The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Time to send Matt back to SG?
PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2013 3:02 pm 
tl;dr

gardenparty wrote:
spike wrote:
they should probably just retire this one

:thumbsup:
A crown is nice once a tour but I'm with ya on this

The PJ10 version was a beautiful moment and a wonderful performance. I can't think of another version that hasn't felt like a slog to get through, especially since they added the "Chloe Dancer" section, which Eddie doesn't have the voice for and which is just another exercise in why Boom's toy keyboard is no replacement for a baby grand.

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2013 3:15 pm 
The Master

Birds in Hell wrote:
Is this that video everyone was talking about the other day?

It's Boom's "fault": Matt's setting the tempo to begin the song, Boom should've followed suit but he comes in substantially slower. Matt tries to adjust but it's still a mess.

Thank you so much. I haven't read any other post in this thread but im sure this set harmless off.

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2013 3:20 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Kevin Davis wrote:
gardenparty wrote:
spike wrote:

The PJ10 version was a beautiful moment and a wonderful performance. I can't think of another version that hasn't felt like a slog to get through, especially since they added the "Chloe Dancer" section, which Eddie doesn't have the voice for and which is just another exercise in why Boom's toy keyboard is no replacement for a baby grand.

i would love to get to hear it once before they put it away if they do, but its not one that ill be disappointed if i dont get to hear it

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2013 3:25 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
Kevin Davis wrote:
gardenparty wrote:
spike wrote:

i would love to get to hear it once before they put it away if they do, but its not one that ill be disappointed if i dont get to hear it

I've now seen it 3 times in the past 10 years. The first time at MSG1 2003 was pretty incredible. But, it really seems like a song they should only play once every 5 years or so.

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2013 3:38 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

EJ wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
Kevin Davis wrote:
gardenparty wrote:
spike wrote:

I've now seen it 3 times in the past 10 years. The first time at MSG1 2003 was pretty incredible. But, it really seems like a song they should only play once every 5 years or so.

id imagine its been played in NY more then anywhere else, so i can see people who always catching them there seeing it quite a few times

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2013 3:39 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

Strat wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:

It's Boom's "fault": Matt's setting the tempo to begin the song, Boom should've followed suit but he comes in substantially slower. Matt tries to adjust but it's still a mess.

Thank you so much. I haven't read any other post in this thread but im sure this set harmless off.

If you'd read some other posts in this thread, maybe you'd understand why I disagree instead of constantly dismissing my opinion because it's not pro-Matt.

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2013 4:47 pm 
The Master

harmless wrote:
Strat wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:

If you'd read some other posts in this thread, maybe you'd understand why I disagree instead of constantly dismissing my opinion because it's not pro-Matt.

harmless, we're all friends here. Anyone get to you yet?

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2013 4:49 pm 

Strat wrote:
harmless wrote:
Strat wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:

harmless, we're all friends here. Anyone get to you yet?

Everyone and everything gets to me.

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2013 5:05 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

STONE TELL 'IM

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2013 5:07 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

I would have backed this motion a few years ago. (2006/7)

But now I can't imagine PJ without him. Nor do I think they'd continue if he left.

It was a screw up. They happen.

They happen in soundgarden live gigs all the time if my pal Randall is to be believed.

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2013 5:17 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

dimejinky99 wrote:
But now I can't imagine PJ without him. Nor do I think they'd continue if he left.

I $uggest that perhap$ the remaining member$ would $tay together.

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2013 5:26 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Chris_H_2 wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

I $uggest that perhap$ the remaining member$ would $tay together.

they had said in the past( or at least ed did) that they wouldnt continue if matt left, but that was a long time ago, and ill be with him playing with soundgarden again that they have they have talked a bit about him possibly leaving permanently. i dont think they want him to go, but im pretty sure they would survive if he did

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2013 5:31 pm 

If he left, and they replaced him, it could actually be a good move in terms of songwriting and evolution of the whole thing.

I'm not saying he should but its a thought.

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2013 5:59 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

I'd ding Matt and Boom, and bring in Uncle Neil for another recording session and see what happens.

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2013 6:00 pm 

I would be a million times more interested in Pearl Jam if they got a great *and* enthusiastic drummer involved.

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2013 6:01 pm 

MC isn't enthusiastic?

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2013 6:02 pm 
AnalLog

dimejinky99 wrote:
MC isn't enthusiastic?

i think he meant enthusiastic about his (long) hair

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2013 6:08 pm 

He's a hyperactive kid jizzed up on twenty cans of soda by comparison to jack irons. If you want to talk about enthusiasm

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2013 6:28 pm 

Matt is not enthusiastic about Pearl Jam's music, in spite of being a kid on too many sweets in general. I'm not going to have yet another conversation about it, it's just what I think. He seems bored in Pearl Jam, and thoroughly excited by Soundgarden. Jack Irons might've been a quieter person than Matt, but he sure as hell enjoyed playing Pearl Jam's music. You could tell just by listening.

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2013 6:30 pm 

Brave words.

Dave A is now the drummer In Peter Cornells band. Yes brother of that sham Chris.
That's a shame. Nobody could outdo dave for enthusiasm. Or hair.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam