The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5262 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 251, 252, 253, 254, 255, 256, 257 ... 264  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cops Are The Worst
PostPosted: Sat January 28, 2023 1:54 am 
Looks Like a Cat

Stickman wrote:

Disgusting behavior. Homicide charges far more appropriate here than with Floyd

PostPosted: Sat January 28, 2023 3:17 am 
The Master

Neighbor took down their Blue Lives Matter flag today.

PostPosted: Sat January 28, 2023 3:38 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

Bi_3 wrote:
Stickman wrote:

The CNN coverage was annoying me. Much of what they did before getting the cuffs on him was probably permissible, he was resisting after all. Almost all the hits post cuffs seems pretty solid 2nd degree murder grounds. I don't know why some people were pushing for 1st degree.

The other thing is these cops seemed out of shape and not super competent. I wonder what else will come out about the SCORPION unit they were on.

PostPosted: Sat January 28, 2023 5:48 am 
mXn

Damn. All kinds of fucked up.

PostPosted: Sat January 28, 2023 2:43 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

simple schoolboy wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
Stickman wrote:

The CNN coverage was annoying me. Much of what they did before getting the cuffs on him was probably permissible, he was resisting after all. Almost all the hits post cuffs seems pretty solid 2nd degree murder grounds. I don't know why some people were pushing for 1st degree.

The other thing is these cops seemed out of shape and not super competent. I wonder what else will come out about the SCORPION unit they were on.

Was he resisting or was he confused because he had just been dragged out of his car by 5 angry men all screaming instructions at him?

PostPosted: Sat January 28, 2023 3:35 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

JuanHamm wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
Stickman wrote:

Was he resisting or was he confused because he had just been dragged out of his car by 5 angry men all screaming instructions at him?

Not enough information to make a judgement like that. The public does not yet have video of what happened prior to officers pulling him from the car after the initial pursuit. In one of the released videos an officer claims the victim (he is unquestionably a victim of police violence) was swerving and failing to stop during a low speed chase. There is no evidence presented in the released videos that backs this up or disputes it or otherwise explains the aggressive nature of the initial stop.

But to schoolboy's point, perhaps media should restrain from speculating here until additional evidence becomes available so that a misstatement or misinterpretation or personal remark under stress doesn't lead to further tragedy.

PostPosted: Sat January 28, 2023 8:13 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Is this a situation where good Samaritans should be pulling protesters out of the street?

PostPosted: Sat January 28, 2023 8:39 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

B wrote:

Is this a situation where good Samaritans should be pulling protesters out of the street?

Did they pull a permit? Time, manner and place restrictions are fine. Get a permit or keep it on the sidewalk.

That said, the Good Samaritan would certainly be attacked by the PSL loons.

PostPosted: Mon January 30, 2023 10:49 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

simple schoolboy wrote:
B wrote:

Did they pull a permit? Time, manner and place restrictions are fine. Get a permit or keep it on the sidewalk.

To the memory hole!

PostPosted: Mon January 30, 2023 11:23 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Bi_3 wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
B wrote:

To the memory hole!

Did I miss an update?

PostPosted: Mon January 30, 2023 11:27 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

simple schoolboy wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
B wrote:

To the memory hole!

Did I miss an update?

About what?

PostPosted: Tue January 31, 2023 3:08 pm 
Rank This Poster

simple schoolboy wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
Stickman wrote:

they actually looked to be must in much better physical condition than most cops.

also, lol at the cnn comment.

PostPosted: Wed February 01, 2023 5:25 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

warehouse wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
Stickman wrote:

they actually looked to be must in much better physical condition than most cops.

The cops were aggressive at the initial stop sure, but they actually gave him consistent orders there. He wanted to turn around and protest, which while a natural response is not what they asked of him. He was in a no win condition at this point.

If they were in shape then you have to give more weight to the incompetency side. 3 or 4 cops couldn't get cuffs on a skinny dude for several minutes?

One of the first cop badge cams had him gassed out after running a block or so.

PostPosted: Wed February 01, 2023 5:26 am 
mXn

Thoughts on the idea that police departments are basically desperate to make hires and thus have lower standards (and training) recently leading to hires that would otherwise not have been made?

PostPosted: Wed February 01, 2023 5:40 am 
The Master

Bammer wrote:
Thoughts on the idea that police departments are basically desperate to make hires and thus have lower standards (and training) recently leading to hires that would otherwise not have been made?

Like every profession/industry?

PostPosted: Wed February 01, 2023 5:41 am 
mXn

spike wrote:
Bammer wrote:

More like because defunding?

PostPosted: Wed February 01, 2023 5:54 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

spike wrote:
Bammer wrote:

Gen X has entered the chat.

PostPosted: Wed February 01, 2023 6:19 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

simple schoolboy wrote:
warehouse wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
Stickman wrote:

The cops were aggressive at the initial stop sure, but they actually gave him consistent orders there. He wanted to turn around and protest, which while a natural response is not what they asked of him. He was in a no win condition at this point.

If they were in shape then you have to give more weight to the incompetency side. 3 or 4 cops couldn't get cuffs on a skinny dude for several minutes?

I refuse to watch the video but every descriptive piece I have seen states the orders were not consistent to what was going on

PostPosted: Wed February 01, 2023 6:44 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

Peeps wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
warehouse wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
Stickman wrote:

I refuse to watch the video but every descriptive piece I have seen states the orders were not consistent to what was going on

During the initial contact where they yell at him to face the ground and put his hands behind his back this is less of an issue,
they were pretty consistent. He escapes and runs away pretty quickly. (Questions to competency)

During their second contact commands are kinda secondary to beating him.

Inconsistent commands is a big issue in a lot of these interactions.

PostPosted: Wed February 01, 2023 11:53 am 
Looks Like a Cat

Bammer wrote:
spike wrote:
Bammer wrote:

More like because defunding?

Not many departments were actually defunded, but I would agree the defund movement has lowered police performance and quality.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5262 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 251, 252, 253, 254, 255, 256, 257 ... 264  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate