy chick.

PostPosted: Wed January 09, 2013 2:08 pm 
TIER 1 Essential Critical Infrastructure Worker

broken iris wrote:

Fat? Are we watching the same show? I know Claire Danes was pregnant in real life last season but I thought they did a good job hiding it. That's why you saw Carrie sitting around more and in bulkier clothes this season.
I liked the first year and thought the first five episodes this one were fantastic before it dropped off considerably. It's the only Showtime series I watched and with my subscription expiring this month I doubt I'll renew. If I don't keep up with the show going forward I'm fine with it.

PostPosted: Wed January 09, 2013 2:17 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Biff Pocoroba wrote:
broken iris wrote:

Fat? Are we watching the same show? I know Claire Danes was pregnant in real life last season but I thought they did a good job hiding it. That's why you saw Carrie sitting around more and in bulkier clothes this season.
I liked the first year and thought the first five episodes this one were fantastic before it dropped off considerably. It's the only Showtime series I watched and with my subscription expiring this month I doubt I'll renew. If I don't keep up with the show going forward I'm fine with it.

yeah fat? thats crazy.

Awesome show.

PostPosted: Wed January 09, 2013 8:44 pm 
Future Drummer

I am 3 epsiodes in so far. Pretty good stuff.

PostPosted: Thu January 10, 2013 3:46 am 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

pretty excited for season 3.

PostPosted: Mon January 14, 2013 2:24 pm 
Future Drummer

I loved how the producer spat out tons of spoilers for last season during the Golden Globes last night. Hope every who saw that was caught up on the series.

PostPosted: Wed January 16, 2013 1:12 pm 
Future Drummer

I just watched season 1 episode 7, the weekend, what an great ending to an episode. This has to be one of the best written shows I have ever watched.

PostPosted: Wed January 16, 2013 2:14 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

lowlight79 wrote:
I just watched season 1 episode 7, the weekend, what an great ending to an episode. This has to be one of the best written shows I have ever watched.

Season 1 is flawless, the 2nd had some minor issues but its good too.

im stoked for whats next.

PostPosted: Wed March 27, 2013 2:29 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

i just now watching this...thanks to xfinity watchathon...since i dont have showtime.
i watched first 4 episodes and it is pretty good so far, but kind of predictible.

PostPosted: Wed March 27, 2013 3:12 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

BDB wrote:
i just now watching this...thanks to xfinity watchathon...since i dont have showtime.
i watched first 4 episodes and it is pretty good so far, but kind of predictible.

You will be in love with Claire.

PostPosted: Wed March 27, 2013 3:14 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

VinylGuy wrote:
BDB wrote:

PostPosted: Wed March 27, 2013 3:38 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

turned2black wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
BDB wrote:

i was watching Terminator 3 the other day, and i thought she was great. Actually she isnt great at all, but im still under her Homeland Spell.

PostPosted: Wed March 27, 2013 4:22 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

VinylGuy wrote:
turned2black wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
BDB wrote:

i was watching Terminator 3 the other day, and i thought she was great. Actually she isnt great at all, but im still under her Homeland Spell.

I hear ya, bro. Those crazy eyes having been telling me to do all sorts of weird shit. But I will do their bidding. And one thing is certain, I can't ever leave. They have made that abundantly clear. I... CAN'T... EVER... LEAVE.

PostPosted: Wed March 27, 2013 5:31 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

I was really disappointed by this one. I finished the first season and it was fine, but I don't really care whether or not I keep watching. There were a few too many silly moments, and I really don't like the Claire Danes character. She's pretty annoying to me. In fact, by the end of the first season, the only character I was still actually interested in was Saul. I definitely don't get what everyone sees in this show. It is of a decidedly Showtime quality (good enough but lacking that important spark of something that gives a show real life and elevates it above typical television fare. I'm thinking here of Weeds, Dexter, and U.S. of Tara. Really only HBO and AMC have been able to do it with any consistency.)

PostPosted: Wed March 27, 2013 6:19 pm 
The Master

The Argonaut wrote:
I was really disappointed by this one. I finished the first season and it was fine, but I don't really care whether or not I keep watching. There were a few too many silly moments, and I really don't like the Claire Danes character. She's pretty annoying to me. In fact, by the end of the first season, the only character I was still actually interested in was Saul. I definitely don't get what everyone sees in this show. It is of a decidedly Showtime quality (good enough but lacking that important spark of something that gives a show real life and elevates it above typical television fare. I'm thinking here of Weeds, Dexter, and U.S. of Tara. Really only HBO and AMC have been able to do it with any consistency.)

I'm with you. I'll check out season 2, but the critical praise for this show kind of baffles me.

PostPosted: Wed March 27, 2013 6:23 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

The Argonaut wrote:

Carrie annoys me as well, but that is why I am so drawn to the character. You want her to pull her shit together and use that big, screwed-up brain to become the whip-smart agent she really wants to be. But she is highly flawed and you can see the mental eggshells she walks on in every scene.
It's a brilliant character and Claire Danes plays it so well, I think she may actually suffer from some kind of mental illness herself. It's mesmerizing.

PostPosted: Wed March 27, 2013 6:33 pm 
AnalLog

The Argonaut wrote:

End of Season 1 blew - Season 2 was pretty good though.

PostPosted: Wed March 27, 2013 6:34 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

turned2black wrote:
The Argonaut wrote:

Carrie annoys me as well, but that is why I am so drawn to the character. You want her to pull her shit together and use that big, screwed-up brain to become the whip-smart agent she really wants to be. But she is highly flawed and you can see the mental eggshells she walks on in every scene.
It's a brilliant character and Claire Danes plays it so well, I think she may actually suffer from some kind of mental illness herself. It's mesmerizing.

:haha:

Crazy Eyes..please let me be free again.

PostPosted: Wed March 27, 2013 6:37 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

VinylGuy wrote:
turned2black wrote:
The Argonaut wrote:

:haha:

Crazy Eyes..please let me be free again.

It's best you don't fight it, bro. They always end up winning.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment