The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2698 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 135  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Official Neil Young Thread
PostPosted: Mon March 04, 2013 12:46 am 
Jeff's Infallible Pendulum

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/neil-young/2013/perth-arena-perth-australia-2bdb003a.html

So the setlists have been pretty consistent since last year by the looks of it. I'd be pretty happy if I got 95% of this set in Melbourne.

The only variations I could see from skimming were the occasional Cortez or Farmer John in the encore.

PostPosted: Mon March 04, 2013 12:51 am 
The Master

Im so, so glad that i got OVer and Over to close the show. I never thought - ever - that I would hear that song live. I shed a couple tears of joy when that happened....

PostPosted: Mon March 04, 2013 1:07 am 
Poster of the Year

I just ordered his book.

PostPosted: Mon March 04, 2013 1:12 am 
The Master

?

The Official Neil Young Thread book as penned by PunkDavid?

PostPosted: Mon March 04, 2013 1:46 am 
10Club Complaint Department

Fuzzcharger wrote:
I've got Neil and Bob Mould next week in Melbourne. GA tickets up the front too. Most excited.

I'll be interested to hear Spenno's report.

Busy month. Neil on Sunday then 2 Springsteen gigs and Robert Plant on the 28th. Dinosaur Jr had to be sacrificed.

PostPosted: Mon March 04, 2013 2:09 am 

LetMeSleep wrote:
Fuzzcharger wrote:
I've got Neil and Bob Mould next week in Melbourne. GA tickets up the front too. Most excited.

I'll be interested to hear Spenno's report.

Busy month. Neil on Sunday then 2 Springsteen gigs and Robert Plant on the 28th. Dinosaur Jr had to be sacrificed.

I was pretty tempted to do a Dino Jr/Redd Kross show but I had to prioritise. Plus I've seen Dino Jr a couple of times. I'm also seeing Robert Plant early April. For once it's in my hometown and I dont have to travel.

PostPosted: Mon March 04, 2013 4:05 am 

This is funny......

Quote:
Jacko of Rockingham Posted at 2:30 AM March 03, 2013

Message to Neil Young. Wouldn't hurt to play a few favourites mate. That's what most of the fans came to see. Walking along the platform at the train station on the way home, their was an old bloke with a t-shirt in front of me which had written on the back "Old Man" - "Needle and the damage done" I reckon he would have been pretty disappointed, just like almost everyone else in the crowd. Your voice is still good and you can still play. Cut out one or two of those never ending, head banging guitar solos and you could have fitted in 3 or 4 more classic songs which we were all hoping to hear. I would have thought you would have gotten the message when you played "Heart of Gold" and got the only real big roar for the night. Radio is for putting out new material. Concerts are for singing along to classics.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/top-stories/old-favourites-not-in-youngs-set/comments-e6frg12l-1226589202696

PostPosted: Mon March 04, 2013 4:15 am 

hahaha. this is nearly in every review of a dylan or young show in australia. fucking morons who don't know much about the artist and they EXPECT a greatest hits show. No problem with the show, just leave your expectations at the door.

PostPosted: Mon March 04, 2013 6:37 am 

Quote:
It was the worst concert I have ever been to. A few people in our row left after three songs and we never saw them again. We would have left as well but thought surely this will get better it is Neil Young after all! All I can say is they are "too old to rock and roll and too young to die" it was a miserable experience. Thank goodness dinner in Northbridge was so good.

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon March 04, 2013 6:44 am 

Quote:
Actually its not unreasonable for rock acts to tell a prospective audience what they will be playing..At any classical concert you will know exactly what pieces will be played before you buy your ticket..so if its good enough for Bach, Vivaldi etc why not Neil Young? Surely he could have said that the show will feature just 3 acoustic numbers and concentrate strongly on his most recent album and be played largely in the grunge genre..I'm pretty sure I saw him do a show like this in the early 90s at the old entertainment centre and it was pretty hard going..three guys masturbating with guitars in a little circle...only for the aficionados.

PostPosted: Mon March 04, 2013 6:45 am 
Rank This Poster
 WWW  Profile

I love it when reviewers like that hate a show. It means it was probably top-notch.

PostPosted: Mon March 04, 2013 6:46 am 
Poster of the Year

Yup.

PostPosted: Mon March 04, 2013 6:49 am 

Quote:
Wow, interesting to see the comments - some validity in all I guess. I am one of those who recall his early days and after a lengthy opening assault on my hearing last night (I persevered to the point where I said to my wife 'could someone please hand him an acoustic guitar and harmonica') I got my fix. But it was a short break before the ongoing assault continued, even including a song with obscene gestures and langauge which was a revelation! Clearly I have failed to keep up with deteriorating social norms. A bit more balance of the old and new would have done me nicely. Oh well, back to the vinyls and volume control!

PostPosted: Mon March 04, 2013 7:08 am 

Birds in Hell wrote:
Quote:
Wow, interesting to see the comments - some validity in all I guess. I am one of those who recall his early days and after a lengthy opening assault on my hearing last night (I persevered to the point where I said to my wife 'could someone please hand him an acoustic guitar and harmonica') I got my fix. But it was a short break before the ongoing assault continued, even including a song with obscene gestures and langauge which was a revelation! Clearly I have failed to keep up with deteriorating social norms. A bit more balance of the old and new would have done me nicely. Oh well, back to the vinyls and volume control!

Just gets me readier for what will be an awesome gig. It'll be my 3rd Neil show and the other 2 were great.

PostPosted: Mon March 04, 2013 2:56 pm 
The Master

The hell they even complaining about?

1. Love And Only Love
2. Powderfinger
3. Born In Ontario
4. Walk Like A Giant
5. Hole In The Sky*
6. Heart Of Gold
7. Twisted Road
8. Singer Without A Song
9. Ramada Inn
10. Cinnamon Girl
11. F*!#in' Up
12. Mr. Soul
13. Hey Hey, My My (Into The Black)

---
14. Roll Another Number

Those are pretty much the only Neil Young "Hits", no??

PostPosted: Mon March 04, 2013 10:35 pm 

Strat wrote:

TONIGHT!

PostPosted: Mon March 04, 2013 10:57 pm 
Rank This Poster
 WWW  Profile

Shiiiiiiittt... Have an awesome time, Spenno !!!!

PostPosted: Mon March 04, 2013 11:07 pm 

WtOB? wrote:
Shiiiiiiittt... Have an awesome time, Spenno !!!!

x2

Will you be getting merch? I'd be interested to hear what goods they have on offer.

PostPosted: Mon March 04, 2013 11:09 pm 
The Master

Birds in Hell wrote:
Strat wrote:

TONIGHT!

PostPosted: Tue March 05, 2013 12:21 am 
Banned from the Pit

Tonight people neil young and the horse will tear the roof of the dump that we call the Adelaide entertainment centre. TONIGHT!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2698 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 135  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands