The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2450 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 119, 120, 121, 122, 123
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Tue February 16, 2021 2:35 am 
Offline
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:06 pm
Posts: 7418
Tokyo '03 is the best ever "Can't Keep," in my opinion.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Fri February 19, 2021 11:27 am 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 9:37 am
Posts: 2608
liebzz wrote:
Chicago 10/9/2000

Some shows you listen to because the band is doing something totally different or playing around in the set somewhere or stretching out a bit. This set is not one of those. This is them in top form absolutely motivated to demolish every song - and one of my all time favorite bootlegs (no, I was not at this show). This is them just effin’ nailing every note.


This is pretty much what Saratoga and Pittsburgh are like as well.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Fri February 19, 2021 2:10 pm 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 7:55 pm
Posts: 3035
Big fan of that Saratoga show but mostly because I was there. There is a smokin’ version of Black in there and the Nobody’s Fault But Mine tag on Yellow Ledbetter is really cool.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Fri February 19, 2021 2:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:07 pm
Posts: 2025
Saratoga is a fantastic show, Pittsburgh feels a bit subdued even with Ed noting the ability to go all-out as it is the end of that leg of the tour.

_________________
absinthe makes the heart grow fonder...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Fri February 19, 2021 3:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Sun January 06, 2013 6:05 pm
Posts: 575
liebzz wrote:
Big fan of that Saratoga show but mostly because I was there. There is a smokin’ version of Black in there and the Nobody’s Fault But Mine tag on Yellow Ledbetter is really cool.


Same. Picked up a lawn ticket after seeing the Jones Beach shows. Enjoyed Saratoga so much more. It's still one of my most listened to shows from the 2000 tour. There's a note at the beginning of Breakerfall that sounds awful, and it feels like an ominous start, but the show kills from there.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Fri February 19, 2021 8:17 pm 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 7:55 pm
Posts: 3035
Yeah I caught Jones Beach 2 (the show with the It’s Okay tag) and Saratoga that year. Regret missing JB3, but you can’t have it all. I was quite unhappy with the Jones Beach show because I could barely hear despite it being 19th row from stage (wind) and have never been back to that venue since. The sound at SPAC has always been really great (many shows there from Tom Petty and Neil Young to R.E.M.).


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Sat February 20, 2021 4:08 am 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:07 pm
Posts: 2025
liebzz wrote:
Yeah I caught Jones Beach 2 (the show with the It’s Okay tag) and Saratoga that year. Regret missing JB3, but you can’t have it all. I was quite unhappy with the Jones Beach show because I could barely hear despite it being 19th row from stage (wind) and have never been back to that venue since. The sound at SPAC has always been really great (many shows there from Tom Petty and Neil Young to R.E.M.).

Everything about SPAC and Saratoga Springs in general is great.

_________________
absinthe makes the heart grow fonder...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Sun February 21, 2021 12:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 9:37 am
Posts: 2608
oasisfan35 wrote:
Saratoga is a fantastic show, Pittsburgh feels a bit subdued even with Ed noting the ability to go all-out as it is the end of that leg of the tour.


Pitt is subdued compared to Saratoga for sure, but it's spot-on performance wise. And I'd say Chicago is somewhere in between. But still the 3 best shows from the US legs, I think.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Sun February 21, 2021 5:23 pm 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 7:55 pm
Posts: 3035
Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:
oasisfan35 wrote:
Saratoga is a fantastic show, Pittsburgh feels a bit subdued even with Ed noting the ability to go all-out as it is the end of that leg of the tour.


Pitt is subdued compared to Saratoga for sure, but it's spot-on performance wise. And I'd say Chicago is somewhere in between. But still the 3 best shows from the US legs, I think.


It’s been a long time since I revisited this tour proper but I have a recollection of really enjoying the Florida shows on the bootlegs on this tour, that the Boise show was way better than expected, that Seattle 1 had a dead crowd, and Seattle 2 considered the gold standard of shows for a while in large part because it was such an emotional show. I did like Saratoga, JB3, and Chicago best on the tour (Chicago being the clear winner for me).


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Mon February 22, 2021 12:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:07 pm
Posts: 2025
liebzz wrote:
Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:
oasisfan35 wrote:
Saratoga is a fantastic show, Pittsburgh feels a bit subdued even with Ed noting the ability to go all-out as it is the end of that leg of the tour.


Pitt is subdued compared to Saratoga for sure, but it's spot-on performance wise. And I'd say Chicago is somewhere in between. But still the 3 best shows from the US legs, I think.


It’s been a long time since I revisited this tour proper but I have a recollection of really enjoying the Florida shows on the bootlegs on this tour, that the Boise show was way better than expected, that Seattle 1 had a dead crowd, and Seattle 2 considered the gold standard of shows for a while in large part because it was such an emotional show. I did like Saratoga, JB3, and Chicago best on the tour (Chicago being the clear winner for me).

The band definitely sounds great in Pitt and the mix really pushes that forward. I'm not going back to listen now but I feel like the lyrics for Wash were a bit butchered but even its inclusion kind of marks an end of the tour leg looseness.

Listening to Chicago and Ed's energy with the month+ off really comes through.

_________________
absinthe makes the heart grow fonder...


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2450 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 119, 120, 121, 122, 123

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
It is currently Fri February 26, 2021 10:47 am