The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: PITTSBURGH SETLIST THREAD [11 Oct 2013]
PostPosted: Sat October 12, 2013 2:22 pm 
Rank This Poster

CupidStunt wrote:
warehouse wrote:
is mike using a bow on his guitar?

Yes.

has he done this before? i think i remember him doing it in mad season, but ive never seen him do this w/ pearl jam.

PostPosted: Sat October 12, 2013 2:24 pm 
Broken Tamborine

warehouse wrote:
CupidStunt wrote:
warehouse wrote:
is mike using a bow on his guitar?

Yes.

has he done this before? i think i remember him doing it in mad season, but ive never seen him do this w/ pearl jam.

Yeah I think it may well be a first with PJ, unless anyone can correct us?.

PostPosted: Sat October 12, 2013 2:27 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

i would like to see all or none more often yeah...help help, could work too. But thats about it.

PostPosted: Sat October 12, 2013 2:59 pm 
Banned from the Pit

I'm stoked that they brought back Untitled to lead into MFC. I've always loved that combo, hope it sticks around. That was one of the highlights of the 00 tour for me. Just thinking about it is bringing back great memories.

...33 minutes or so (we all got the reference).

PostPosted: Sat October 12, 2013 3:26 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

rich wrote:
I'm stoked that they brought back Untitled to lead into MFC. I've always loved that combo, hope it sticks around. That was one of the highlights of the 00 tour for me. Just thinking about it is bringing back great memories.

i love Untitled. Its almost too painful for me now, because of the memories but it really lifts MFC.

What was that 33 minutes reference about?

PostPosted: Sat October 12, 2013 3:34 pm 
The Master

These new songs do sound great live.

PostPosted: Sat October 12, 2013 3:38 pm 
A Return To Form

CupidStunt wrote:
WtOB? wrote:
very nice to see speed of sound in there. especially going into yellow moon. should make for a good b00t.

Yes that is a great 1-2. It's like PJ saying "Go on, go for a piss, and you'll have time to get a beer too!"

There was no Even Flow so I had to call an audible and use Unemployable for a piss break. :haha:

PostPosted: Sat October 12, 2013 3:39 pm 
Banned from the Pit

rich wrote:

It was a nod to Larry Bird, number 33 in your program, number one in our hearts.

PostPosted: Sat October 12, 2013 4:12 pm 
AnalLog

Untitled sounded amazing in 2000. So many great versions that tour.

Pendulum sounded really good. They didn't try to speed it up.

PostPosted: Sat October 12, 2013 4:24 pm 
Banned from the Pit

Peeps wrote:
Strat wrote:
Peeps wrote:
ill say this. the sounded very tight and the passion was in ed tonight. really sounded fantastic as a tour opener

Did you hump Schlitz?

nope, didnt see her

i did meet jimmy mac though

If I knew she was there I would have tried to french her in the bad place.

Peeps is much nicer in person than on the WWW.

Every tour I go in nervous that they are going to start not being good and sounding old, and every time they teach me a lesson. They honestly sounded as good as I've ever heard them, and I would be the first person to say if they weren't good. Vedder sounded great, McCready is what puts the live shows on another level. Cameron was easily the best I've heard him play with the band. New songs all sounded great, I hate Speed of Sound and it sounded good. Pendulum was a really cool opener. Yellow Moon is awesome live. The whole second level was bouncing during RITFW, to the point where I felt a little anxious. There was nothing I didn't like, the slowies to start the show, the slowies to start the second set, even the old standby third set that normally wouldn't do much for me fit just right. Even Why Go and Whipping worked, and I'm "meh" on those songs. There was a ton of energy and it stayed high through that set to the end. Could not have anticipated or expected better.

PostPosted: Sat October 12, 2013 4:35 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

8-)

PostPosted: Sat October 12, 2013 5:14 pm 
Banned from the Pit

I reviewed the setlist and I do realize I have 1 nitpicking complaint. Got Some has never sounded good live. I love it on the album, it's one of my 3 favorite songs from it...but I have yet to hear a live version that sounded good. They should put that one away. Figured I should mention that after I deep throated them in my last post.

PostPosted: Sat October 12, 2013 5:18 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

I love that they've completely changed when and where they are playing most of their songs, it makes it alot cooler to not be able to predict what's coming at the shows next week.

PostPosted: Sat October 12, 2013 5:58 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

i was kinda bummed they didnt play not for you or corduroy but im not sure what songs id have removed to make place

PostPosted: Sat October 12, 2013 6:06 pm 
Future Drummer

WtOB? wrote:

LOL at the bro who thought it was Release.

Have you considered stacking papers and getting paid?

PostPosted: Sat October 12, 2013 8:52 pm 
"Supersonic sucks."

Birds in Hell wrote:
mray10 wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:

Is this correct, or the header post?

In the past I'm pretty sure they;'ve edited the written one before putting it on Twitter, if the actual show deviated.

The Twitter/Pit reports seemed pretty consistent (which is what I was going by) but it's hard to say.

They should post the setlist on the official forum soon, we'll know for sure then.

