The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19045 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 744, 745, 746, 747, 748, 749, 750 ... 953  Next
 Post subject: Re: Anybody want a Corona?
PostPosted: Sat September 18, 2021 6:42 am 
Gone

Rob wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Attention: we can control microscopic events as long as we science right

Yea man. I think you finally got there. It’s a process, but over time it’s why you’ll probably live to 85 rather than 45.

But what about those anti science people on the FDA panel? Will us young people get our boosties or not?!

PostPosted: Sun September 19, 2021 2:33 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Mon September 20, 2021 11:16 am 
Looks Like a Cat

Pfizer says its Covid vaccine is safe and generates robust immune response in kids ages 5 to 11

Quote:
The release shared Monday didn’t mention whether any of the kids in the trial experienced myocarditis, a rare heart condition seen in a small number of adolescents and young adults.

Why would a press release timed to offset the market impact of the FDA's booster bullshit mention that?

PostPosted: Mon September 20, 2021 11:52 am 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

I can't find a number for how frequent myocarditis is following covid vaccination, but it's likely that 2,200 kids isn't enough for it to manifest in the study.

FDA or CDC are going to have to make a decision based on how likely it's been up until now.

PostPosted: Mon September 20, 2021 12:51 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

verb_to_trust wrote:
Rob wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

Yea man. I think you finally got there. It’s a process, but over time it’s why you’ll probably live to 85 rather than 45.

But what about those anti science people on the FDA panel? Will us young people get our boosties or not?!

Young?

PostPosted: Mon September 20, 2021 1:28 pm 
Gone

JuanHamm wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Rob wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

Young?

Covid sees basically everyone as young

PostPosted: Mon September 20, 2021 1:30 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

verb_to_trust wrote:
JuanHamm wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Rob wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

Young?

The FDA was clear that something magical happens at age 65 that does not occur at 64 1/2. You just don't understand Science™ and should follow it on Twitter.

PostPosted: Mon September 20, 2021 2:04 pm 
Gone

I see a really good marketing opportunity for Adidas and an Ultraboost(er) 21 release. Maybe have tiny veils of vaccine at the end of the laces. The upper could be made from recycled masks. WE HAVE TO WIN HEARTS AND MINDS.

PostPosted: Mon September 20, 2021 2:27 pm 
The Master

a veil on a shoe sounds like a pretty bad tripping hazard.

PostPosted: Mon September 20, 2021 2:45 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Bi_3 wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
JuanHamm wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Rob wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

Young?

The FDA was clear that something magical happens at age 65 that does not occur at 64 1/2. You just don't understand Science™ and should follow it on Twitter.

:roll: like no one's ever had to make a practical decion before.

I magically need a colonoscopy at 50.
I can magically drive at 16.
I can magically handle alcohol at 21.

PostPosted: Mon September 20, 2021 3:07 pm 
Gone

PostPosted: Mon September 20, 2021 3:27 pm 
See you in another life, brother

Serious question that I know might sound troll-ish. What happens to vaccinated people's obligation to mask, etc., once the vaccine has been made available to children? Especially if the rates of uptake aren't relatively high?

This isn't a question for spike only, but I know spike has emphasized the lack of availability to children as a reason why vaccinated people need to continue following certain restrictions, so once it's available at what point does that change? And how much, if any, is based on the vaccination rates?

PostPosted: Mon September 20, 2021 3:57 pm 
Gone

Peeps wrote:

PostPosted: Mon September 20, 2021 3:58 pm 
The Master

4/5 wrote:
Serious question that I know might sound troll-ish. What happens to vaccinated people's obligation to mask, etc., once the vaccine has been made available to children? Especially if the rates of uptake aren't relatively high?

This isn't a question for spike only, but I know spike has emphasized the lack of availability to children as a reason why vaccinated people need to continue following certain restrictions, so once it's available at what point does that change? And how much, if any, is based on the vaccination rates?

Interesting question. I’m fine masking in public to protect unvaccinated kids with ignorant parents, since the decision is being made for them. But to an extent I suppose… if it’s like six months after availability to kids, and there’s still a ton unvaccinated, it gets into that how much burden must the vaccinated bear territory that many are feeling now. But also, at the end of the day, it’s about trying to minimize infection so the virus can truly become endemic, the world can move on, and this godforsaken thread can disappear into the back pages of RM.

PostPosted: Mon September 20, 2021 4:24 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

B wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
JuanHamm wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Rob wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

Young?

Those aren't even straw men, they are like soap-bubble men.

Unlike those silly examples, we know what is significant here and have the ability to objectively measure it... the level of anti-bodies in the blood. Same data Pfizer presented. Why not use the actual scientific data to make a decision point vs. some arbitrary age that endangers a large percentage of the population (~40-64.999 year olds)?

PostPosted: Mon September 20, 2021 4:31 pm 
The Master

Bi_3 wrote:
B wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
JuanHamm wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Rob wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

Young?

Unlike those silly examples, we know what is significant here and have the ability to objectively measure it... the level of anti-bodies in the blood. Same data Pfizer presented. Why not use the actual scientific data to make a decision point vs. some arbitrary age that endangers a large percentage of the population (~40-64.999 year olds)?

We’re taking about tens on millions of people, and it’s no secret that vaccinations have been a challenge to the pharmacy chains, etc. So could it be possible that the real concern is making sure higher risk well past 65 have access to boosters first, and the 65 cut off is leaving plenty of margin? Then you approve under 65 once enough time has passed.

Think of it like airplane boarding in groups.

PostPosted: Mon September 20, 2021 4:49 pm 
Gone

They can't give the vaccine away at this point. You don't need to set up airport style logistics Spike.

PostPosted: Mon September 20, 2021 5:02 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

spike wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
B wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
JuanHamm wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Rob wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

Young?

We’re taking about tens on millions of people, and it’s no secret that vaccinations have been a challenge to the pharmacy chains, etc. So could it be possible that the real concern is making sure higher risk well past 65 have access to boosters first, and the 65 cut off is leaving plenty of margin? Then you approve under 65 once enough time has passed.

Think of it like airplane boarding in groups.

That might be part of the CDC recommendation, but that shouldn't be how FDA approves these.

To my "straw men," waning antibodies doesn't ACTUALLY mean waning immunity. You can be immune to a disease with undetectable levels of antibody. You could get a booster, and it does nothing to raise the antibody levels.

Most likely, the data shows better response based on age, or more waning of antibodies based on age, so they had to make a decision as to at what age it ceases to be helpful or most likley, cost-effective enough, to give a booster.

PostPosted: Mon September 20, 2021 5:21 pm 
Gone

I thought Fauci has already flipped on boosters? Why are we putting the cart before the horse here anyway? Let's just push forward with a new plan like vaccinated ovum

PostPosted: Mon September 20, 2021 5:34 pm 
The Master

verb_to_trust wrote:
They can't give the vaccine away at this point. You don't need to set up airport style logistics Spike.

It’s logistics and readily available supply. For example, when my sister was looking into a booster, Walgreens said they wouldn’t have any on-site for a week or so. Since demand has dropped off, they’re storing this stuff or sending it overseas.

Then there’s the administrative side - logging third doses correctly in the various computer systems. Stuff like that.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19045 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 744, 745, 746, 747, 748, 749, 750 ... 953  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate