The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk About The 1995 Tour
PostPosted: Tue August 13, 2013 2:37 pm 
AnalLog

VinylGuy wrote:
matt reeder wrote:
MattA75 wrote:
those first week November 95 shows are pretty much all completely fucking awesome
a

But man, they were miserable, confused and out of sync with one another at the same time. It's amazing those shows are as good as they are (and I love them all) - 1995 must have been a strange, frustrating year for them.

yeah, it seems they werent talking at all. Seems Ed and Jack were in one band and the rest of the guys in another one.

I think those are Jack's best run of shows...especially the SLC shows...

PostPosted: Thu August 15, 2013 12:19 am 
Future Drummer

this still kills me. everytime.

Have you considered stacking papers and getting paid?

PostPosted: Mon March 10, 2014 5:28 am 
10Club Complaint Department

On this day 19 years ago I first saw PJ. What a gig, what a night.

PostPosted: Mon March 10, 2014 11:23 pm 
Future Drummer

I am working on a 95-98 jack irons mix and having a listen to the obvious choices from these tours and some of the higher quality audience recordings. Man, these guys knew how to play a show back then. Definitely my favorite period from the band.

PostPosted: Tue March 11, 2014 12:27 am 
A Return To Form

San Jose was one of my first boots and still one of my favorite shows to this day. Absolutely love the early versions of Brain of J and Red Mosquito.

PostPosted: Tue March 11, 2014 12:34 am 
Future Drummer

Saw 'em in Austin, after the postponement of the tour. They moved the start time in the days before the event. Many people showed up right as the show was ending. Needless to say, they were pissed. Lots of PJ fans jumped ship during this time for various reasons such as this...

...Although it was hot as hell that day and I passed out during The Ramones' set, it was a great performance and setlist. They covered Act Of Love and Talk About The Passion... Great creative time for the band, indeed!

...BTW, a very nice aud boot exists of this show.

PostPosted: Tue March 11, 2014 1:13 am 
Poster of the Year

hlniv wrote:
I am working on a 95-98 jack irons mix and having a listen to the obvious choices from these tours and some of the higher quality audience recordings. Man, these guys knew how to play a show back then. Definitely my favorite period from the band.

Check out the Soundboard Remaster Series.

PostPosted: Tue March 11, 2014 2:09 am 
Future Drummer

cutuphalfdead wrote:
hlniv wrote:

Where? If you don't mind me asking...

PostPosted: Tue March 11, 2014 2:13 am 
Poster of the Year

Iholdthepain wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
hlniv wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=837

PostPosted: Tue March 11, 2014 5:09 am 
Future Drummer

cutuphalfdead wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
hlniv wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=837

Holy Shit! Very nice... Thank you.

PostPosted: Tue March 11, 2014 1:58 pm 
The Master

Iholdthepain wrote:
Saw 'em in Austin, after the postponement of the tour. They moved the start time in the days before the event. Many people showed up right as the show was ending. Needless to say, they were pissed. Lots of PJ fans jumped ship during this time for various reasons such as this...

...Although it was hot as hell that day and I passed out during The Ramones' set, it was a great performance and setlist. They covered Act Of Love and Talk About The Passion... Great creative time for the band, indeed!

...BTW, a very nice aud boot exists of this show.

yea thats a good show!

Milwaukee Night 2 95. First show. So incredible. Act of love, Little Wing/Maggot Brain, New Jeremy and blistering versions of everything.

PostPosted: Tue March 11, 2014 3:19 pm 
Future Drummer

cutuphalfdead wrote:
hlniv wrote:

Yeah, I have. It's one of the greatest things ever created.

Throw in well done soundboards/mixes from Chicago 7/11, San Diego 11/7, San Jose 11/4, plus a good audience matrix from the Red Rocks 6/20, and there is a ton of top notch recorded material from this tour.

The '96 shows are similarly great. The Berlin show is the crown jewel, but audience recordings from Randall's Island, Hartford, Toledo, Hamburg, they're all well done and are great sets/performances. (Toledo was my first PJ show - I am biased towards it).

I wish there was more quality recordings with Jack from early '98 out there. The Melbourne show from the SRS is very nice, but there's really not many others.

PostPosted: Tue March 11, 2014 8:00 pm 
"Supersonic sucks."

hlniv wrote:
I wish there was more quality recordings with Jack from early '98 out there. The Melbourne show from the SRS is very nice, but there's really not many others.

Maui, Melbourne 1 (March 2), Melbourne 2 (March 3) and Sydney 2 (March 11) are all excellent recordings - some of my favourite shows.

PostPosted: Tue March 11, 2014 8:34 pm 
Future Drummer

Birds in Hell wrote:
hlniv wrote:

Maui, Melbourne 1 (March 2), Melbourne 2 (March 3) and Sydney 2 (March 11) are all excellent recordings - some of my favourite shows.

I'll check 'em out

thanks

PostPosted: Tue March 11, 2014 9:10 pm 
Future Drummer

hlniv wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
hlniv wrote:

Yeah, I have. It's one of the greatest things ever created.

Throw in well done soundboards/mixes from Chicago 7/11, San Diego 11/7, San Jose 11/4, plus a good audience matrix from the Red Rocks 6/20, and there is a ton of top notch recorded material from this tour.

The '96 shows are similarly great. The Berlin show is the crown jewel, but audience recordings from Randall's Island, Hartford, Toledo, Hamburg, they're all well done and are great sets/performances. (Toledo was my first PJ show - I am biased towards it).

Check out the 11/25/96 Portugal boot... Last show of the tour, and even if the boot is somewhat crappy, it's worth a listen just for the unbelievable crowd response and interplay with the band... THIS is the reason why PJ keeps coming back to Lisbon.

If there was a sbd of this show, it would be the crown jewel!

Oh, but wait... We're talking about 1995.

Red Rocks, Milwaukee, and Chicago are my medalists for 1995.

PostPosted: Fri March 21, 2014 12:24 pm 
A Return To Form

95 Australian tour was incredible. I bought six tickets to night 1 in Brisbane and took my future wife with me and some mates. Two concerts sold out in something like 2 mins. Think it cost me $35 a pop. Somewhere around here I have the ticket stubs. Got a shirt and concert booklet thingy too.

Fuckin awesome show. Loud and raw. They smashed out the first three songs without saying a word and Last Exit was incredible. I still believe to this day that the concert chronology is wrong and that against the seventies was played straight after Betterman. I did not know the song at the time but it sure as shit was not act of love. Still it was a long time ago so I could be wrong.

I was living on campus at the time and PJ were certainly top of the tree. Across the country there was so much hype and excitement about this tour. The fact that it made the mainstream news so often is still amazing.

Awesome awesome night.

PostPosted: Tue March 03, 2015 10:08 pm 
"Supersonic sucks."

TwoFeetThick posted this article last week, I'd missed it until now: Another Mystery Solved: Unearthed Taipei Setlist, February 24, 1995

As explained in the article, the Taiwan show was the most recent unknown Pearl Jam setlist until this came to light (now it's a show from 1993).

PostPosted: Thu June 22, 2017 6:56 pm 
Future Drummer

The 6.22.95 (sacramento) came on XM today. Damn they sound amazing. The boot is pretty bad in quality but they are rocking.

ANimal is fire right now

PostPosted: Thu June 22, 2017 7:04 pm 
Future Drummer

WTF is this weird Jeremy thing <_<

PostPosted: Thu June 22, 2017 7:45 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Pearl Jam's FB page just posted a video of the Not For You performance from Manila '95. I can't get it to embed though. So, there, I just told you about a video and you all will have to just imagine what it is like.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live