The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: JFK Assassination
PostPosted: Sun November 17, 2013 5:01 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

My father was in Dallas on a business trip for the 40th anniversary ten years ago and went down to Dealey Plaza to check out the scene. Apparently there were all sorts of crazies out that day, including people climbing into the sewer (one theory is that someone fired from a sewer grate). He did meet and have a chat with Jesse Ventura on the grassy knoll, though (as I said, the crazies were out, as I'll expect them to be this week).

PostPosted: Sun November 17, 2013 5:26 pm 
A Return To Form

All of the conspiracy theories involve a whole lot of assumption and little direct evidence. Ockham would not approve.

Case Closed by Gerald Posner is really the definitive work on the JFK assassination.

"if you put the murdered President of the United States on one side of a scale and that wretched waif Oswald on the other side, it doesn't balance. You want to add something weightier to Oswald. It would invest the President's death with meaning, endowing him with martyrdom. He would have died for something. . . . A conspiracy would, of course, do the job nicely." — William Manchester.

PostPosted: Sun November 17, 2013 5:29 pm 
post-structuralist

Man in Black wrote:
All of the conspiracy theories involve a whole lot of assumption and little direct evidence. Ockham would not approve.

Case Closed by Gerald Posner is really the definitive work on the JFK assassination.

"if you put the murdered President of the United States on one side of a scale and that wretched waif Oswald on the other side, it doesn't balance. You want to add something weightier to Oswald. It would invest the President's death with meaning, endowing him with martyrdom. He would have died for something. . . . A conspiracy would, of course, do the job nicely." — William Manchester.

sorry to agree with you, MiB, but this^

Spoiler: show
people change. people stay the same. people are so often disappointing - random PM, person unnamed

PostPosted: Sun November 17, 2013 5:38 pm 
A Return To Form

darth_vedder wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
I'm pretty certain Oswald did it.

Are you two fucking around or are y'all serious? There is no way Oswald acted alone. He probably had something to do with it, but it wasn't him and him alone. Y'all really can't think that, can you?

Sure.

I mean, I've never seriously researched it, but what I've read before suggests there's a pretty compelling evidential basis for believing that Oswald acted entirely alone; the ballistics and whatnot checks out.

So I'm not denying that he probably pulled the trigger, at least one of them, but I don't think he just thought of all of this on his own. He was in cahoots with people. Who those people are, I do not know, but it involves the government and Jack Ruby.

I've done a fair amount of research on this topic and I'd be interested to hear your theory, along with your best corroborating evidence.

PostPosted: Sun November 17, 2013 5:47 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

Man in Black wrote:

That's an excellent point.

PostPosted: Sun November 17, 2013 7:03 pm 
Poster of the Year

Yep. No one wants to believe that it's even possible for Oswald to act alone in this. It doesn't make sense that someone so insignificant, just by being positioned in the right place at the right time, can so profoundly alter history. I'm sorry but he can, and he probably did.

PostPosted: Sun November 17, 2013 7:10 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

Thanks for paraphrasing the post, Chud.

PostPosted: Sun November 17, 2013 7:12 pm 
Poster of the Year

I need to finish reading threads before constructing my reply.

PostPosted: Mon November 18, 2013 5:18 am 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

There is so much info out there these days that I am honestly shocked that people still subscribe to the belief that Oswald acted alone.

So many testimonies that state shots heard from the grassy knoll, shots rising from the fence, a woman actually chased a guy who was running away from there only to be stopped by a man claiming to be secret service.

There were lots of men claiming to be secret service that day around the grassy knoll straight after the shooting despite all secret service men officially accounted for and none actually on the ground that day apart from being part of the moving motorcade. Dozens of people testified to the Dallas police and later to the Warren Commission but the whole issue was never looked into and the Commission ignored.

People such as Lee Bowers, a railroad worker sat in his tower overlooking the area behind the fence saw people there just moments before the shooting.

Police officers testified that when they heard shooting they ran to the grassy knoll area because that's where the shooting was coming from. The sheer amount of people in front of the grassy knoll who either ducked or hit the deck because they thought shooting was coming from the fence behind them is incredible. Abraham Zapruder was filming the whole thing and heard shots coming from over his right shoulder.

There is so much that was reported to the Warren Commission but flatly ignored. It's mind boggling.

Is it not strange that Oswald was this supposed lone nut but was actually given US intelligence training dating back to 1969, was seen in Jack Ruby's company more than once that year and then was killed by Jack Ruby who claimed he did it to spare Jackie Kennedy the trauma of the trial? There was testimony from someone whose name escapes me who saw Jack Ruby driving a truck with another guy in it who had a rifle just before the assassination. It's all too coincidental for me.

Why was the motorcade route suddenly changed to allow for that awkward turn onto Elm Street? Perhaps because if you look at the original route it would've bypassed the Book Depository and the grassy knoll making it hard for anyone to hide anywhere and shoot at Kennedy.

PostPosted: Mon November 18, 2013 6:31 pm 
TIER 1 Essential Critical Infrastructure Worker

I went to Dealey Plaza while in Dallas for the show. To actually see the site in person, and to look out the Museum's window next to the one where the shots were fired and see the white Xs on the street marking where Kennedy was hit..wow, powerful stuff.
I don't think we'll ever know the real story.

PostPosted: Mon November 18, 2013 6:43 pm 
Rank This Poster

within a year, NASA will release evidence of an advanced ancient alien civilization on mars

PostPosted: Mon November 18, 2013 6:50 pm 
post-structuralist

Alex wrote:
within a year, NASA will release evidence of an advanced ancient alien civilization on mars

which assassinated JFK?

Spoiler: show
people change. people stay the same. people are so often disappointing - random PM, person unnamed

PostPosted: Mon November 18, 2013 6:52 pm 
Rank This Poster

malice wrote:
Alex wrote:

which assassinated JFK?

PostPosted: Mon November 18, 2013 6:54 pm 
The Master

obama was behind this

PostPosted: Mon November 18, 2013 10:31 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

George Bush Snr almost certainly was.

PostPosted: Mon November 18, 2013 11:16 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Guys, science is your friend. It shows Oswald shot JFK. Now, whether others supported Oswald is another story. His dealings at the Russian embassy in Mexico City earlier still raise questions.

PostPosted: Mon November 18, 2013 11:31 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

it has to be in here, sorry

PostPosted: Mon November 18, 2013 11:48 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

Last edited by BurtReynolds on Mon March 06, 2023 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue November 19, 2013 1:24 am 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

that's one magic loogie

PostPosted: Tue November 19, 2013 6:12 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

Chris_H_2 wrote:
Guys, science is your friend. It shows Oswald shot JFK. Now, whether others supported Oswald is another story. His dealings at the Russian embassy in Mexico City earlier still raise questions.

Ballistics have a well documented pro military-industrial complex bias.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate