The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post subject: Re: Pearl Jam - Cinderellas 2013 (a compilation)
PostPosted: Sat March 29, 2014 2:47 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Iholdthepain wrote:
Thanks...

Cool gif, what does it mean?

PostPosted: Sat March 29, 2014 3:02 am 
Future Drummer

Happy to have a link, then I heard it.

Sorry, team 1994.

PostPosted: Sat March 29, 2014 4:32 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Iholdthepain wrote:
Happy to have a link, then I heard it.

Sorry, team 1994.

Haha, whatever. There was virtually nothing that was better about the 94 version except the bootleg sounds a million times shittier.

PostPosted: Sat March 29, 2014 4:48 pm 
Future Drummer

He didn't mess up the verse/chorus order as much in '94 and it a more organic, less contrived-sounding performance. There's a good audience recording of it somewhere... I first heard it on the No Fucking Messiah boot ($45), so maybe it's romanticized a bit...

The version in your link has wrong lyrics in places, and I think it just sounds awkward.

PostPosted: Sat March 29, 2014 6:25 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Iholdthepain wrote:
He didn't mess up the verse/chorus order as much in '94 and it a more organic, less contrived-sounding performance. There's a good audience recording of it somewhere... I first heard it on the No Fucking Messiah boot ($45), so maybe it's romanticized a bit...

The version in your link has wrong lyrics in places, and I think it just sounds awkward.

Ok, I didn't mean to make it seem like I cared if you liked it or not. I happen to think it's fantastic. I've never noticed there was wrong lyrics and I'm not sure what you mean when you say it sounds contrived. I don't think he's come close to singing anything with that kind of emotion and sincerity in years. I also think Ed's voice in 2003 is my absolute favorite. He was such a better singer in 03 than he was in the early years and obviously light years better than he sounds now. Oh well, let's just agree to disagree.

PostPosted: Sat March 29, 2014 7:17 pm 
Future Drummer

That's cool, HM... I think Ed still has it in him to be emotionally driven in performance, but after 23 years, he's been de-sensitized quite a bit and approaches his vocals much differently... I keep going back to the beginning of Hartford '13. That version of Pendulum>Long Road>Sometimes is a very emotional response to meeting parents of the Sandy Hook victims, and the quality of performance is unparalleled by anything I've heard from PJ in years. I think you can even hear Ed get a bit overwhelmed, himself, during part of LR.

I think the main reason why I like Pendulum so much as an opener is because it has that newness and passion that Release gave me as an opener in the 90's... Over time, it has become stale.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 10:39 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Iholdthepain wrote:
That's cool, HM... I think Ed still has it in him to be emotionally driven in performance, but after 23 years, he's been de-sensitized quite a bit and approaches his vocals much differently... I keep going back to the beginning of Hartford '13. That version of Pendulum>Long Road>Sometimes is a very emotional response to meeting parents of the Sandy Hook victims, and the quality of performance is unparalleled by anything I've heard from PJ in years. I think you can even hear Ed get a bit overwhelmed, himself, during part of LR.

I think the main reason why I like Pendulum so much as an opener is because it has that newness and passion that Release gave me as an opener in the 90's... Over time, it has become stale.

- Curious - I felt the same about pendulum>release>long road opening in LA (1st night) this past tour. It was amazing.

PostPosted: Thu August 25, 2016 2:32 am 
tl;dr

Threw this on on a whim today and quite enjoyed it. :thumbsup:

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live