From the Pit:

Sea wrote:
Pearl Jam
Consol Energy Center
Pittsburgh, PA
Oct 11, 2013

Set List

01. Pendulum-(from the new album “Lightning Bolt”)
02. Of The Girl
03. Nothing Man
04. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter in a Small Town
(Ed thanks the audience for coming, says he is happy to say he is in the city of champions and that it has been too long since they have been in Pittsburgh.)
05. Lightning Bolt-(from the new album “Lightning Bolt”)
06. Mind Your Manners -(from the new album “Lightning Bolt”)
07. Animal
08. Got Some
09. Given To Fly
10. Untitled
11. MFC
12. Faithfull
(Ed says he wants to dedicate the next song to a young man he did a radio interview with from the top of a bridge many years ago. Not too long after that interview the young man had a fatal accident. He is still in the hearts and minds of his family and Ed.)
13. Sirens -(from the new album “Lightning Bolt”)
(this next song is a request and I wish it would apply to everyone in congress right now. It’s called ‘Unemployable’)
14. Unemployable
15. Why Go
16. Daughter (during the song Ed says ‘hey ho-Franco”)
(Ed talks about his favorite running back growing up was Franco Harris. He read that everybody loved him and wanted to claim him. The African Americans as well as the Italians, because of the name Franco. Ed said this was new to him and he had just read that in Pittsburgh even the Irish claimed him but they called him Frank O’Harris. He goes on to say that Franco makes an excellent and large bottle of wine that Ed will soon be sharing with everyone.)

17. Infallible-(from the new album “Lightning Bolt”)
18. Let The Records Play-(from the new album “Lightning Bolt”)
19. Unthought Known
20. Rearview Mirror

Encore Break 1
21. Speed Of Sound
(there is some confusion about what song is next. It takes a minute to sort it out. Ed jokes, “were not gonna split the band up Pittsburgh...”.)
22. Yellow Moon-(from the new album “Lightning Bolt”) [during the intro Ed notes that this is the first time they have played this song live]

(Ed invites his friend, Pittsburgh Pirates pitcher Jason Grilli up onstage. Jason gives a passionate speech about how great the fans are and how he is going to pitch ‘his balls off’ for the fans next year and it will be ‘our year’. While the band plays ‘Whipping’ Jason dances on stage.)

23. Whipping
24. Do The Evolution
25. Betterman/Save It For Later-(Charley, Cox, Morton, Steele, Wakeling)
26. Porch

Encore Break 2
(Ed mentions talking to Bruce Springsteen about starting the tour in Pittsburgh. Springsteen tells him the crowd is going to be great and he will love it. Ed thanks the audience for being so patient.)
27. Black
28. Alive
29. Rockin’ In The Free World-(Young)
(Ed introduces the band. He talks about how great the city of Pittsburgh is and all the great things the band saw while they were here. He thanks the people at the venue and the audience. He points at Jason Grilli and others and says “we have friend here”, gestures to the audience and says, “more friends than we thought.” For the last song he wears a Pittsburgh batting helmet. After the song as the band waves Stone puts on a batting helmet as well)

30. Yellow Ledbetter

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.

Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates.

Thank you!

PostPosted: Sat October 12, 2013 10:41 pm 
Lost Cat

Drove in from Cincy. Was a great show. Pearl Jam usually sound perfect in an inside venue. Some notes...Unthought Known was much better than it was last tour probably because more people know and like the song by now more than they did last tour. Rearviewmirror has not gotten old for me yet as they really rock that simple song. First show without Evenflow and that was nice. Of the Girl was spot on. And Gossard played perfect! The only problem I had was that it seems the people of Pittsburgh do not have very good rhythm. They were way off on the singing most of the night but they did have a lot of intensity so that made up for it.

PostPosted: Sun October 13, 2013 1:44 am 
Rank This Poster
 WWW  Profile

seems like they're fucking nailing these songs live.

PostPosted: Sun October 13, 2013 3:04 pm 
Stone's Bitch

Flew to Pittsburgh. Travel Pro Tip: the Andy Warhol Museum is cool but way overpriced.

Some notes:
-- The crowd was fucking great, especially early on and even more especially when the band walked out. You could tell they were kind of taken aback. Immediately clapping along to Of the Girl gets bonus points as well.
-- Pendulum was a great opener. (as I called it in some thread 8-) )
-- There's nothing like new songs to inject some energy and focus into the group. They have to pay attention and that seeps into the other songs as well.
-- I thought MYM was a fucking trainwreck. I was actually laughing while they were playing. This band can play fast but I couldn't believe how fast they played this. They were a bit too excited. Definitely the premature ejaculation of the night.
-- The best of the LB songs was probably... LB, which I can't believe I'm saying as I was completely bored by it at Wrigley. They've tightened it the fuck up and are rocking it out way better. Could end up being a tour highlight.
-- Infallible was just okay.
-- The welcome return of Untitled/MFC.
-- I have been getting really tired of it, but damn if Unthought Known wasn't fantastic. The band and the crowd really elevated it and fuck it, I love this song again.
-- Jason Grilli was hammered.

PostPosted: Mon October 14, 2013 1:36 pm 
A Return To Form

I don't have much to add, but I really enjoyed the show. I was only three people back in the pit, which is by far closer than the other few times I've seen them.

I haven't seen the band since 2006, and my interest in the band slipped off a little with Backspacer, but I was kind of surprised at how well they still sounded, especially Ed. Of course, that might just be a result of being the beginning of the tour. I'm still not very crazy about Sirens or Let the Records Play, but the other new songs sounded much better than expected. Pendulum and Infallible, in particular, are very solid in my opinion.

Now can somebody point me in the direction of the audience recording that is out there? I've only found the Buffalo recording so far.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live