The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1983 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 100  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Weight Loss Thread
PostPosted: Thu January 30, 2014 8:30 pm 
Rank This Poster

spenno, are you a part-time gargoyle?

PostPosted: Thu January 30, 2014 8:46 pm 
"Supersonic sucks."

Alex wrote:
spenno, are you a part-time gargoyle?

No.

PostPosted: Tue February 04, 2014 11:51 pm 
The Master

Birds in Hell wrote:
turned2black wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
Hey, so I've lost a bit over the last year or so.

Posting this makes me feel like a rampaging egomaniac, desperately seeking validation from the internet, but oh well.

That's awesome! Nice work, Spenno.

Simple Torture wrote:
Hey, screw you guys! Looking good, Spenno!

Thanks, guys.

:)

You ought to be proud! nothing ego maniac about patting yourself on the back for an accomplishment fought hard for! Good on ya!

PostPosted: Wed February 05, 2014 12:36 am 
"Supersonic sucks."

Strat wrote:
You ought to be proud! nothing ego maniac about patting yourself on the back for an accomplishment fought hard for! Good on ya!

Cheers, Strat.

:)

PostPosted: Thu February 06, 2014 9:26 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

So when I busted up my wrist and I was left moping around the house recovering for weeks - my weight got to around 78kg (185.19 lb) - then in October I started getting back to the gym doing junk, and now I'm sitting at 98kg (216.05 lb) - still can't get rid of that layer of fat around my stomach though....

Am I in the wrong thread?

PostPosted: Fri February 07, 2014 3:43 am 
AnalLog

Rangi Guy wrote:
So when I busted up my wrist and I was left moping around the house recovering for weeks - my weight got to around 78kg (185.19 lb) - then in October I started getting back to the gym doing junk, and now I'm sitting at 98kg (216.05 lb) - still can't get rid of that layer of fat around my stomach though....

no. sounds like you want to lose it. what can we do to help?

i've lost 15 lbs in the last 1.5 months. i'm stuck at 229 right now. so frustrating. really would like to get back down to my wedding weight. it's the last time i remember not being considered to be obese...fucking BMI. yea, i'm 8 years older and that just sucks, but i know i have it in me. my ultimate goal is to get under 200. but i can't even remember being under 200 and it's really disheartening.

diet. exercise. what about smoking or coke? what else to do??

PostPosted: Fri February 07, 2014 3:50 am 
Mind Your Tanners

red calzolaio wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:

i've lost 15 lbs in the last 1.5 months. i'm stuck at 229 right now. so frustrating. really would like to get back down to my wedding weight. it's the last time i remember not being considered to be obese...fucking BMI. yea, i'm 8 years older and that just sucks, but i know i have it in me. my ultimate goal is to get under 200. but i can't even remember being under 200 and it's really disheartening.

Thing is - not too worried about the weight so much - I had on of those fat test things done, and it's at somethign like 15% - it's just that layer on the stomach...

PostPosted: Fri February 07, 2014 3:51 am 
AnalLog

Rangi Guy wrote:
red calzolaio wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:

Thing is - not too worried about the weight so much - I had on of those fat test things done, and it's at somethign like 15% - it's just that layer on the stomach...

beer drinker?

PostPosted: Fri February 07, 2014 3:54 am 
Mind Your Tanners

red calzolaio wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:
red calzolaio wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:

beer drinker?

Nope - don't like beer. Could be the whiskey maybe.... Maybe I should just do more cardio

PostPosted: Fri February 07, 2014 3:57 am 
AnalLog

Rangi Guy wrote:
red calzolaio wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:
red calzolaio wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:

beer drinker?

Nope - don't like beer. Could be the whiskey maybe.... Maybe I should just do more cardio

hell of a lot of whiskey!

PostPosted: Fri February 07, 2014 5:49 pm 
AnalLog

Down 21 lbs as of this morning :)

PostPosted: Fri February 07, 2014 5:51 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Chloe wrote:
Down 21 lbs as of this morning :)

:thumbsup: Nice work!

PostPosted: Fri February 07, 2014 5:53 pm 
AnalLog

Thanks! It's been a very long journey :)

PostPosted: Tue July 01, 2014 3:28 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Can this be moved to the Fitness, Health & Etc. forum?

PostPosted: Tue July 08, 2014 12:03 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

There it is; finally got this moved to the right forum!

As always, I weighed in on Tuesday, and I'm down 33.6 lbs in the past 18 months (303-269). I've been "plateauing" since last September (which was the last time I was under 270), so this is good news.

PostPosted: Tue July 08, 2014 1:10 pm 
Future Drummer

Simple Torture wrote:
There it is; finally got this moved to the right forum!

As always, I weighed in on Tuesday, and I'm down 33.6 lbs in the past 18 months (303-269). I've been "plateauing" since last September (which was the last time I was under 270), so this is good news.

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue July 08, 2014 7:24 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Rangi Guy wrote:
red calzolaio wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:
red calzolaio wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:

beer drinker?

Honestly, if you are at or near 40, cranking up the cardio is virtually the only way to lose that fat layer around the stomach. Although a short toning routine may do you some good. When I was at my fittest, I would do my 10-miler then follow it up with about 20 minutes of push-ups, sit-ups and pull-ups. Also, 90% of your calories should come before 7 p.m.

Also, I put zero importance in BMI. BMI only takes into account weight and height, which is fucking ridiculous. I know a ton of superfit guys under 6 foot that are 180 to 190 lbs. who would be considered overweight by BMI standards and I know a ton of dudes over 6 feet who are super skinny and super unhealthy and couldn't run a block if their life depended on it. Body fat percentage is way more important.

PostPosted: Tue July 08, 2014 8:25 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

turned2black wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:
red calzolaio wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:
red calzolaio wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:

beer drinker?

Honestly, if you are at or near 40, cranking up the cardio is virtually the only way to lose that fat layer around the stomach. Although a short toning routine may do you some good. When I was at my fittest, I would do my 10-miler then follow it up with about 20 minutes of push-ups, sit-ups and pull-ups. Also, 90% of your calories should come before 7 p.m.

Also, I put zero importance in BMI. BMI only takes into account weight and height, which is fucking ridiculous. I know a ton of superfit guys under 6 foot that are 180 to 190 lbs. who would be considered overweight by BMI standards and I know a ton of dudes over 6 feet who are super skinny and super unhealthy and couldn't run a block if their life depended on it. Body fat percentage is way more important.

Yeah - I've never paid much attention to BMI - I've never fallen into the 'healthy' spectrum according to that. I did get a body fat percentage test done and that's sitting at 15.6%, which I guess isn't too bad. I've started doing more cardio at the gym....well cross-fit type stuff afew days a week instead of just doing weights, and once a week in the evenings I do MMA which certainly gets the sweat on, so hopefully that'll help

PostPosted: Wed July 30, 2014 7:03 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

I'm on a week long liquid only cleanse. Only on day three. I'm so fucking hungry right now.

PostPosted: Wed July 30, 2014 7:34 pm 
AnalLog

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
I'm on a week long liquid only cleanse. Only on day three. I'm so fucking hungry right now.

wtf.

what are you cleansing? my wife says she wants to do a three day liquid thing. i just don't get it. especially since she's tiny.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1983 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 100  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports