The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2698 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125 ... 135  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Official Neil Young Thread
PostPosted: Thu January 27, 2022 2:44 am 
tl;dr

McParadigm wrote:
liebzz wrote:
McParadigm wrote:
Millionaire whose audience is baked in and ungrowable is surely gonna be missing out on those hot $100 monthlies from steaming.

Even if we take away the royalties and streams, the exposure itself is also hurt by this. Those lost 15 year olds that learn about rock music discovering Led Zeppelin, and the Beatles for real, and such. I mean, maybe I am making it up because I am pissed that Neil pulled his music from the platform I use, but I agree with the post above that it makes more sense for Neil Young to talk about it in Rogan’s show, write a song, do something proactive rather than take his toys and go home.

I dunno, man. When I was 18 I drove 5 hours to a store in Minneapolis I’d only heard about because I was told by a thirdhand source that they had a bunch of 60’s folk, and I was looking for Pleasures of the Harbor by Phil Ochs.

Pretty sure kids with the internet will not starve for want of Heart of Gold.

tragabigzanda wrote:
Pleasures of the Harbor is a touchstone of my earliest childhood, or the part I can remember anyway. Haven’t listened to that in years.

tragabigzanda wrote:
Just listened to Pleasures of the Harbor again. It kind of wrecked me.

Man, this is eerie. I have not heard or even thought about this album for...15 years? But completely out of nowhere this morning I woke up with "The Party" in my head and pulled it up on YouTube.

PostPosted: Thu January 27, 2022 2:56 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Kevin Davis wrote:
McParadigm wrote:
liebzz wrote:
McParadigm wrote:
Millionaire whose audience is baked in and ungrowable is surely gonna be missing out on those hot $100 monthlies from steaming.

Even if we take away the royalties and streams, the exposure itself is also hurt by this. Those lost 15 year olds that learn about rock music discovering Led Zeppelin, and the Beatles for real, and such. I mean, maybe I am making it up because I am pissed that Neil pulled his music from the platform I use, but I agree with the post above that it makes more sense for Neil Young to talk about it in Rogan’s show, write a song, do something proactive rather than take his toys and go home.

I dunno, man. When I was 18 I drove 5 hours to a store in Minneapolis I’d only heard about because I was told by a thirdhand source that they had a bunch of 60’s folk, and I was looking for Pleasures of the Harbor by Phil Ochs.

tragabigzanda wrote:
Pleasures of the Harbor is a touchstone of my earliest childhood, or the part I can remember anyway. Haven’t listened to that in years.

tragabigzanda wrote:
Just listened to Pleasures of the Harbor again. It kind of wrecked me.

Man, this is eerie. I have not heard or even thought about this album for...15 years? But completely out of nowhere this morning I woke up with "The Party" in my head and pulled it up on YouTube.

I love you guys

PostPosted: Thu January 27, 2022 3:40 am 
Rank This Poster

I dunno if this is allowed n if not sorry but can anybody upload Zuma to me n pm me a link

Lol this sucks

PostPosted: Thu January 27, 2022 4:10 am 
Future Drummer

liebzz wrote:
McParadigm wrote:

i have edited this post

Last edited by Malloy on Thu January 27, 2022 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu January 27, 2022 4:24 am 
"Supersonic sucks."

i got bugs wrote:
Lol this sucks

The overwhelming majority of my music listening occurs via Spotify currently, so I agree.

PostPosted: Thu January 27, 2022 5:27 am 
for those who
are not...shall be

Strat wrote:
Do kids even use spotify anymore?.

Yes. And I blame Eric clapton

PostPosted: Thu January 27, 2022 9:46 am 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

McParadigm wrote:
liebzz wrote:
McParadigm wrote:

Not to get all “kids today”, but we now live in a world of instant gratification and convenience. As a 15-17 year old, I hunted down every Led Zeppelin album on CD and vinyl, went into every record store I passed every time in search of Pearl Jam - Dissident single #2, etc. but with streaming that sort of work is done for you and a new generation of listeners, if they are to be had for Neil Young, aren’t switching streaming services for him or investing in the Archives. They are going to pick up someone else instead.

PostPosted: Thu January 27, 2022 11:34 am 
jeeeesus relax already

yeah, kids today suck so hard.

PostPosted: Thu January 27, 2022 1:34 pm 
mXn

They can’t even be bothered to listen to full songs.

45 seconds … skip to the next one …

PostPosted: Thu January 27, 2022 1:55 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

This is an extremely fitting turn for a Neil Young thread

PostPosted: Thu January 27, 2022 2:38 pm 
Rank This Poster

How's Apple Music?

PostPosted: Thu January 27, 2022 2:56 pm 
Future Drummer

Jorge wrote:
This is an extremely fitting turn for a Neil Young thread

our hurts pulse to one palpable beat

PostPosted: Thu January 27, 2022 3:07 pm 
The Master

For you NYA Subscribers ….is there a way to listen to his stuff in offline mode like other steaming services ?

PostPosted: Thu January 27, 2022 3:12 pm 
The Master

Kids today are awesome. More adaptable and big-thinking and self-aware than any of us ever were at their age.

Yes I think a lot of their music and TV and social media content objectively sucks, but as the future adults in the room I think they’re going to do a fine job of reckoning with the poison world they’re inheriting.

PostPosted: Thu January 27, 2022 3:16 pm 
mXn

tragabigzanda wrote:
Kids today are awesome. More adaptable and big-thinking and self-aware than any of us ever were at their age.

Yes I think a lot of their music and TV and social media content objectively sucks, but as the future adults in the room I think they’re going to do a fine job of reckoning with the poison world they’re inheriting.

ORLY?

https://www.netzerowatch.com/good-news- ... ypocrites/

PostPosted: Thu January 27, 2022 3:17 pm 
The Master

Trag very hopeful for his daughters future this morning which I respect bigly

PostPosted: Thu January 27, 2022 3:18 pm 
The Master

NOW GET OFF MY LAWN !!!!

PostPosted: Thu January 27, 2022 3:21 pm 
mXn

I’m hopeful for my kids’ future because the world is getting to its extreme right vs. extreme left tipping point, and the pendulum can’t help but swing back toward some sense of decorum in the next 20 years. Either that or the North Korean nukes take us all out.

PostPosted: Thu January 27, 2022 3:24 pm 
The Master

Switched to Tidal yesterday on a whim. Ill give it a go. But Neil hates Tidal and only about half of his catalogue is there. Reading up, Neil and some seem to think Tidal is actually not losless and its a bit of scam. I think at some point we're splitting hairs and what the human ear can actually pick up.

That being said, most seem to think Apple music is the cheapest and absolute highest quality delivering lossless music. On top of that, all of Neils music is there and he supports it.

Same with Amazon but apparently the interface sucks balls and i really dont want to give more of my money to bezos as i already fucking use amazon too much.

So, my concern with apple music is: I have finally figured out how to manage my own songs (pj compliations, boots, live shows, my own recordings, etc) and keep them in my i tunes and on my iphone. So, if I subscribe to Apple music, will it go back to being unable to manage my own bootlegs and be able to transfer from computer to phone? How are playlists on apple music? How's downloading for offline listening? Can i transfer spotify library/playlists and import to Apple music? Has anyone got any good insight and experience to share with apple music?

PostPosted: Thu January 27, 2022 3:50 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

I used an app called SongShift to transfer all my playlists over when I switched from Spotify. Worked like a charm.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2698 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125 ... 135  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands