The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Time to send Matt back to SG?
PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2013 9:48 pm 
The Master

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
I mean, I'm no drummer so I'm sure my opinion will be null and void in here, but the dude has been a drummer twice as long as any of the other guys. He is the main PJ drummer out of all of them. This is Pearl Jam. And I think he adds a certain element to the band that the other guys didn't. MATT IS A GOOD GUY, TEAM.

TEAM RUDDO ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2013 9:49 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

I like a lot of what Matt does. What throws me into a rage is the fact that whenever I make a valid, technical complaint about something he does that I don't like, backed up with an argument, people throw "Yeah but he's a beast, a god!" at me. And I'm like OK, but either address my complaint or... suck a bag of dicks. Matt can stay. Matt will stay. At least he isn't Ringo Starr.

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2013 9:50 pm 
"Supersonic sucks."

Ringo was a brilliant drummer for the Beatles.

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2013 9:52 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

I think the more important issue is the one chinofstone brought up in the PJ Bitching thread. Harmless, could you please address that?

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2013 9:53 pm 

Answers like that are one of the many reasons I don't like The Beatles.

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2013 9:54 pm 

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
I think the more important issue is the one chinofstone brought up in the PJ Bitching thread. Harmless, could you please address that?

Can I save it for later?

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2013 9:56 pm 
The Master

what bothers me is "Matt is bored with pj" comments. They all stem from "yea, i just dont like this song, he is bored and he belongs in soundgarden, where is jack omg"

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2013 9:57 pm 
The worst

Strat wrote:
what bothers me is "Matt is bored with pj" comments. They all stem from "yea, i just dont like this song, he is bored and he belongs in soundgarden, where is jack omg"

didn't jack quit the band because he couldn't be bothered to go out and play his songs?

Running TSIS Review

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2013 10:01 pm 
Banned from the Pit

Strat wrote:

If there's one thing I see when I look at Matt, all sitting there on his throne and hitting things with sticks, is someone who looks not-bored. Either that or he's always smiling and looks like he's having fun, because he's retarded.

I can't figure out which of those is true. Fun drum, or fun durr durr durr.

The Master

stip wrote:
Strat wrote:

didn't jack quit the band because he couldn't be bothered to go out and play his songs?

8-)

Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

Strat wrote:

There's no evidence at all that he's bored with PJ. Never understood that complaint.

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2013 10:02 pm 
The Master

hankholetsgo wrote:
Strat wrote:

If there's one thing I see when I look at Matt, all sitting there on his throne and hitting things with sticks, is someone who looks not-bored. Either that or he's always smiling and looks like he's having fun, because he's retarded.

I can't figure out which of those is true. Fun drum, or fun durr durr durr.

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2013 10:02 pm 
Banned from the Pit

stip wrote:
Strat wrote:

I don't think Jack could keep pace. Same for Dave A - I remember seeing pictures of him icing his wrists.

Drumming sucks. It often hurts. But for some reason that doesn't seem to apply to Matt C.

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2013 10:03 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

And...

The Master

EJ wrote:
Strat wrote:

There's no evidence at all that he's bored with PJ. Never understood that complaint.

Because with soundgarden he does jesus christ pose and with pj he does thin air. Oh, and current era pj is bad

Strat wrote:

I'm not in love with Jack either. My "Matt is bored" comment was hyperbolic. I'm pissed off and tired for other reasons. But the quality of his drumming has deteriorated since Riot Act and LO2L, and Binaural, and even since S/T. His live drumming is a much more simplified version of what he once did, and littered with mistakes. I speculate that he isn't as interested in Pearl Jam's current music as he was in the music they played before Backspacer, and even before S/T. I assume the right to say that because I feel I can hear that in the music, and I feel I can see that when he plays live (and what he plays live / what he doesn't play live). I don't say anything just for the sake of it. I would not say any of this if I didn't really think it. Some of the drumming on Lightning Bolt and Backspacer is shockingly non-technical compared to what he used to do.

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2013 10:04 pm 
AnalLog

Strat wrote:

If there's someone in PJ who's bored or dissatisfied with it that someone is a complete moron. They don't need the money and each and all of them can do whatever they want artistically partly because they have the money to afford it.

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2013 10:06 pm 

Strat wrote:
EJ wrote:
Strat wrote:

Because with soundgarden he does jesus christ pose and with pj he does thin air. Oh, and current era pj is bad

I'm not comparing completely disparate genres.

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2013 10:07 pm 

Mine wrote:
Strat wrote:

If there's someone in PJ who's bored or dissatisfied with it that someone is a complete moron. They don't need the money and each and all of them can do whatever they want artistically partly because they have the money to afford it.

And they are doing whatever they want artistically... in other bands.

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2013 10:07 pm 
The Master

harmless wrote:
Strat wrote:

I'm pissed off and tired for other reasons

I like pushing your cute lil' buttons.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam